The off topic thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be anymore idiotic than you've already proven yourself to be.

I assumed it was a joke, but maybe I'm giving him too much credit.

Thread going beautifully

What is everyones thoughts on taking sick days when you arent actually sick.

Ever done it before?

Surprisingly I haven't. I say surprisingly because I used to chuck a sickie to get out of school every chance I could. Even when I've been working part/full-time and therefore would get paid for a sick day, I think I've only ever taken a few and I'll have been genuinely ill to some extent.

Was close to taking one on Monday (would have been a good time to take one!) but they'd mentioned during induction they check what sporting events are on and I figured they'd call me out on watching the United-Liverpool match even though I genuinely wasn't feeling the best. Also at the moment I'm technically a casual so wouldn't have been paid.

But I reckon once I start full time work, if I have the days accrued and I'm not going to be compensated if I don't use them, then you may as well?

Thread going beautifully

What is everyones thoughts on taking sick days when you arent actually sick.

Ever done it before?

I work in a small business, so I hate the idea. If it's not hurting anyone else thats fine, but for me someone would need to be called in so I couldn't do it.

I work in a small business, so I hate the idea. If it's not hurting anyone else thats fine, but for me someone would need to be called in so I couldn't do it.

Yeah I suppose that's different, and if I felt like my absence would hurt the business I wouldn't do it unless I was genuinely ill.

We don't have to sink to the levels of the criminals though. We should be better than them.

The measure of punishment in a given case must depend upon the atrocity of the crime, the conduct of the criminal and the defenceless and unprotected state of the victim.

Imposition of appropriate punishment is the manner in which the courts respond to the society's cry for justice against the criminals.

Justice demands that courts should impose punishment befitting the crime so that the courts reflect public abhorrence of the crime.

Once again i pose the question:

Why do you value the life of a Human that took it upon themselves to take the lives of others?

Why is the value of his/her life more important than those of the ones taken?

Back to the Martin Bryant example - 35 times he extinguished the life of another Human. Why must his right to life be enforced when 35 others were not given the same option?

Surprisingly I haven't. I say surprisingly because I used to chuck a sickie to get out of school every chance I could. Even when I've been working part/full-time and therefore would get paid for a sick day, I think I've only ever taken a few and I'll have been genuinely ill to some extent.

Was close to taking one on Monday (would have been a good time to take one!) but they'd mentioned during induction they check what sporting events are on and I figured they'd call me out on watching the United-Liverpool match even though I genuinely wasn't feeling the best. Also at the moment I'm technically a casual so wouldn't have been paid.

But I reckon once I start full time work, if I have the days accrued and I'm not going to be compensated if I don't use them, then you may as well?
Yeah fair call.

I have started full time work this year and have taken a couple of days off when I have genuinely been ill.

|However work is really quiet at the moment, thinking of perhaps going to the cricket tomorrow.. boss is away for the week as well on a course. Plus I dont think my absence would make one difference to the business - I work for a fairly large company.

Yeah this angle is totally understandable. When I used to work as a casual in retail I used to hate people calling in sick meaning we were one short all day.

Yeah fair call.

I have started full time work this year and have taken a couple of days off when I have genuinely been ill.

|However work is really quiet at the moment, thinking of perhaps going to the cricket tomorrow.. boss is away for the week as well on a course. Plus I dont think my absence would make one difference to the business - I work for a fairly large company.

I started working part time for my last job, and was genuinely really ill the first week there. Was told to take two days off by the GP and got a medical certificate, but went back after one because I was keen to show I wasn't just bludging. Probably should have taken both days off, but I guess I wanted to make a good first impression.

Only other time I took a day off I think something was going round the office and it was a fairly reasonable excuse to not want to spread it further. Plus I forced myself to go in when not feeling great, and then let my supervisor know I probably wouldn't make it in the next day.

Where I am now - assuming I get the grad job - I'd probably be more inclined to skive off since it's so large.

Yeah fair call.

Why not just a take a day of leave?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The measure of punishment in a given case must depend upon the atrocity of the crime, the conduct of the criminal and the defenceless and unprotected state of the victim.

Imposition of appropriate punishment is the manner in which the courts respond to the society's cry for justice against the criminals.

Justice demands that courts should impose punishment befitting the crime so that the courts reflect public abhorrence of the crime.

Once again i pose the question:

Why do you value the life of a Human that took it upon themselves to take the lives of others?

Why is the value of his/her life more important than those of the ones taken?

Back to the Martin Bryant example - 35 times he extinguished the life of another Human. Why must his right to life be enforced when 35 others were not given the same option?

The only extreme case I can think of where death penalty may be applicable is where the person is more dangerous to society alive, even behind bars. Can't think of many examples of this beyond extreme cases like Osama bin Laden.

I just got tickets for me and my son to see Real v's City. Can't wait.

How much are they going for?

My mum rang me all excited one night a few months ago because Tim Gossage (the channel 10 perth sports presenter and complete knobjockey) said that there was a good chance that Real Madrid would play a Premier league team here in perth and she would get my tickets for my birthday.

I had to gently explain to her why that would never happen. She was heartbroken.

How much are they going for?

My mum rang me all excited one night a few months ago because Tim Gossage (the channel 10 perth sports presenter and complete knobjockey) said that there was a good chance that Real Madrid would play a Premier league team here in perth and she would get my tickets for my birthday.

I had to gently explain to her why that would never happen. She was heartbroken.

We are in Bronze section, but directly behind the goals. $90 for me and $70 for my son.

Platinum are like $250 and gold are $220.

WTF.
My job security is 'untouchable' yet they're contemplating firing me due to the team morale or some s**t?
Im currently 2nd in League 1 with 9 games to go in the season. 7 points behind 1st, 9 clear of missing the playoffs and they're paying attention to a small minority of people complaining about gametime?
Sheesh.

WTF.
My job security is 'untouchable' yet they're contemplating firing me due to the team morale or some s**t?
Im currently 2nd in League 1 with 9 games to go in the season. 7 points behind 1st, 9 clear of missing the playoffs and they're paying attention to a small minority of people complaining about gametime?
Sheesh.

if you arent playing them then just promise to sell them at the end of the season.

if you arent playing them then just promise to sell them at the end of the season.
Will do that now.
I saw a lot of people here were getting in s**t over it.
So I went 'delegate to assistant' or 'dismiss' (whichever the 2nd option other than speak to them is)
Worked for a few years. But now that I have a 30 man or so squad. It's not working.
Will start culling these players next year which is looking like it'll be in the championship. Really getting into good form late in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back