The off topic thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay firstly it's not confirmed yet so it could be a load of crap (both are News limited papers).

Could be to do with who we are apparently targeting and creating cap space. A couple on my board who've been around for a while (and others say have a good track record for inside info) are suggesting that we'll be chasing Dangerfield, Selwood, Henderson, a ruckman and a currently undisclosed midfielder. Could be that simple.

The Australian and Geelong Advertiser reporting that Johnson has been pushed which scares me. Has a year of footy left in him and a club near a flag will give it to him and he'll then become an assistant there, not at my club where he should be.

Has played the best of all vets and can kick 35-45 goals as a small forward. Puzzling decision.
I'd take Mackie before any of your vets. Guy still has 2 or 3 years left in him.

Genuinely doubt Johnson will get picked up. Who'd want him?

Okay firstly it's not confirmed yet so it could be a load of crap (both are News limited papers).

Could be to do with who we are apparently targeting and creating cap space. A couple on my board who've been around for a while (and others say have a good track record for inside info) are suggesting that we'll be chasing Dangerfield, Selwood, Henderson, a ruckman and a currently undisclosed midfielder. Could be that simple.
Not planning on having any draft picks the next 2 years?

I'd take Mackie before any of your vets. Guy still has 2 or 3 years left in him.

Genuinely doubt Johnson will get picked up. Who'd want him?
A side close to a flag. Still would demand a good small defender.

Why? They don't need him. It really is only those 3 clubs in contention unless he wants to end up somewhere like Freo for a season.

If he's gone from Geelong, I think his days as an AFL footballer are done.
I dont know who would hate that more Freo or Geelong fans.

Richmond would take Johnson, I reckon. They'll get knocked out in the first or second week of the finals and feel like they just need to top up a bit to have a crack next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't believe Stokes is only 29 btw. Wonder if anyone will pick him up.
NO. I can assure you he IS cooked. doesn't have height so not a marking target, can barely kick 45m and has lost his one asset. Pace. GONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back