The Off Season Couch Potato Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Ive loved the first 2 ep of TWD. What did everyone think of episode 2? Poor Bob! How were those food bank zombies in the water!!!!!

I think Episode 3 beat it. As an early reader of the comics I was just waiting for the tainted meat line. Nailed perfectly.

Bloody awesome night for television though, Monday. Final Boardwalk Empire into TWD... class.

Great to see that some of you are enjoying my reco 'The Fall'. Only 3 episodes to go too, so you don't have to waste half your life watching the series. It's great all the way to the end, even though some felt the very ending was a bit of a cop out. I liked it myself, as... there was always slated to be a 2nd season.

Another SBS reco for those who missed it 1st time around: They are replaying FARGO tonight (Wednesday) at 9:30. It could quite possibly be my series of 2014 thus far (although I am partial to 'Banshee' myself). Billy Bob is all kinds of awesome in 'Fargo'.

Great to see that some of you are enjoying my reco 'The Fall'. Only 3 episodes to go too, so you don't have to waste half your life watching the series. It's great all the way to the end, even though some felt the very ending was a bit of a cop out. I liked it myself, as... there was always slated to be a 2nd season.

Another SBS reco for those who missed it 1st time around: They are replaying FARGO tonight (Wednesday) at 9:30. It could quite possibly be my series of 2014 thus far (although I am partial to 'Banshee' myself). Billy Bob is all kinds of awesome in 'Fargo'.

I cop a lot of grief for placing Fargo above True Detective.

Trashy reality TV fans - I have just watched three seasons of Ink Master in a couple of weeks. It's a show about tattooing hosted by Dave Navarro from Jane's Addiction and some of the tattoos are actually making me want to get one. Good way to kill time!

Trashy reality TV fans - I have just watched three seasons of Ink Master in a couple of weeks. It's a show about tattooing hosted by Dave Navarro from Jane's Addiction and some of the tattoos are actually making me want to get one. Good way to kill time!

Nobody in the world can possibly take this seriously.

Maybe Dave Navarro.

Is he all puffy now? I always thought he'd get really puffy.

Nobody in the world can possibly take this seriously.

Maybe Dave Navarro.

Is he all puffy now? I always thought he'd get really puffy.

No, but he looks like he spends more time straightening his hair than I do. So from the neck down he's giving 'ageing rocker' but the hair screams 'primary school mum out on the town and splashing out on a professional blow dry'.
It's not a show to be taken seriously. I'm usually half watching and half chatting.

No, but he looks like he spends more time straightening his hair than I do. So from the neck down he's giving 'ageing rocker' but the hair screams 'primary school mum out on the town and splashing out on a professional blow dry'.
It's not a show to be taken seriously. I'm usually half watching and half chatting.

You need to be watching shows worthy of no chatter. I mean, I'm doing Sons of Anarchy at the moment and nobody worth a dime is interrupting that.

I happened by the TV when that show was on and you've described him (and the show) perfectly. The only addition I could suggest was that a fair amount of Hollywood style cosmetic surgery work has been done above his neck.

So I'm 33 or 34 or something (not 35 I know) and I have to say Marvel's announcements yesterday ensured a fair chunk of my off season couching will be spent rewatching the Avengers first wave.

Also, this GIF combines two of my favourite things, superhero movies and pro wrestling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I'm 33 or 34 or something (not 35 I know) and I have to say Marvel's announcements yesterday ensured a fair chunk of my off season couching will be spent rewatching the Avengers first wave.

Also, this GIF combines two of my favourite things, superhero movies and pro wrestling.

Just go with early thirties. My birthday was two weeks ago and I can't remember what age I turned.

If we're on movies I'm getting excited for Nightcrawler with Jake Gyllenhaal.

Just go with early thirties. My birthday was two weeks ago and I can't remember what age I turned.

If we're on movies I'm getting excited for Nightcrawler with Jake Gyllenhaal.

As am I.

My most anticipated movie though is 'Birdman (or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance) which just looks like a mindf*** of Black Swan proportions and with Ed Norton and Michael Keaton in it it's a non negotiable cinema visit.

Also, Interstellar. And for shits and giggles, Dumb and Dumber To and Big Hero 6.

As am I.

My most anticipated movie though is 'Birdman (or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance) which just looks like a mindf*** of Black Swan proportions and with Ed Norton and Michael Keaton in it it's a non negotiable cinema visit.

Also, Interstellar. And for shits and giggles, Dumb and Dumber To and Big Hero 6.

Can't wait for Interstellar, even as angry as I am with Christopher Nolan for switching up his regular casting choices and replacing two 10s (Cillian Murphy and Christian Bale) with a 5 (Matthew McConaughey).

I cop a lot of grief for placing Fargo above True Detective.

Me too. Well, from those who watched both anyway.

IMO, there's no doubt that True Detective will be the more influential, and I also think that at it's very best, it was almost as good as any show I've seen full stop. However, it also had its flat spots & I was not a fan of the ending.

Conversely, Fargo was super consistent and just kept pulling out surprises one way or another.

Saw John Wick today. Best Keanu Reeves movie in a long while. Pretty entertaining action movie and the dude in my icon is a great bad guy/occasional comic relief.
The fact that Dean Winters and Keanu Reeves, in their late 40s and early 50s, are that hot still should be illegal.

Saw John Wick today. Best Keanu Reeves movie in a long while. Pretty entertaining action movie and the dude in my icon is a great bad guy/occasional comic relief.
The fact that Dean Winters and Keanu Reeves, in their late 40s and early 50s, are that hot still should be illegal.

I have heard it is very good and have rushed it to the top of my TPB perfect copy wait list.

Keanu needs a resurgence. Considering his next movie is rumoured to be Bill and Ted 3 I expect history to start to repeat.

I think Episode 3 beat it. As an early reader of the comics I was just waiting for the tainted meat line. Nailed perfectly.

Bloody awesome night for television though, Monday. Final Boardwalk Empire into TWD... class.

TFW, what did you think of ep 4? Good to get a new set of characters, a new villain for rick and the survivors to go after. Cant wait for next week.

TFW, what did you think of ep 4? Good to get a new set of characters, a new villain for rick and the survivors to go after. Cant wait for next week.

I'll let you know once I've settled in to watch it mate ;)

Yes, I did like it. Just have a sneaky feeling there is ten episodes worth of story in this which may put some brakes on how solid the first handful have been.

Also, was that the kid from 'Everybody Hates Chris'?

Edit: Wait. I have the internet. Yes it was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back