The off topic thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Punch him in the head? Apparently he goes down like a sack of s**t ;)
Yeah what a pussy for reacting to being busted open by a punch above the eye.

Pretty embarrassing if you're saying that is the one good thing about yesterday's game for you.

It's almost as if episodes 1-3 don't exist. Well that's how I like to think about it anyway.
I just ignore them. If eps 7-9 are awesome which I hope they are. Whenever I watch the Star Wars saga. Ill always just start at 4 and skip the first wanky three films.

TheGermanator

Full trailer released. Much better quality obviously than the cam versions.

Whilst it looks awesome. Two things I didnt like. Was that supposed to be Batman saying, "tell me, do you bleed? You will." at the end? It didnt sound like Ben Affleck at all.

The second thing that annoys me about this movie is that Batman is just a man. He doesnt have superpowers. He is just a strong, well trained man, with awesome gadgets. That's why I think most of us connect with him because we can relate to him. He is just a man.

So having said that, he stands absolutely NO HOPE against Superman who is, outside of the very rare commodity of Kryptonite. COMPLETELY INDESTRUCTABLE!!

So it's pointless. That's another reason why Superman isnt as loved as other superhero's because he doesnt have great villains to bounce off and he is pretty much unbeatable. You can beat Spiderman, Batman, Thor, Captain America, IronMan etc etc... they can all be killed. Superman cant unless you luckily have tons of Kryptonite.

So I have no idea what the plot is going to be, or why two blokes who are all about helping the weak and protecting mankind and all that jazz, end up fighting eachother??

Whilst it looks awesome. Two things I didnt like. Was that supposed to be Batman saying, "tell me, do you bleed? You will." at the end? It didnt sound like Ben Affleck at all.

The second thing that annoys me about this movie is that Batman is just a man. He doesnt have superpowers. He is just a strong, well trained man, with awesome gadgets. That's why I think most of us connect with him because we can relate to him. He is just a man.

So having said that, he stands absolutely NO HOPE against Superman who is, outside of the very rare commodity of Kryptonite. COMPLETELY INDESTRUCTABLE!!

So it's pointless. That's another reason why Superman isnt as loved as other superhero's because he doesnt have great villains to bounce off and he is pretty much unbeatable. You can beat Spiderman, Batman, Thor, Captain America, IronMan etc etc... they can all be killed. Superman cant unless you luckily have tons of Kryptonite.

So I have no idea what the plot is going to be, or why two blokes who are all about helping the weak and protecting mankind and all that jazz, end up fighting eachother??
I have been wondering the same stuff as you and I think I'm gonna read the book it's based on.

And also, Batman didn't sound like Bale either...

I just ignore them. If eps 7-9 are awesome which I hope they are. Whenever I watch the Star Wars saga. Ill always just start at 4 and skip the first wanky three films.

Yep in my head, episodes 1-3 didn't exist. And thankfully they won't really be relevant to the new trilogy.

Yes it was Affleck's voice. A lot angrier and darker than most would expect. But fits the persona of this adaptation of Batman perfectly.

The drawcard of Batman as opposed to other super heros is that yes, he's just a dude. With billions of dollars and a hate for crime.

Without giving too much away, Superman does have weaknesses other than Kryptonite. If the movie stays close to TDKR, then hopefully these ideas will be explored.

Yeah what a pussy for reacting to being busted open by a punch above the eye.

Pretty embarrassing if you're saying that is the one good thing about yesterday's game for you.
Haha he acts the tough guy but when it goes past his cheap little elbows into ribs etc, he gets put on his ass.

Don't get me wrong, he's been a great player. But he's this faux tough guy with little man syndrome who's angrier than he should be. I'm so glad someone finally shut him up, the fact it was one of my players makes it even better.

You're right. The other highlight was Gibbs giving Goddard a little tap to the head and him carrying on as if he'd been king hit.

I did prefer this though.

IMG_20150418_142352.jpg

Yep in my head, episodes 1-3 didn't exist. And thankfully they won't really be relevant to the new trilogy.

Yes it was Affleck's voice. A lot angrier and darker than most would expect. But fits the persona of this adaptation of Batman perfectly.

The drawcard of Batman as opposed to other super heros is that yes, he's just a dude. With billions of dollars and a hate for crime.

Without giving too much away, Superman does have weaknesses other than Kryptonite. If the movie stays close to TDKR, then hopefully these ideas will be explored.
But Superman doesnt have weaknesses other than Kryptonite? Since when?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But Superman doesnt have weaknesses other than Kryptonite? Since when?

His weaknesses have been explored through the different adaptations of him, mostly during the 70s and 80s comics.

Are you familiar with The Dark Knight Returns? Radiation/lack of sun is the major weakness that Batman exploits here.

Haha he acts the tough guy but when it goes past his cheap little elbows into ribs etc, he gets put on his ass.

Don't get me wrong, he's been a great player. But he's this faux tough guy with little man syndrome who's angrier than he should be. I'm so glad someone finally shut him up, the fact it was one of my players makes it even better.

You're right. The other highlight was Gibbs giving Goddard a little tap to the head and him carrying on as if he'd been king hit.

I did prefer this though.

View attachment 125767
Classy Carlton :thumbsu:

If an Essendon player had done that I wouldn't be happy about it.

Classy Carlton :thumbsu:

If an Essendon player had done that I wouldn't be happy about it.
That actually had nothing to do with Essendon and everything to do with Chapman. He just happens to play for your mob.

Although dont get me wrong, i hate your club. I didnt before the drugs s**t but i do now.

Wait so why are they fighting each other? Has Superman gone bad ass?

A number of reasons. But in the origin story, Bruce Wayne is in his 50s. And comes out of 'retirement' because Gotham is overrun again by crime. He's annoyed that Superman has become a political pawn and does what the President of the USA tells him to do.

He cleans up the streets of Gotham by himself. This pisses off the government and they send in Superman to stop him. Because they won't allow a renegade to be a law unto themselves.

Superman doesn't want the fight. He thinks exactly like everyone else does at the concept - why the hell does this guy think he's a chance against me?

This is a good little summary in lieu of reading the 4 part comic:

http://badassdigest.com/2015/03/25/why-are-batman-and-superman-fighting-in-batman-v-superman/

His weaknesses have been explored through the different adaptations of him, mostly during the 70s and 80s comics.

Are you familiar with The Dark Knight Returns? Radiation/lack of sun is the major weakness that Batman exploits here.
Lack of sun :drunk:

Superman is unbeatable. I dont buy these shitty comics trying to give him weaknesses when he was first created with just one. Kryptonite. It's like later on they realised they ****ed up and needed to give him more weaknesses to create better stories.

That actually had nothing to do with Essendon and everything to do with Chapman. He just happens to play for your mob.

Although dont get me wrong, i hate your club. I didnt before the drugs s**t but i do now.
Didn't say it did. If an Essendon player punched anyone I'd be disappointed with them.

Now an important Carlton player is going to miss 3 or 4 games. Still happy he did it? Because I bet you he isn't.

Lack of sun :drunk:

Superman is unbeatable. I dont buy these shitty comics trying to give him weaknesses when he was first created with just one. Kryptonite. It's like later on they realised they stuffed up and needed to give him more weaknesses to create better stories.

Sounds fluffy, I know. But its impossible to understand unless you know the full story.

He feels the after effects of a nuclear winter, after an atomic war. This weakens him as he cannot get the normal amount of replenishment from the sun. Which as you know, is where he draws his power from.

It does sound odd. But in the context of the story, which is over 4 books, it definitely works.

In fact, in the comics, the Superman/Batman fight is really only in the last moments. The Joker has a bigger part to play.

And in the film, I would imagine Lex Luthor to have a greater contribution to the divide. Jared Leto's Joker will also likely cameo.

Didn't say it did. If an Essendon player punched anyone I'd be disappointed with them.

Now an important Carlton player is going to miss 3 or 4 games. Still happy he did it? Because I bet you he isn't.
3 or 4 games? Oh no, now we might miss finals...

Why should i give a s**t? As a supporter I'm happier knowing he is actually turning up to play rather than 3/4 of the rest of our side that does * all.

3 or 4 games? Oh no, now we might miss finals...

Why should i give a s**t? As a supporter I'm happier knowing he is actually turning up to play rather than 3/4 of the rest of our side that does **** all.
And that'd be okay. But swinging a punch is very different.

I was happy to see Melksham get into Judd at times but if he punched him, elbowed him or anything that could get him suspended I'd be pretty pissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back