The Off-Season Thread (Luke Ridnour destination watch)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 2, 2011
Hell
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Indiana Pacers, Celta Vigo, LA Rams
Well when you consider the cap is about to jump by about 20 mil next season this money isn't that crazy. Some of these deals will become bargains in the future.

Which is why you're seeing and will continue to see all this money being thrown around for some questionable players (Aminu for example today) this free agency.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...luxury-tax-threshold-dollar-amounts/25974437/

I know the tax goes up. I still wouldn't be saying some of these deals will be bargains.

Sep 20, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
I know the tax goes up. I still wouldn't be saying some of these deals will be bargains.

Let's say Dragic continues to play at the same level (at a minimum) as he is now for the duration of his 5 year $90mil deal with the Heat.
(rough breakdown with a backended contract)

15/16 - $15 mil (Cap is $67 mil) 22.39% of the cap
16/17 - $16 mil (Cap is $89 mil) 16.85% of the cap
17/18 - $18 mil (Cap is $108 mil) 16.67% of the cap
18/19 - $20 mil (Cap is $108 mil) 18.52% of the cap
19/20 - $21 mil (Cap is $108 mil) 19.44% of the cap

That is huge in terms of value. So while it may seem like overpaying now, with the increased cap and luxury tax the long term deals being signed now are going to be great for the teams.

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
Let's say Dragic continues to play at the same level (at a minimum) as he is now for the duration of his 5 year $90mil deal with the Heat.

That is huge in terms of value. So while it may seem like overpaying now, with the increased cap and luxury tax the long term deals being signed now are going to be great for the teams.

Yep, that's roughly equivalent to a 5/55 deal at the old cap rate, which sounds about right.

Lillard reportedly signed an extension with the Blazers, no big shock there.

Feb 2, 2011
Hell
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Indiana Pacers, Celta Vigo, LA Rams

I'm not talking about Dragic.

I mean Brook Lopez is looking at getting 3/60, Thad Young 4/50, I don't really agree with Milsap getting 4/80 either tbh.

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
I'm not talking about Dragic.

I mean Brook Lopez is looking at getting 3/60, Thad Young 4/50, I don't really agree with Milsap getting 4/80 either tbh.

Brooklyn don't have a choice with the former duo - they can't rebuild as all their draft picks belong to Boston.

And again, think about the projection of the deals as if you were converting currency.

The cap's going to increase by a minimum of 50% in the next couple of years. So $20 mil per year for Lopez or Millsap will be more like 12-13 at 2015 rates.

Considering Lopez was already earning $15 mil per season on his last deal and Millsap was a steal at $10 mil, it's really not that shocking.

It's all happening. Danny Green re-signs with the Spurs while Splitter looks to be off to the Hawks. Carroll looking to be a Raptor. Looks like Aldridge will be a Spur - wonder what this means in terms of having the cash to bring Mills back?

DeMarre Carroll just signed a 60m/4 year deal. To play basketball. That is 15m per year.

I am without speech.

How is he the highest paid player for a team? He's a nice player in the right situation but he isn't a star

Sep 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
It's all happening. Danny Green re-signs with the Spurs while Splitter looks to be off to the Hawks. Carroll looking to be a Raptor. Looks like Aldridge will be a Spur - wonder what this means in terms of having the cash to bring Mills back?

It does appear that Splitter is gone. Decent get by the Hawks as it allows Horford to play PF now.
This also surely means Millsap is off to the Magic.

Can't imagine the Spurs would ship Splitter off if they were not very confident of getting LMA.

Also :hearts: Danny

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Jimmy Buckets relented on the 5/90 with the Bulls.

Love apparently staying in Cleveland

Middleton definitely getting 5/70.

Ajinca getting 4/20 to re-up with the Pels Look2Me4Guidance

Raptors apparently pursuing We$ Matthews to pair with Lowry, DeRozan & the $60 million man - shows the value of having stars locked in at bargain rates if nothing else.

Not looking too crash hot for the Lakers at present

Gasol

Aldridge

Love

Butler

Dragic

Boogie?

Jordan? Monroe? Rondo?

Good lord.

The Cavs just re-signed Love and Tristan Thompson at a combined cost of $190 million...

No surprise, we will be waaaaay over the cap. Owner said he would pay any amount to win title for our city. 51 years (and counting) without winning one single title in any of the major sports needs to end.

Look for Brendon Hayward and his contract to be traded for a replacement for JR Smith next.

Works for me, go get'em boys---

I'm going back to Cleveland.

After Game 1 of the NBA Finals, that's when it really struck me. Sitting on the sidelines, I never wanted to play in a game more than that one. I had dreamed of playing in the NBA Finals and I just wanted to help my guys win. I couldn't have been prouder of them as they poured their blood, sweat and tears onto the court.

Yeah, of course I've heard the free agency rumors. But at the end of the day, and after meeting with my teammates (it turns out pools are great meeting places) and with the front office, it was clear Cleveland was the place for me. We're all on the same page and we're all in. We have unfinished business and now it's time to get back to work.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...cides-to-re-sign-with-the-cleveland-cavaliers

Atlanta_Cats

All Australian
Dec 21, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Atlanta hawks, New Orleans saints
So demarre gone and millsap offered the max by Orlando...
Just the sort of news I love to hear when I wake up
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435788179.220496.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435788196.940477.jpg

Atlanta_Cats

All Australian
Dec 21, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Atlanta hawks, New Orleans saints
Paul millsap signs a 3yr/58 million contract with Hawks
Player option for year 3