Oppo Camp The non North football discussion thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Brad crouch out for two months with a foot fracture requiring surgery.
No definitive news on Greenwood, but Eddie said he expect him to miss a chunk of the early rounds.

Huge loss for the Crows, I'm growing more confident we can win by the day.

Admittedly it's a similar feeling to the one I've had before round 1 for the last 5 years.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Huge loss for the Crows, I'm growing more confident we can win by the day.

Admittedly it's a similar feeling to the one I've had before round 1 for the last 5 years.
Brad Crouch seems like a slightly lesser Oliie Wines, which is no knock on him, kid's got talent.

As for round 1.... I think we can and should win it as well. I don't quite have an expectation of winning, but I've been really impressed with our preseason and think we look pretty well primed.

As long as we win or lose while playing respectfully, I won't mind too much. That loss to Essendon last year was pretty pathetic. We just didn't look fresh or turned on.

Jun 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Brad Crouch seems like a slightly lesser Oliie Wines, which is no knock on him, kid's got talent.

As for round 1.... I think we can and should win it as well. I don't quite have an expectation of winning, but I've been really impressed with our preseason and think we look pretty well primed.

As long as we win or lose while playing respectfully, I won't mind too much. That loss to Essendon last year was pretty pathetic. We just didn't look fresh or turned on.

I'd take him over Wines without even thinking twice about it.

Feb 17, 2009
epping
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
golden state warriors
hate to be the bearer of bad news but it's been confirmed the great £evi greenhead greenback greenwood will be out for 6+ weeks, won't be running for 6 weeks so some shocking news, gotta feel for the bloke and the collingwood fc, nothing ever goes right for them, send my deepest sympathys to £evi and the collingwood army.

Marksup

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I for one hate seeing injuries to guys who do have a genuine crack.

Greenwood was a big part of what made last year so great. Yes he left and that was a p**ck move but I don't wish injuries on anyone.

Wish him the best recovery and hope he's back by round 9, so we can show him the mistake he made by going to that sh!t club.

I don't mind that we have a thread on this. As much as we shouldn't wish injury upon anyone, it is natural for supporters to feel the karma here. Just like if your woman leaves you - you know you shouldn't wish anything to happen to her, but deep inside you do feel it.

Let's just hope that we won't remember who Levi was by the first Saturday of October.

theduckfan

Norm Smith Medallist
Veteran North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Mar 31, 2007
GB
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Inter,Victory, Liverpool
I'm sure he'll have the best medical people around him to help him now that he's at Collingwood...

Hope he comes back before rd 9.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
all_aboard_the_karma_train-2704.gif

Dazb86

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Can someone who watched the Collingwood v Footscray game last night explain to me how a Dogs side sans Griffen, Liberatore, Higgins and Cooney demolished the Pies like that? Did the Colliwobbles just not turn up to play? Looks like the fielded a complete side.

Collingwood played like s**t. We aren't playing an ultra contested 1 on 1 game style any more. Also using tall defenders and tall forwards helps.

As good as Mcartney was at fast tracking our youngsters his tactical nous was absolutely terrible. "Win the contested ball and the goals will take care of themselves" was his catch cry. We won the contested ball heaps and got belted routinely.

Shagga is all Class

Premiership Player
May 15, 2005
Beneath the Blue and White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
Maybe I'm odd, but I just dont give a **** about Greenwood or his injury. He'll live and he'll get paid.

Which is exactly what Levi wanted.

He was concerned he was not good enough to maintain his 1s spot at North and you continue your match payments if you get injured in the 1s.

He certainly did no go to Collingwood for success.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Maybe I'm odd, but I just dont give a **** about Greenwood or his injury. He'll live and he'll get paid.

This.

He chose to leave despite both the club and fans expressing their hopes of retaining him.

Thus what happens from hereon in his career is of no relevance to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back