The numpty questions thread

Remove this Banner Ad

How do clubs know what other clubs are offering their players when negotiating a new contract (e.g. the Aish to the crows situation)? Or is it simply they don't and just rely on their contract ranking system. Then if the other clubs offer is bigger the manager will notify the club to up their offer. If that's the system, it seems to have a few loose ends if you ask me.

Does anyone know how long before the Richmond Carlton game I have to get to the ground if I want to get seats behind the goals level 1?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which end do the lions members sit? Want to get tickets for the game at the Gabba vs Richmond

This probably isn't the place to ask but anyone know how a non-pay tv chump like myself can watch Open Mike tonight? Can't miss this!

Any friends/family with Foxtel? You could use their login details to watch via Foxtel Go. That's what I do because pay t.v is cheaper if your parents are paying for it.

Yes it does?
Are you sure? A mate was watching the Nab on his iPad via foxtel go a coupla weeks ago.
I have Foxtel Go and there is no footy channel. You might be thinking of Foxtel play which is different.

Edit: footy channel not available on PC or MAC but can be streamed to tablets. Looks similar to the T-box footy channel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It does or at least it did last year. It might not have had all the NAB games as they weren't all televised.
Nah there is no channel available to Mac or PC. You can stream the 'Footy Play' channel to a tablet or possibly through a console using the app but you cannot watch the Fox Footy channel through a computer unfortunately.

Nah there is no channel available to Mac or PC. You can stream the 'Footy Play' channel to a tablet or possibly through a console using the app but you cannot watch the Fox Footy channel through a computer unfortunately.

Yep, I think you're right there. You can watch it on iOS devices but not PC/Mac or PS3 from what I can see. PS3 I can understand because they don't want to compromise the t.v rights. Not really sure what the deal is with PC/Mac though.

Yep, I think you're right there. You can watch it on iOS devices but not PC/Mac or PS3 from what I can see. PS3 I can understand because they don't want to compromise the t.v rights. Not really sure what the deal is with PC/Mac though.
It's something to do with Telstra owning the online broadcasting rights.

Got a question here for anyone who may have followed Fitzroy in the 70s. I'm following up who has played the most games starting with a round 1 debut. According to Wikipedia John Murphy debuted in round 1, 1967 and had a streak of 158 games from debut but according to afltables he missed a game in 1970 and played 85 from debut. Who is right? I'm checking this because Ollie Wines is currently on an unbroken streak from his round 1 debut in 2013 and playing his 50th.

Got a question here for anyone who may have followed Fitzroy in the 70s. I'm following up who has played the most games starting with a round 1 debut. According to Wikipedia John Murphy debuted in round 1, 1967 and had a streak of 158 games from debut but according to afltables he missed a game in 1970 and played 85 from debut. Who is right? I'm checking this because Ollie Wines is currently on an unbroken streak from his round 1 debut in 2013 and playing his 50th.
Can't be certain, but I would say it may well have been that he was playing for Victoria. Back in the day, state games were counted as club games if they were played on the same day.

Can't be certain, but I would say it may well have been that he was playing for Victoria. Back in the day, state games were counted as club games if they were played on the same day.
Thanks. mate. Checked that and there was a story on afl.com.au about the joint Murphy(John and Marc) total of 250 games happening when Marc thought it was only 246 and backing up what you said. So it looks like Ollie Wines will have a further 109 games(after Freo on Sunday) to break John's record.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back