The Off-Season Thread (Luke Ridnour destination watch)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil Jackson still going on about 3 pointers being no good. He's obviously going senile.
buss_4.jpg

Phil Jackson still going on about 3 pointers being no good. He's obviously going senile.

To be fair to Phil, not saying I agree with him, he still has the result of the finals to possibly be somewhat correct ;)

Last edited:
Yeah... those 4 teams left are not known for their 3 point... oh wait :D

and what if, just what if, the Warriors shoot like s**t in the Finals and lose? Die by the 3 as it is said.

Then what did it get you? ;)

(and no I'm not saying that is what is going to actually happen)

and what if, just what if, the Warriors shoot like s**t in the Finals and lose? Die by the 3 as it is said.

Then what did it get you? ;)

(and no I'm not saying that is what is going to actually happen)

Cavs, the most 3 point shooting team, winning the Championship?

Everyone seems to think the Warriors shoot so many 3s. Cavs have shot the same amount of 3 pointers this season as the Warriors in both the Playoffs and Regular Season. Throw in that the Warriors play at a faster pace and the Cavs shoot more per 100 possessions.

Warriors are a Top 10 points in the paint team this year. Cleveland is 23rd.

Cavs, the most 3 point shooting team, winning the Championship?

Everyone seems to think the Warriors shoot so many 3s. Cavs have shot the same amount of 3 pointers this season as the Warriors in both the Playoffs and Regular Season. Throw in that the Warriors play at a faster pace and the Cavs shoot more per 100 possessions.

Warriors are a Top 10 points in the paint team this year. Cleveland is 23rd.

People seem to forget how often a team shoots 3's when a player is doubled

Ok I don't actually disagree with any of this haha, I see it's hard to question or have fun with anything about the Warriors and Golden Boy at the moment.

Would it be fair to say that people identify the pubey face bros with the 3pt shot more than anyone in the league? Would it be fair to say that if that shot doesn't fall and they lose the finals they're reliance on the 3pt shot to an extent didn't work? The paint production is there cause the shot is working.

In my humble opinion it would be.

Ok I don't actually disagree with any of this haha, I see it's hard to question or have fun with anything about the Warriors and Golden Boy at the moment.

Would it be fair to say that people identify the pubey face bros with the 3pt shot more than anyone in the league? Would it be fair to say that if that shot doesn't fall and they lose the finals they're reliance on the 3pt shot to an extent didn't work? The paint production is there cause the shot is working.

If either team only shoots 20-30% from down town they basically have no chance of winning the series.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just look what Memphis were able to do.

Now ask how did they do it. With a class point guard who was able to fight over screens and work Curry defensively and a defensive wing to take Klay, which the Dubs were able to counter attack by leaving Allen wide open. Now Cleveland have Shumpert to take Klay, which is all well and good, but Curry on either a one legged Kyrie or Delly.... wont get it done I'm afraid. I love Delly, and he tries his guts out, but he's not of the defensive calibre of Conley.
Where it falls down is when its Green/Barnes getting the open looks and not making them. Somehow Cleveland have to force someone other than Curry to beat them... but how... sheeet

If the shots are open they'll fall eventually, thats the reason you saw the drop off in Korvers production, he went from getting open looks to contested 3's in the playoffs and the makes dried up. As soon as he got an open look its almost automatic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back