Old Skool

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
10k Posts North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor
Nov 20, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
GWS are showing some spirit.

They actually look pretty good running out of defense, but like us theyre over possessing it through the middle and just doing that one too many passes and turning it over.

Apparently Wilson is from Peel Thunder at Mandurah.

Like Aaron Black.

And BT.

...just saying.

Sydney have not impressed tonight. I know GWS pretty much clogged up their back half for most of the night but the delivery into the forward line has been as poor as the options playing in there.

GWS talent is obvious but they will struggle against the structurally disciplined sides.

Sydney have not impressed tonight. I know GWS pretty much clogged up their back half for most of the night but the delivery into the forward line has been as poor as the options playing in there.

GWS talent is obvious but they will struggle against the structurally disciplined sides.

Sydneys general awareness was poor in my opinion, got caught so many times standing around with d**** in hands and a young kid just snuck up behind them and drove them into the turf.

I will however reserve judgement on their play style til they play a top 8 team because they may not have taken the game completely seriously.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydneys general awareness was poor in my opinion, got caught so many times standing around with d**** in hands and a young kid just snuck up behind them and drove them into the turf.

I will however reserve judgement on their play style til they play a top 8 team because they may not have taken the game completely seriously.

Yeah, it seemed they were in second gear for most of the night.

First game skills are always rusty.

The conditions were apparently slippery as well.

Agree Sydney look a bit rusty, but I will reserve my judgement. I doubt we will be to polished straight out of the blocks either.

Sydney were decidedly meh.

The drift down the ladder will continue in 2012.

I'll be very surprised if they make the top 8.

First game skills are always rusty.

The conditions were apparently slippery as well.

Agree Sydney look a bit rusty, but I will reserve my judgement. I doubt we will be to polished straight out of the blocks either.

We play like we did in the 3rd quarter v Carlton last week and we will beat GWS by 25 goals and Sydney by 12 goals.

Sydney were decidedly meh.

The drift down the ladder will continue in 2012.

I'll be very surprised if they make the top 8.

But Rohan, Jetta and Reid are orgasm inducingly exiting? (confused facey thingy)

GWS have a promising future, i can't wait to watch GWS vs. Gold Coast should be a great game.
Maybe they will be more competitive in round 2 against us ?? I'm hoping for a percentage boosting win though.
Sydney were pretty average, they just didn't play a very exciting brand of footy tonight.
I wouldn't be suprised if they lose their next game against Freo.

This drove me nuts last year with the Suns and I think you can triple that this year with GWS. Do we need every time a Suns/Giants player is able to kick the ball without falling over - "Wow, that's promising - he looks like he'll be a star." If they got within 15 goals of an opponent - "Wow, that was a spirited performance, they never gave up. In a few years these guys will be a force."

Bullshit

Of course they'll be good eventually - the Suns and GWS have been hand delivered every top young kid (and a few top players poached from others - apparently the recruiting of Scully was "genius" according to Demetriou. How much "genius" do you need to throw a bucket of $$$ at a 20yo and expect him to take it???) in the country and will continue to be spoon fed up by the AFL until they do succeed no matter how long it takes. Last night the Giants showed a bit of spirit but really the Swans were in third gear all night, are hardly a gun side when flat out, and they still were never threatened, conceded just 5 goals and won by over 10.

Last year the Suns were absolutely pumped in more games than not but no one ever dared say how badly they sucked. I remember after the Essendon game when they lost by 137 points and were 90 down at quarter time that one commentator said they were "A bit off their game."

According to BT last night Izzy Folau "showed enough". FFS - he got 3 possessions and 1 mark. The only thing he got right was that the didn't put his jumper on inside out. He looked totally lost!

I doubt I can watch too many Giants games this year - firstly because the games with be a dull as last night's, but also because of the ridiculously over-positive commentary.

Kennedy and Bugg both had basically 30 possessions at 75% DE in their debut afl games, Apologies if I liked how they played and thought they may JUST have a future in the AFL.

Some of the things their kids did were pretty good and to be honest its no worse than some of the bleating thats done on our board re: players that have never played a game.

Kennedy and Bugg both had basically 30 possessions at 75% DE in their debut afl games, Apologies if I liked how they played and thought they may JUST have a future in the AFL.

Some of the things their kids did were pretty good and to be honest its no worse than some of the bleating thats done on our board re: players that have never played a game.

Of course they have a future in the game, and of course they will get better but the level of positive comment on the team as a whole is nonsense. It's like no one wants to criticise them for anything. In the third quarter last night they were basically witches hats - they were even the same colour - but even then everything was still hunky spunky about how they were playing.

Example - Commentators gush over how Folau was able to jump over Mumford in a ruck duel. So much so we even got a replay of it...what atheleticism!!! Pity he made no contact to the ball OR Mumford and therefore had no impact on the contest whatsoever and may as well not have been there - but he did jump higher than Mumford.

Got to expect that though MM, the commentators for lack of a better sentence are in the back pocket of the AFL.

Theyll be doing everything they can to keep the overlords on side so they continue to get an easy pay packet, and the broadcasting rights with their channels. I agree theyre too positive but with the new teams you just have to tune it out (or find a decent radio coverage where theyll actually call it as they see it) because theyre never going to put the AFLs noses out of line while so much money rests on their calling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back