The numpty questions thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We used to be able to watch the Smart Reply x days after the match just by going to the AFL site - it looks like it is only available to live pass subscribers now? Am I reading it incorrectly or is there a way to watch the game after the fact without making generous donations to our friendly neighbourhood overlords?

We used to be able to watch the Smart Reply x days after the match just by going to the AFL site - it looks like it is only available to live pass subscribers now? Am I reading it incorrectly or is there a way to watch the game after the fact without making generous donations to our friendly neighbourhood overlords?
Nah, it's a pain in the ass.
Instead of clicking "Watch Replay" under the game, go to "Videos" on the top menu, wait for drop down menu and go to replay;
replay.JPG

I use internet explorer to go to Yahoo and type Google into it then open Google and search AFL smart replay. Works an absolute treat.
Do you type yahoo into the Explorer window and get Bing, then have to go 5 entries down to get the yahoo link

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha i had this exact dilemma yesterday. Having missed the first half and start of 3 quarter on Sunday I sat down to watch the replay on the AFL site.. I clicked the replay link and was asked to register and pay subscription, geez this has changed i thought. Ended up googling smart replay. Obviously they hide the smart replay to try and get more fans to sign up for AFL Live.

If a player takes possession of the ball and a teammate takes the ball out of his hands, why isn't that called as incorrect disposal? After all it's neither a handball or a kick.

If a player takes possession of the ball and a teammate takes the ball out of his hands, why isn't that called as incorrect disposal? After all it's neither a handball or a kick.

I thought there already was a rule against that.

I believe it is not a disposal either.
"Cannot hand or throw the ball".
I guess it would depend on the action of both the ball carrier and the player taking possession.

I believe it is not a disposal either.
"Cannot hand or throw the ball".
I guess it would depend on the action of both the ball carrier and the player taking possession.
It should be called as a throw, one happened yesterday in the Hawks Freo match and was rightly called a free kick.

It should be called as a throw, one happened yesterday in the Hawks Freo match and was rightly called a free kick.
It's one of those that comes down to interpretation I think. I haven't found reference to it in the rules of the game. As I said, I think it would come down to the actions of both players. If the ball is release, then it could be deemed incorrect disposal, but if the ball is either snatched or knocked out, then maybe not as it wasn't disposed of.
If snatched or knocked out, then prior opportunity would also be a consideration.
I'd be interested if someone can find a reference to it specifically in the rules, or hear from someone involved in umpiring.

I am pretty sure it is technically meant to be a free kick for incorrect disposal. I remember hearing that many years ago while watching a game.

However, it is almost never paid in practice for some strange reason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back