Oppo Camp The non North football discussion thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.watoday.com.au/victoria/...-trying-to-outrun-police-20150323-1m6411.html
http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/f...rrs-wembley-home-reports-20150323-1m64k9.html

When it rains, it pours....at the culture club.

It's funny the way incidents involving players, past or present, in the millionaire miners town seem to almost always come from one club.

Yep, WCE are the original * sh*tstain on the competition. Three premierships, none clean. If they weren't on the juice they'd have as many premierships as Fremantle.

Weak as piss AFL commission / management then, as they are now. Only difference now is that it's not just the AFL or * would also have escaped sanction. Which they haven't and it will be a whole lot more in 6 days.

Back page of Herald. Pelchen's big mouth.

Good.

That price is prohibitive to the way we have balanced our list.

We ain't paying 1.2 m to anybody to come to the club.

I would prefer we continue our more moneyballish approach.

talented kids onto the list every year with top up FA who's cost fits the balance.

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Good.

talented kids onto the list every year with top up FA who's cost fits the balance.
We had a truckload set aside for Jeremy Cameron apparently...

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
Good.

I can see where you're coming from but I wouldn't mind us going for a marquee free agent, even if it does take up a bit of our cap. I think we lack a little belief from all of players, fans, media and opposition that we can take that next step from a good side to an absolute powerhouse. I think a top free agency acquisition would just give a massive list for the whole club and take a dangerous list to an elite one.

EDIT: Personally I would love to see us up to our eyeballs in one of Dangerfield, Hawkins or Rance or a star uncontracted player that's not a free agent yet.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
KPF's like that are an exception.
Agreed. There isn't that big of a difference for a team between having a good midfielder and having an elite midfielder. There is a huge difference when comparing a good forward to an elite forward though.

I can see where you're coming from but I wouldn't mind us going for a marquee free agent, even if it does take up a bit of our cap. I think we lack a little belief from all of players, fans, media and opposition that we can take that next step from a good side to an absolute powerhouse. I think a top free agency acquisition would just give a massive list for the whole club and take a dangerous list to an elite one.

EDIT: Personally I would love to see us up to our eyeballs in one of Dangerfield, Hawkins or Rance or a star uncontracted player that's not a free agent yet.

If we had Hawkins we would be flag favourites. The man wins the most 1 on 1's of all forwards, and demands a second defender to sit back. The crap we could get up to if we left him in the square and had Black, Wood and Waite and Drew playing further up the ground.

No-one will lack belief when A. Swallow hoists the 2015 Premiership Cup above his head that one day in October. :thumbsu:

Just thinking about how with all of Melbourne's list turn over; delistings, retirements, trades etc that it's truly ridiculous that two of the players that have lasted on their list for years are called Dunn and Gawn.
Though when you think of it, they are both well named if they had been on any other club’s list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

****in' hell. David Astbury from the tigers is going to miss the first round, and possibly more because he needed minor surgery after being bitten by a stingray during recovery. That's some solid bad luck.
Tough t***ies Richmond. Good luck, Davo.

IschenkoUBeauty

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Apr 18, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The Blues will be welcoming Fevola back in the door next Thursday night. Wonder if they'll do the same with Waite in a few years. :D

Cockatoo just signed a 1 year extension with the cats.

No one likes this
upload_2015-3-27_11-46-56.png

Rance?

Jesus H Christ!

IschenkoUBeauty

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Apr 18, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
GWS was just fined 10k for submitting late/inadequate paperwork (player addresses) to ASADA.

Surprised the AFL didn't make an example out of them and fine them 100k. It's money going out of and back into it's own pockets anyway.
GWS 'supporters' have been instructed to act disappointed by the AFL in reaction to this news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back