The off topic thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tambling ahead of Franklin is enough to scupper any credibility he had for list management. What a utensil up. Top5 that year. Deledio, Roughead, Griffin, Tambling and Franklin.
Terry Wallace did an AMA on the AFL subreddit recently and got asked what stopped Tambling reaching elite ability:
"Richard Tambling was a better player in his first two weeks at the club, than what he was after three years. When he arrived he played with freedom and the scrutiny took that away from his natural game."

And on why Tambling:
"I'd only been there for 4 weeks and I asked my recruiting staff to pick the best player. They believed at the time that Tambling was a 200 game player, where Franklin had a great upside but had some questionable character traits. Don't forget that Hawthorn and Bulldogs also didn't use their first pick on Franklin."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn and Bulldogs also didn't use their first pick on Franklin."
they didn't use their first pick on him because they knew they could do the double if they got Roughie with the 1st pick. Plain and simple Wallace is a clueless muppet who spent too long in a solarium

I don't mind Wallace. Unlike most football coaches and media people, he comes across as a really down to earth sort of guy who just loves talking about footy. He is genuinely enthusiastic about the game.

they didn't use their first pick on him because they knew they could do the double if they got Roughie with the 1st pick. Plain and simple Wallace is a clueless muppet who spent too long in a solarium
roughy, franklin and lewis in the one draft, all inside the top 10. As much as it hurts to say it, they bloody hit gold that draft. 3 gems...

My best interview I was taken into a room and sat down down in the middle chair where the chairman of the panel was supposed to sit. That got a good laugh and I was totally at ease after that.

Helped that I knew the job inside out, and that I didnt really care if I got the job or not.

The worst, they put the candidate on a leather sofa opposite the interview panel all on office chairs. I found myself slumping on the sofa like I was watching the tv at night, and just went to pieces. I had read a future directions speech by the boss of the organisation in the way to the interview but when I was asked about it my mind hsd a total blank. I reckon it was because of that ******* sofa.

Exactly my point. Wallace is a list mangler, not manager. Yet somehow he's fashioned himself as an 'expert'.

Wallace got lucky at the Dogs with the list he inherited, but then proceed to run it into the ground over the next 5 years. The trading of Powell and Monty was heart breaking.

Yep, Clayton had made it known to the world for a while that even if he had pick 1 he'd be taking Griffen.

I don't mind Wallace. Unlike most football coaches and media people, he comes across as a really down to earth sort of guy who just loves talking about footy. He is genuinely enthusiastic about the game.

I don't hate him anymore, his apology to the Dogs when resigning from Richmond was all class.

I think the interview went really well. Woke up this morning feeling fantastic, the weather made me feel even better and I felt incredibly confident.

The interview was conducted by a high up and the team leader where the role is. I thought I interviewed very well. Didn't stumble or um and ah over anything and I answered their questions with confidence. Only little slip up I had was I said I was a bit chatty when I was younger - apart from that think I did well.

Said they will let me know in a few days about how I went. I feel confident but we shall wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back