The Off-Season Thread (Luke Ridnour destination watch)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4-year $52mil extension for MKG.

The Hornets have agreed to a four-year, $52 million contract extension with small forward Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, according to Yahoo Sports.

The team is expected to announce the deal this week.

Kidd-Gilchrist, drafted second overall in the 2012 NBA Draft, has turned into a solid perimeter defender and improving offensive threat for the Hornets. He averaged 10.9 points and 7.6 rebounds in 55 games last season.

The 21-year-old was set to become a restricted free agent after the 2015-16 season.

That's my boy.
babylawd.png

I hate these deals so much!!! Why are they giving out this kind of money to players who are average and haven't done anything in the NBA at all.

New TV deal etc. Everybody getting paid.

I hate these deals so much!!! Why are they giving out this kind of money to players who are average and haven't done anything in the NBA at all.

Its all about risk-reward and the potential market price in a year or two with the increased cap.
$13m now for MKG is too much, but in the new cap it will look like 7 or 8 - which would be fair IMO. The risk that they dont extend him now and then another clubs throws him something higher in the new deal.

Not sure i agree with it, but its not like the Hornets will have free agents knocking down their door to play there... Can understand going for some stability.

Honestly I think it's a pretty good deal even without the cap going up. Dude's probably the best perimeter/transition defender in the league and his offense is improving, and he's still only 21. Unsure why he re-signed now, could have got a bunch more with the new cap. Easily the best move in an otherwise highly questionable offseason for CHA.

Honestly I think it's a pretty good deal even without the cap going up. Dude's probably the best perimeter/transition defender in the league and his offense is improving, and he's still only 21. Unsure why he re-signed now, could have got a bunch more with the new cap. Easily the best move in an otherwise highly questionable offseason for CHA.

shhh.gif

Given we are in the midst of our winter of hoops discontent, I might take the opportunity to hijack this thread for a moment.

I'm thinking of putting together a team-by-team season preview over the coming weeks in anticipation of the season opening in late October. However while a season preview from the perspective of a single author would be shallow, I'm also guessing there's probably not a lot of scope for a great tome on behalf of the entire board. I'm realistic in that these things do take time to put together.

By way of compromise, I'd like to seek volunteers to give their thoughts (it doesn't have to be much, a few sentences is plenty) on a few teams from around the league. Prospective volunteers certainly aren't expected to give analysis on all 30 teams (although you're more than welcome to), but if you'd be down to share your wisdom on say, five different NBA teams, then hit me with a PM indicating which teams you'd be interested in critiquing.

All contributors would be free to frame their 'mini-previews' as they see fit - if you want to be scientific and give grades for trades/signings or predict win totals, go for it. On the other hand if you just want to compose a few random thoughts, that's also perfectly fine. If I can get three or four divergent thoughts on the off-season moves/2016 prospects of, for example, the Atlanta Hawks, then I'll just quote them verbatim within the framework of a generic preview which I'll put together. If there's a divergence of opinions, then so much the better.

In no particular order - stewie griffen peternorth fidstar hans moleman djrossie Drumroe J Shuttlesworth Oliver King Hipster Doofus Look2Me4Guidance nbaman1 nufan Warsaw smashh - any takers? I've forgotten plenty of other regulars on this board, so if you feel that you'd like to contribute by all means do - the more the merrier.

I don't want to clutter this thread, so if you're interested just shoot me a PM with the names of the teams that interest you, and if there are enough takers we'll kick this thing into action soon.

Ta!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back