The Off-Season Thread (Luke Ridnour destination watch)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drumroe

Premiership Player
May 9, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Realised there's no thread yet for those of us who's teams season is already over.

Post anything here, from Embiid missing sessions to who your team should sign/draft.

I'll start with Detroit.

I don't think Monroe will re-sign with us and see him signing with the Lakers or Knicks. Possibly the Pels if some sort of sign and trade is worked out.

Jackson will stay and I just hope some other team doesn't throw crazy money at him forcing him to match.

Not sure who else we will sign, we will need to replace Monroe and also sign a 3. We will make an offer at Draymond Green but GSW will likely match. Other options are Middleton, Tobias Harris, Gerald Green, Demarre Carroll and Brandon Bass.

Interested to see what Middleton and Carroll get paid this off season

But yeah, I'll check back in here properly in three games time

Interested to see what Middleton and Carroll get paid this off season

But yeah, I'll check back in here properly in three games time

Middleton will get a big deal, but the Bucks will match. I think somewhere between 4/40-4/50.

Carroll maybe a bit less, something like 3/25

Budenholzer named COTY

Personally would have had Kerr slightly ahead, but neither undeserving of the title

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems those two young fellas could use some Guidance.

Yeah, it's a bit of a slap in the face for Phoenix.

They go to the trouble of getting them back together on the same roster and paying them handsomely, and they respond by getting about a zillion techs, screaming at their coach, calling out their own fanbase and allegedly gang-bashing some dude. Bravo guys.

Yeah, it's a bit of a slap in the face for Phoenix.

They go to the trouble of getting them back together on the same roster and paying them handsomely, and they respond by getting about a zillion techs, screaming at their coach, calling out their own fanbase and allegedly gang-bashing some dude. Bravo guys.

i misread that the first time :confused:

I like Jason Thompson, but if he's starting at PF again next season I'll be furious.
I want us to get a stretch 4 or a shot blocker next to Boogie, let JT be a garbageman center off the bench.

I want us to keep Derrick Williams, post all star break he was great and he's not bad when isolated so as a bench scorer we could do a lot worse.
Cassipi also finished strongly but he's haphazard and that's our teams biggest flaw, hopefully that's a maturity thing and he can develop under Karl though because he's another handy bench option when he's zoned in.
Keep Ray McCallum that kid understands set plays wonderfully and is a very capable combo gaurd.
Stauskas I'm 50-50 on, he's smart and crafty but his shooting was a big dissapointment; if he's kept on then I expect him to improve like McLemore did this season after his poor rookie year.

The rest of the bench I see as disposable and hopefully we can get some better pieces to plug holes. A wing defender or three would be nice.

Our starting lineup is actually quite good and having Collison, Gay and Cousins out there consistently (touch wood) goes a long long way, they all struggled with a variety of injuries this year but should be good to go from the start.

And of course there is the fact we finally get a full preseason under Karl which will go a long long way to ironing out the fundamental issues which crippled us game in game out as soon as Malone was fired.
That alone makes me very excited for next season.

I'd love to see us go after and land a Draymond Green, Terrence Jones or even (law allowing) the Morri twins. First and foremost we need to shore up the PF position.

Watching the playoffs makes me realise how much a good system can make or break a team, I'm confident Karl can get our guys to flourish under his system.

First and foremost we need to shore up the PF position.
Not sure if you've heard of them, but there are two pretty amazing kids down at the Timberwolves named Anthony Bennett and Adreian Payne. We really don't want to lose them but we just have too many capable power forwards on our roster, like, um...

Moving on. Your first rounder should get it done. It's the deal of a lifetime! Payne can offer you all the dumb shots and reckless energy you could ever ask for; while Bennett offers just a little bit less than an inanimate carbon rod - but only a little bit less!

Please take them I beg of you

Random tidbit - Among players to play at least 1,000 minutes and who qualified for the minutes per game leaderboard (played at least 70% of team games/58 games), Dante Exum was statistically the worst player in the NBA this season, and among the worst of the three point era (1979-80 to present).

I know Exum is very young and likely still has a lot of growth and improvement left in him, but he really does need to grow and improve a lot as a player, too! The last player to be drafted top 5 and do so poorly early on was Nikoloz Tskitishvili, a similarly hyped teenaged foreigner who never lived up to his potential and ultimately didn't last very long in the league.

Last edited:
Random tidbit - Among players to play at least 1,000 minutes and who qualified for the minutes per game leaderboard (played at least 70% of team games/58 games), Dante Exum was statistically the worst player in the NBA this season, and among the worst of the three point era (1979-80 to present).

I know Exum is very young and likely still has a lot of growth and improvement left in him, but he really does need to grow and improve a lot as a player, too! The last player to be drafted top 5 and do so poorly early on was Nikoloz Tskitishvili, a similarly hyped teenaged foreigner who never lived up to his potential and ultimately didn't last very long in the league.

He was horrible and not only finished last, but finished last by a lot. I can understand people going straight to the NBA, but he would have benefited greatly from 2 years in college. I am glad Utah let him play minutes even though he was pretty horrible so hopefully he can grow.

That list is interesting. 3 Aussies in the Top 20 isn't very impressive. Kirk @ 2 and Perkins @ 3 for lols.

Not sure who else we will sign, we will need to replace Monroe and also sign a 3. We will make an offer at Draymond Green but GSW will likely match. Other options are Middleton, Tobias Harris, Gerald Green, Demarre Carroll and Brandon Bass.

Really think if those are the options, that the Pistons should sign Middleton (never should have let him go in the first place, really), and maybe look at Frank Kaminsky in the draft, OR sign Draymond Green, and then go with Stanley Johnson in the draft. Really set up the starting five for the future, and bloody stick with it!

Seems those two young fellas could use some Guidance.

You rang?

I do like that the victim was the mentor to the twins. Clearly did a "bang up" job there.

Suns are a mess, but hey Earl Barron was D League 1st team.

Scotty Brooks. I expected him to get fired but he has a .620 winning percentage.

Imagine the Brow doesn't make that double pump buzzer beater. We're probably talking about Monty Williams getting fired instead. Tough gig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back