The numpty questions thread

Remove this Banner Ad

got a call today from someone saying they were from the lions. They asked if i would put in $100 and it would go torwards a raffle ticket and some lions gear. Thought it was kinda weird. this is the number that rang me 0399040800
Buy ten tickets for me. I'm good for the cash.

FWIW, I'd contact the police. It is fraud.

got a call today from someone saying they were from the lions. They asked if i would put in $100 and it would go torwards a raffle ticket and some lions gear. Thought it was kinda weird. this is the number that rang me 0399040800

I did too. I don't think it's a scam - it's just the AFL trying to raise cash.

I read this thread last night, but it has only just dawned on me that I got a call months ago, asking me to pay $100 for a raffle ticket. It was a friendly young female voice....but I did say no.

Never thought any more of it until now. Is the club having running raffles?....because this happened a good 5-6months ago.

After reading this thread, I'm a bit wary that it might be a scam. Perhaps a call to the club might help put us in the picture.

If we had've said yes, they would've wanted our credit card details wouldn't they. Seems a bit iffy to me the more I think about it.

p.s .....the reverseaustralia site that Skoob linked above is a very good reference for unknown numbers. We use it all the time.

Last edited:
I was watching the Winners Rebooted on Foxtel and they were showing an episode from 1982. I noticed (for the first time) that there weren't any 50 metre arcs in those days and wondered when they were introduced. Anyway, googled it and it seems to have been in 1986. Anyone know why they were introduced? Was it just a TV-related thing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was watching the Winners Rebooted on Foxtel and they were showing an episode from 1982. I noticed (for the first time) that there weren't any 50 metre arcs in those days and wondered when they were introduced. Anyway, googled it and it seems to have been in 1986. Anyone know why they were introduced? Was it just a TV-related thing?
I don't know why they were brought in but any game without them just feels bizarre. I guess it may have been brought in for tv so that people watching could get some bearings on where the ball is because without the 50 metre lines it sometimes feels like it's being played in an endless paddock

I have noted that the match replays that used to be on the AFL website seem to have gotten tied into the horribly expensive AFL Livepass. Is there anywhere else we can get free replays? I would love to watch yesterday's game again.

I haven't been able to find that on the site.
Go to the Video tab/menu
smr.JPG

This as opposed to clicking on replays elsewhere, will get you to the Smart Replay function.
All others take you to the proper replay which is no longer free.

Annoyingly, I just checked my TV which has a Bigpond TV app, only to find the replay of our game just finished.

OK so right field question that I have been curious about for a while, semi-footy related but not really.... Possibly wrong thread, apologies if so.

I just watched the video with Justin Clarke (again think it was up a couple of months ago too) and he talks about a 99.95 score. What exactly doesn't that mean? I graduated in the days of TE scores in QLD and have no idea what exactly the 99.95 means and am genuinely curious. Obviously it means he is seriously over the top smart, but it some sort of percentage? My thoughts it means he is in the top 0.05% of students for the year in SA or possibly AUS, but that's a wild guess.

OK so right field question that I have been curious about for a while, semi-footy related but not really.... Possibly wrong thread, apologies if so.

I just watched the video with Justin Clarke (again think it was up a couple of months ago too) and he talks about a 99.95 score. What exactly doesn't that mean? I graduated in the days of TE scores in QLD and have no idea what exactly the 99.95 means and am genuinely curious. Obviously it means he is seriously over the top smart, but it some sort of percentage? My thoughts it means he is in the top 0.05% of students for the year in SA or possibly AUS, but that's a wild guess.

99.95 is the maximum score attainable in the ATAR system, which is used in every state except Queensland (and Queensland's moving to it too). There's no percentage for who receives what in ATAR, unlike the old Queensland systems, so there's no way to say he's on the top whatever unless you know the stats for his year, but as a point of comparison in NSW in 2013 there were 48 99.95 scores out of 54,642 students, or the top 0.087% of students.

Means he's really fricking smart.

99.95 is the maximum score attainable in the ATAR system, which is used in every state except Queensland (and Queensland's moving to it too). There's no percentage for who receives what in ATAR, unlike the old Queensland systems, so there's no way to say he's on the top whatever unless you know the stats for his year, but as a point of comparison in NSW in 2013 there were 48 99.95 scores out of 54,642 students, or the top 0.087% of students.
Wow dlanod I knew you were a bit of a nerd but sheesh...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back