The off topic thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Girlfriend is going on Sunday.

I find him to be a bit bland personally. A lot of his stuff sounds similar. Glad to hear you enjoyed it though.

Oh regardless of what you think of his songs, he's a brilliant performer. Gets the crowd into it, gets the atmosphere going, and is a great personality between songs.

I still don't understand how people can think his stuff sounds similar though, Jatz said the same about his new album, but I don't think any two songs are alike at all. Compare Sing to Bloodstream to Thinking Out Loud to Tenarife Sea to One etc. etc.

1st album was brilliant. This latest one is just poppy and shite.

Apart from Sing I can't think of a single song that matches that description. The second album is the exact same sort of music as the first.

Oh regardless of what you think of his songs, he's a brilliant performer. Gets the crowd into it, gets the atmosphere going, and is a great personality between songs.

I still don't understand how people can think his stuff sounds similar though, Jatz said the same about his new album, but I don't think any two songs are alike at all. Compare Sing to Bloodstream to Thinking Out Loud to Tenarife Sea to One etc. etc.
I'm pretentious lol.

If he's good in stage that's good - it's what you want. Someone who can actually entertain the crowd rather than just be able to stand there and play and be as exciting as a bit of dirt.

I don't actually know those songs, it's not so much the songs sounding the same - more the music.

I'm pretentious lol.

If he's good in stage that's good - it's what you want. Someone who can actually entertain the crowd rather than just be able to stand there and play and be as exciting as a bit of dirt.

I don't actually know those songs, it's not so much the songs sounding the same - more the music.

I feel like most bands will sound the same, it's called sticking to a genre. :p Ironically Ed Sheeran has heavy rap songs mixed with soft acoustic so he doesn't even do that.

I would say that Vance Joy sounds way more similar than Ed Sheeran for instance.

To be honest it's probably because I listened to it all in one sitting. The front half of the album was good but the back half all blended into one 30 min song for me haha.

To be honest it's probably because I listened to it all in one sitting. The front half of the album was good but the back half all blended into one 30 min song for me haha.

Yeah fair enough, although I think you could say that about a lot of albums. :p

I think as more singles are released it always helps me to distinguish songs, as I'll recognise them much more readily when they come on which helps me draw a distinction between songs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back