The numpty questions thread

Remove this Banner Ad

n4U3hot.jpg

Is number 16 going to be given out next season ?

It is an interesting one. My thoughts would be no based on history (Voss & Black), unless Browny has asked specifically for someone to wear it - he is working with Close so maybe he may want to pass it down.

The time when a post is made is all stuffed up on my version of big footy. Anyone know how to update it. It has been like that for months now.

Sportsbet have no Lions player in the top 50 or 60 players to win the brownlow...including even Rocky (I'd have thought 10:1 or sumfin would be realistic) or as a smoky, Hanley (gotta be worth 501:1)... not even offering odds in the top 60 or so players... with players such as Polec and the Hoff on the list. How can this be? Am I missing something here?

Sportsbet have no Lions player in the top 50 or 60 players to win the brownlow...including even Rocky (I'd have thought 10:1 or sumfin would be realistic) or as a smoky, Hanley (gotta be worth 501:1)... not even offering odds in the top 60 or so players... with players such as Polec and the Hoff on the list. How can this be? Am I missing something here?

Rocky is ineligible due to suspension.

If we'd won another 5 or so games Hanley would have better odds but it would be borderline impossible for him to win it off 7 wins. Rockliff will pinch a lot of his votes.

Rocky is ineligible due to suspension.

If we'd won another 5 or so games Hanley would have better odds but it would be borderline impossible for him to win it off 7 wins. Rockliff will pinch a lot of his votes.
And that's why it's the numpty questions thread... Doh:cry:

It is an interesting one. My thoughts would be no based on history (Voss & Black), unless Browny has asked specifically for someone to wear it - he is working with Close so maybe he may want to pass it down.
Sneaky suspicion it will be McStay, if it is offered out.

What's the definition of a clearance?

eg on the weekend, one of the first goals came from a Rocky handball from a pack to Zorko streaming through congestion...who gets credited?

What's the definition of a clearance?

eg on the weekend, one of the first goals came from a Rocky handball from a pack to Zorko streaming through congestion...who gets credited?
Rocky he got the possession out of the contest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do they decide what games to show FTA ... I mean surely more people would have been interested in seeing Freo vs Port in Qld than in watching Essendon vs Carlton this afternoon?

Dartboard.

Actually AFAIK they do it nationwide and then provide exceptions for local teams. Essendon v Carlton would get more viewers "nationwide", i.e. Victoria, or at least it would have been expected to way back at the start of the season, so NSW and Qld default to that.

My numpty question:

What's the deal with the incessant pissing contests between NM and Essendon supporters on BF? Is there an underlying club rivalry there that I've never really noticed to trigger it or is it just a BF thing? Kind of like how everyone on BF hates Carlton because of some of their more "vigilant" supporters, even though there's not really that hatred between supporter bases off BF (with some notable exceptions).

My numpty question:

What's the deal with the incessant pissing contests between NM and Essendon supporters on BF? Is there an underlying club rivalry there that I've never really noticed to trigger it or is it just a BF thing? Kind of like how everyone on BF hates Carlton because of some of their more "vigilant" supporters, even though there's not really that hatred between supporter bases off BF (with some notable exceptions).

It's marshmallow related.

Dates back to 1998-ish.

OK I don't understand the PSD and why/who gets picks. I was watching the draft threads and there is talk of us having a pick in the PSD but we haven't had one since the year Rocky was drafted. So why is that? Why do clubs get a PSD pick some years and not others. Is it just ladder position?

OK I don't understand the PSD and why/who gets picks. I was watching the draft threads and there is talk of us having a pick in the PSD but we haven't had one since the year Rocky was drafted. So why is that? Why do clubs get a PSD pick some years and not others. Is it just ladder position?

PSD picks are effectively just ND picks that a team has passed on, save for the case where a club delists a player between the ND and the PSD.

PSD picks are mostly used by the worse teams because they can provide a guaranteed mechanism for a player to move from one club to another. i.e. St Kilda is guaranteed to have the #1 PSD pick because they came last, so a player out of contract can just nominate for the PSD and the Saints can take him. No need to trade with the player's original club. This is good for the Saints because it means that they can guarantee a known player with that pick instead of, say, player #75 in the ND.

We haven't had a PSD pick generally because we haven't been low enough to make it worthwhile as usually only the bottom two or three clubs can guarantee picking up a given player. After that it's a crapshoot as to whether a club picking before you is going to take the player you wanted.

The other, less common, PSD scenario is that a club wants extra time to evaluate its options leading into the PSD. This is what we did when we took Rocky, as we tossed up between him and Nick Davis.

The other, less common, PSD scenario is that a club wants extra time to evaluate its options leading into the PSD. This is what we did when we took Rocky, as we tossed up between him and Nick Davis.
We chose...wisely.

Further to what dlanod has said and using the Rockliff PSD of 16 Dec2008 as example.

There were 6 clubs that ‘passed’ with still one space free on their senior list

Rich - Pick 70
MEL - Pick 76
ESS – Pick 79
BNE – Pick 82
PTA – Pick 84
CAR – Pick 85

But the order of selection reverted back to their finish spot on the ladder.

Therefore picks went…

1: MEL – finished 16th
2: PTA – 13th
3: ESS – 12th
4: CAR – 11th
5: BNE – 10th
6: RIC – 9th-mond

When does the AFL usually release next years fixture?
Last year it was released Oct 31, so about a week after the trade period closes. I don't know if the two are related, but the trade period is closing a week earlier this year - Oct 17.

Anyone tell me when Hamish McLachlan became awesome enough that he gets to introduce himself for Harvey Norman voiceover work? "Hi I'm me getting paid to talk about TVs."

Tickets...
According to him, it was when he became old enough to have a sense of self.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back