Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Yeah I can't see Bomber being interested either. If Rocket never coached us before I think he'd be the perfect candidate, there's no reason he shouldn't be considered. Don't like Monty or Ratten, Monty was too close to the players and was apparently a major part of the problem we had. Don't rate Ratten.

I thought he showed in his last couple of years that the modern game had gone past him.

I don't believe the crap Robbo(what a fvcking flogger) and Barrett are spruiking that Monty was part of the problem, they are certainly sticking the boots into the Dogs ATM. Didn't he end up getting an award from the AFL for assistant coach of the year?

Sep 7, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Manchester United
I thought he showed in his last couple of years that the modern game had gone past him.

I don't believe the crap Robbo and Barrett are spruiking that Monty was part of the problem. Didn't he end up getting an award from the AFL for assistant coach of the year?

Before we even consider Rocket you'd have to make sure the game hasn't gone past him, i agree. Yeah Monty did, but what happens behind closed doors is another thing entirely. Not sure he'd have the vindication to lead us right now, seems like one of the boys. Wouldn't be against him in terms of coaching ability though, and he would be able to continue the same team mentality we've been building without needing to overhaul everything. Faults with Macca aside, he was taking us on the right path.

BlueBen

Premiership Player
Jul 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
I hope Ratten gets the Bulldogs' gig. A lot of Carlton supporters will disagree, but I reckon he was harshly dealt by with us and since leaving Carlton, he has supplemented his senior coaching experience with two years working as an assistant to coach for the premiers and learning off Clarkson who many consider to be the best coach around.

Shoei

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Dont remember the clash he had with Modra in one of the derbies?

Not off the top of my head.

I remember him collecting the ball off the boundary line, smoking McIntosh and kicking a goal from an absurd angle though.

I'm back!

On Dodoro, he's fine at his job. We were bent over the barrel with the Ryder trade and he wanted to get what was best for the club. GWS offered pick 4 or 6 and Giles late in the piece, but Ryder demanded only going to Port. So we were ****ed.

Aside from that and maybe the Crameri trade (though he was uncontracted and there was not much we could do), our trading over the last few years has not been as bad as everyone is suggesting. Last year we gave pick 48 for Edwards and Aylett when GWS needed to lessen their list size. 2012, we traded Monfries for a cheap late round pick so Port's free agency compensation wouldn't be impacted. 2011, traded Jenkins to Adelaide for a pick upgrade.

Dodoro was never going to let it go to the tribunal, but Port only offering pick 17 for so long did not help the process at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But welcome back mate! How'd the study go?
Not as great as I would've hoped haha. Project isn't finished, so my thesis is going to be lacking results. But I've hit the point where I'm just excited to be finished more than anything.

Haha as long you pass right? :p

As you say, at least it's done now! :thumbsu:
Yep pretty much!

Pass and I'm happy. Still got a lot of fun time ahead for the next week of writing the rest of the damn thing, but the hard part is over.

Dodoro's failings don't necessarily come from the trade table, but that he is s**t in the draft and have been for a long long long long long time
Drafting's not his area any more though, pretty sure that's Merv Keane.

And even then in recent years we've done pretty well.

2013: Merrett (best 22) with pick 26 at this stage is a huge win, Fantasia yet to be determined. Ambrose (best 22) in the rookie draft a good get.
2012: Daniher (obv, best 22), Kommer (fringe), Gleeson (fringe 22), Ashby (fringe) all look likely types
2011: Aside from J. Merrett (fringe 22), this one, yeah a bit of a s**t year. Kav hasn't lived up to expectation, Browne has been plagued by injury, O'Brien no real comment. Baguley (best 22) in the rookie draft a good get though.
2010: Heppell (gun!, next captain and best 22), Steinberg (serviceable at worst), Hibberd (best 22) in the preseason draft,
2009: Melksham (meh, fringe), Carlisle (best 22), Colyer (best 22), Howlett (fringe/best 22) in the rookie, Crameri (would be best 22) as a rookie

Really not as bad as everyone suggests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back