The numpty questions thread

Remove this Banner Ad

You were teaching/discussing mail order brides with year 11 students??

....this is what we are teaching our kids today?

https://www.qcaa.qld.edu.au/downloads/senior/snr_sos_12_syll.pdf

Page 5, Unit 2 Inquiry topic.

Hard to explore the norms, mores, perceptions, stereotypes, values and taboos of the sociology of "love" without wading into some of the edgy stuff.

Also looked at stuff like polygamy, arranged marriage and child brides as well.

Back in my day we just learnt about good Christian values, none of this heathen stuff! So help me if we didn't get the cane just for asking about those kinda things.

Back in my day we just learnt about good Christian values, none of this heathen stuff! So help me if we didn't get the cane just for asking about those kinda things.
Certainly worked for you.

I hate to think what type of job in the real world that subject is preparing them for.;)

Maybe they are attempting to create free thinking, widely learned, critically thinking future citizens of our planet rather than specifically indoctrinating and training them towards becoming useful cogs performing thoughtlessly (or at least critically thoughtlessly) in the service of the State ... nah that's not it!

I hate to think what type of job in the real world that subject is preparing them for.;)

Education has gone downhill since there has been too much emphasis on its value in an instrumental sense in regards to turning our youth into happy little capitalists. The intrinsic value of education is just as important - if not more.

Last edited:
Haso is that you masquerading on the Collingwood board with the rather apt username "Unknown Identity"?:p

Whenever I see that person posting, I immediately think its you.:drunk:

Haso is that you masquerading on the Collingwood board with the rather apt username "Unknown Identity"?:p

Can Haso sue for copyright?

Hah, it's not, but you remind me that my BT alts would have been perfect during this trade period.

Oh well, you live and learn.

Hi guys, im new to this caper (posting that is)

ive been a long time lurker (probly since 07) and even longer than that a longtime lions fan...all the way back to voss shattering his leg in 98 :( (no that wasn't what got me onboard as a lions supporter) but it was certainly around there. its taken me this long to join up and have a go.

my numpty question is how do you link the username to the thread like my fine friend above has done :)

anyways just a newbie trying to navigate this now as a poster not a reader. looking forward to 2015 but not before a long offseason. go lions !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi guys, im new to this caper (posting that is)

ive been a long time lurker (probly since 07) and even longer than that a longtime lions fan...all the way back to voss shattering his leg in 98 :( (no that wasn't what got me onboard as a lions supporter) but it was certainly around there. its taken me this long to join up and have a go.

my numpty question is how do you link the username to the thread like my fine friend above has done :)

anyways just a newbie trying to navigate this now as a poster not a reader. looking forward to 2015 but not before a long offseason. go lions !!
Hey mate, super freakin glad you've decided to take the plunge.

To tag a poster, just place a @ in front of their name without a space. For example, if I type this:

upload_2014-10-5_23-34-17.png

It shows up like this: keen campaigner

Hope you stick around :thumbsu:

Maybe they are attempting to create free thinking, widely learned, critically thinking future citizens of our planet rather than specifically indoctrinating and training them towards becoming useful cogs performing thoughtlessly (or at least critically thoughtlessly) in the service of the State ...

Bingo. Extra emphasis on the "critical thinking" aspect.

And as for employment benefits... as with most other subjects students do, they learn to plan, organise and complete a project from beginning to end within a given specification/framework and time frame. Not many jobs out there where that isn't a useful skill.

Inquiry process for the win.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Hey mate, super freakin glad you've decided to take the plunge.

To tag a poster, just place a @ in front of their name without a space. For example, if I type this:

View attachment 84764

It shows up like this: keen campaigner

Hope you stick around :thumbsu:

cheers Haso :) if memory serves me correct you've always got a well timed gif /simpsons quote up your sleeve..no pressure :D

glad to be onboard

Hah, I see what you mean now. That sure is a familiar avatar.

If he starts a Simpsons avatar trend then we know we have a copycat on our hands.

This one has been bugging me for ages -

What the hell is a 'campaigner'?

Through my readings of posts on BF I have narrowed it down to a few possible meanings.

1. Noun used to describe any footy personality who isn't well liked
2. A coach or player with a penchant for money and/or success over club loyalty
3. A Substitute for a swear word.

This one has been bugging me for ages -

What the hell is a 'campaigner'?

Through my readings of posts on BF I have narrowed it down to a few possible meanings.

1. Noun used to describe any footy personality who isn't well liked
2. A coach or player with a penchant for money and/or success over club loyalty
3. A Substitute for a swear word.
'C#nt' is auto-corrected to campaigner.

Wow that explains so much from my reading of the pies and dons boards. Funnily enough I almost never see it here....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Because this board is only for patricians and gentlemen.

pipe_smoker.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back