The Off Season Couch Potato Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree with those who enjoy House of Cards. Spacey is a great actor. Love the ring tap he does too. Big fan of the way he speaks to the camera on the odd occasion

Ah s**t.

I forgot to finish series 2.

Ah s**t.

I forgot to finish series 2.
Blasphemy.

Must say I'm getting very sick of these mid season breaks and extended absences. 3 more Eps of walking dead before a couple of month break. As for Banshee...one season a year. What the hell else are they doing??? I don't download s**t for free so they can have lives!

Last edited:

Brett33 Re Homeland . You mentioned above that you were watching it. What age group is that suitable for ? Is it an American FBI sort of thing ? I have seen mention of it. Also the Black List, but can't find any one in Australia that has seen it

Last night's Sons of Anarchy.

Holy s*** you guys.

I won't say more because I've already nearly given away spoilers last night to someone who's not up to date. He's lucky he's cute otherwise I'd just let the cat out of the bag out of desperation to talk about it with somebody.

Brett33 Re Homeland . You mentioned above that you were watching it. What age group is that suitable for ? Is it an American FBI sort of thing ? I have seen mention of it. Also the Black List, but can't find any one in Australia that has seen it

I watch 'The Blacklist'. It's good, but quite commercial & cliched in its procedural structure. Basically, it all rests on the shoulders of James Spader who is having a whole bunch of fun playing the charcter he does.

I have seen the 1st 3 seasons of 'Homeland' (currently recording the 4th to binge later). It's mainly related around terrorism & the CIA, so I wouldn't be allowing anyone under say 16 watch it. The first 1.5 seasons were as good as tv gets. The next 1.5 seasons were a lesson in how to bleed something dry to a show's detriment.

Managed to watch 4 seasons of Suits, season 1 of Legends (Ned Stark didn't die!!!!!), 2 seasons of The Following...

I love me a 'Suits' binge watch as well. Time just flies & we all get litt the hell up!

How was the 2nd season of 'The Following' compared to the 1st? It would be nice of channel 9 to show it one day! I mean, the commercial networks have 3 channels now & they still can't find time to put a show like that on somewhere in between 8 million repeat episodes of the freakin 'Big Bang Theory' per week. Grrrr.

It's a CIA show (terrorists etc). I'd say 17+ age group.
It is a really good show. Slow start to it but it really picks up. The mrs and I really enjoy it.

Blacklist is more of your commercial/wider audience sort of thing (person of interest etc). Not a fan

Last night's Sons of Anarchy.

Holy s*** you guys.

I won't say more because I've already nearly given away spoilers last night to someone who's not up to date. He's lucky he's cute otherwise I'd just let the cat out of the bag out of desperation to talk about it with somebody.

I'm also in the minority that don't want to hear spoilers. I'm still tracking through season 6 so I reckon I'll be watching season 7 episode 11 live...

I love me a 'Suits' binge watch as well. Time just flies & we all get litt the hell up!

How was the 2nd season of 'The Following' compared to the 1st? It would be nice of channel 9 to show it one day! I mean, the commercial networks have 3 channels now & they still can't find time to put a show like that on somewhere in between 8 million repeat episodes of the freakin 'Big Bang Theory' per week. Grrrr.
haha love litt. He's a w***er but you can't help but like his character. I love the opening song too. I've set it as my alarm tone so I can start the day singing it.

I wasn't the biggest fan of the following season 1 (unrealistic escapes etc) but season 2 was good. Branched out, new characters etc. Definitely worth a watch.

I disagree with your view on homeland. I think it's improved and opened itself up to be more diverse. You won't be disappointed with season 4. Enjoy Quinn's character

I'm also in the minority that don't want to hear spoilers. I'm still tracking through season 6 so I reckon I'll be watching season 7 episode 11 live...
Hurry up. I have things to discuss.

haha love litt. He's a ****** but you can't help but like his character. I love the opening song too. I've set it as my alarm tone so I can start the day singing it.

I disagree with your view on homeland. I think it's improved and opened itself up to be more diverse. You won't be disappointed with season 4. Enjoy Quinn's character

"The Greenback Boogie"; It's strangely catchy.

You are very much in the minority then re: Homeland. As soon as all that attention got placed on Brody's daughter about halfway through season 2, the show went downhill. In general, Americans don't do family psychology well. And it's fair to state that Brody used up all of his 9 lives & then some throughout seasons 2 & 3.

You are very much in the minority then re: Homeland. As soon as all that attention got placed on Brody's daughter about halfway through season 2, the show went downhill. In general, Americans don't do family psychology well. And it's fair to state that Brody used up all of his 9 lives & then some throughout seasons 2 & 3.
Yeah the daughter incident was a touch annoying and definitely was a lull in the show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No probs Ocha. But definitely get on 'The Fall'. I reco'd 2 of my work colleagues (who never watch ABC or SBS type shows) to watch it & they both loved it. Plus, season 2 begins on Foxtel (BBCFirst) this Friday! So I guess you can wait until the end of the year & then watch both seasons (presumably a total of 10 episodes) all at once.

Along similar lines, I'm currently enjoying 'Happy Valley' (ABC1 on Friday nights).
Yeah I'm almost at the point of cop show saturation- there's so many! So probably will tuck Happy Valley away for mid term future whilst I get onto The Fall but thanks for the recommendation :)

Seriously though cop shows are over represented (in terms of actual impact on humanity) in film and tv and I wonder why... Do people just like to fantasise about catching scum? Is it just more exciting than most aspects of humanity? I can't put my finger on it.

First season of homeland- pantheon of TV. Seasons 2 and 3: Swung from meh to a ridiculous parody that plain sucked. I feel sad though because it's themes and settings makes Homeland probably the most relevant show (in terms of world issues) at this current time.

Yeah I'm almost at the point of cop show saturation- there's so many! So probably will tuck Happy Valley away for mid term future whilst I get onto The Fall but thanks for the recommendation :)

Seriously though cop shows are over represented (in terms of actual impact on humanity) in film and tv and I wonder why... Do people just like to fantasise about catching scum? Is it just more exciting than most aspects of humanity? I can't put my finger on it.

Interesting point... & I've never really thought about it tbh. On the spur of the moment, I'd say that people are interested in detective work & how criminals are caught.

Interesting point... & I've never really thought about it tbh. On the spur of the moment, I'd say that people are interested in detective work & how criminals are caught.
I love detective/ cop shows. And NCIS/ NCIS LA , The Mentalist type series. Love seeing if I can get the result first .lol But really like to watch all the small expressions etc in facial and body language that give signs . I am good at that. Doesn't mean I always " get the crim " though

So, Interstellar...

Outstanding.

TFW

what did u think of the latest ep of TWD?

Last weeks, liked, not loved. I think this season has been aces though.

This week, my f***ing internet is down.

S3 of Banshee, begins on Jan 9, preview looks good, the Big indian is back too

Hell YES... My favourite show going around full stop. It's the biggest clusterf*ck going around... & that's very much a compliment. The show has it all. You just have to check your head at the door.

Game of Thrones and Vikings binge watching is the way to go with you violent stuff. Arrested development, the old simpsons, rick and morty, family guy and Blackadder are also great for binge watchers of solid comedies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back