The off topic thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
"What we've been told is that Levi Casboult and Tom Bell could be part of a package to Brisbane because the blues want another high pick in the draft," - Kevin Bartlett

Why is this old fart paid to speak on the radio? Bell + Casboult for any Lions pick makes 0 sense. We'd be getting ripped off massively if it was for their 2nd round pick, and they'd be getting the rough deal if it was a 1st round pick! Someone lock KB up in the old people's home already

To be fair, would you trust North if they'd done the same thing :p

It's not just Daisy and Jones. We've done this before with Judd and we now know that recruiting the big name on big dollars doesn't help. Just ask the Swans.

It's also why I don't think Geelong will win a GF when Dangerfield ends up there.
The Judd deal was the right move, blame your recruiters and coaches for being shite, not Juddy.

I didn't agree with the Daisy trade as he had come off a long term injury and whilst being previously very good, he is good in a good team, rather than a player who will take you too the next level.

The LJizz contract is one of the worst i've seen, particularly given the level of competition for his services and the length of the deal. Whilst i think Carlisle is overrated, you blokes need KPP's bad so excluding the drugs mess, should be going hard at him or a similar type of player. I wonder if St Kilda have any wada ban clauses in his contract????

As for my mob.....we are banned from trading with hawthorn under any circumstances.....i never want to see us trade with those campaigners again...EVER!

The Judd deal was the right move, blame your recruiters and coaches for being shite, not Juddy.

I didn't agree with the Daisy trade as he had come off a long term injury and whilst being previously very good, he is good in a good team, rather than a player who will take you too the next level.

The LJizz contract is one of the worst i've seen, particularly given the level of competition for his services and the length of the deal. Whilst i think Carlisle is overrated, you blokes need KPP's bad so excluding the drugs mess, should be going hard at him or a similar type of player. I wonder if St Kilda have any wada ban clauses in his contract????

As for my mob.....we are banned from trading with hawthorn under any circumstances.....i never want to see us trade with those campaigners again...EVER!
Should be well on the way to being fixed after this trade period. Weitering, Plowman and potentially Tomlinson will definitely help.

"What we've been told is that Levi Casboult and Tom Bell could be part of a package to Brisbane because the blues want another high pick in the draft," - Kevin Bartlett

Why is this old fart paid to speak on the radio? Bell + Casboult for any Lions pick makes 0 sense. We'd be getting ripped off massively if it was for their 2nd round pick, and they'd be getting the rough deal if it was a 1st round pick! Someone lock KB up in the old people's home already
The only thing I can think is the end of first rounder the Lions might get for Leuenberger going out. That pick would probably make sense.

His "source" is probably a voice in his head

The only thing I can think is the end of first rounder the Lions might get for Leuenberger going out. That pick would probably make sense.
That's pretty much their 2nd round pick, we'd be losing out big time. We are already short of tall forwards so whilst they aren't even B-grade talent a pick 19-22 isn't enough for them

That's pretty much their 2nd round pick, we'd be losing out big time. We are already short of tall forwards so whilst they aren't even B-grade talent a pick 19-22 isn't enough for them
Are we? Bell is a 2nd rounder. Casboult is probably a second rounder. Maybe there's a later pick swap but I think market value wouldn't be too far off.

Are we? Bell is a 2nd rounder. Casboult is probably a second rounder. Maybe there's a later pick swap but I think market value wouldn't be too far off.
They're not great players and I'm not against Bell going for a pick but we already have no forwards trading our only above average one would see Liam Jones return to the side!

I don't think offering a guy with drug suspensions looming a long contract is a good idea regardless of previous mistakes. Mind you the blokes only played 80-odd games and was a spud this season, the $$$ being mentioned is also crazy! Has he really shown that much in his first 60 games to get a $3.5m deal over 5 years?
So offering a three year contract where he won't play for a chunk of that is a better idea?

Oh so you know something no one else does? Good for you.

I'm talking about it because it's a major trading story that my club is involved in. Just because I don't want him, doesn't mean I'm not interested.
I can taste the salt from here. You've already said yourself that money isn't his motivating factor, and your club is clearly paranoid about offering players contracts, so he's choosing a club that has better management. If that's something you think only I can see, then I don't know what to say.

To be fair, would you trust North if they'd done the same thing

It's not just Daisy and Jones. We've done this before with Judd and we now know that recruiting the big name on big dollars doesn't help. Just ask the Swans.

It's also why I don't think Geelong will win a GF when Dangerfield ends up there.
We made the Grand Final in buddy's first year. We didn't show up on the day but I think if bojan asked the club he'd find them pretty happy. North recruited Waite and made a prelim.

So offering a three year contract where he won't play for a chunk of that is a better idea?
How a player would go coming back from 2 years out suspended is anybodies guess, for mine I wouldn't like a guy to have a few years left on his contract after that. I'd rather have the flexibility to just let him go and not have to pay him out. If he was to miss years 2 & 3 of the contract I'm sure re-signing him wouldn't be an issue anyway if it was on a 3 year deal, if it's a 5 year deal you've got to put up with whatever he dishes up after 24 months out of the game for another 2 years and I'd be reluctant to have that happen at my club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can taste the salt from here. You've already said yourself that money isn't his motivating factor, and your club is clearly paranoid about offering players contracts, so he's choosing a club that has better management. If that's something you think only I can see, then I don't know what to say.
Ok mate.

How are you getting so many high first round picks?

Tomlinson and Plowman would both cost a top 10 pick each IMO.
Plowman definitely isn't. Plowman will likely be our 2nd rounder.

Henderson and Yarran are both first round draft picks as well. Just because you were once, doesn't necessarily mean you are anymore.

How a player would go coming back from 2 years out suspended is anybodies guess, for mine I wouldn't like a guy to have a few years left on his contract after that. I'd rather have the flexibility to just let him go and not have to pay him out. If he was to miss years 2 & 3 of the contract I'm sure re-signing him wouldn't be an issue anyway if it was on a 3 year deal, if it's a 5 year deal you've got to put up with whatever he dishes up after 24 months out of the game for another 2 years and I'd be reluctant to have that happen at my club
As bojan said I'd be pretty surprised if the saints didn't have wada clauses inserted.

How are you getting so many high first round picks?

Tomlinson and Plowman would both cost a top 10 pick each IMO.
Plowman has been on the outer all season and is talked about as part of our 4-for-2nd round pick. Tomlinson I'm not too sure how we wrap that deal up, perhaps the Yarran or Henderson pick

As bojan said I'd be pretty surprised if the saints didn't have wada clauses inserted.
Rough on the Swans that certain clauses couldn't be put on Buddy's contract to save their bacon if he didn't see out his contract but clubs taking banned drug cheats can put clauses into their deals

Rough on the Swans that certain clauses couldn't be put on Buddy's contract to save their bacon if he didn't see out his contract but clubs taking banned drug cheats can put clauses into their deals
Who says we don't have clauses if buddy gets done for drugs or other issues of that sort?

Who says we don't have clauses if buddy gets done for drugs or other issues of that sort?
If he retires before the 9 years are up I thought you still had to include his contract in the salary cap? So if he was to retire for a non-drug related issue the Swans get punished having to pay him out, but if a player gets banned for drugs the club that recruits that player have a get out of jail free card. That seems a bit unfair doesn't it

If he retires before the 9 years are up I thought you still had to include his contract in the salary cap? So if he was to retire for a non-drug related issue the Swans get punished having to pay him out, but if a player gets banned for drugs the club that recruits that player have a get out of jail free card. That seems a bit unfair doesn't it
Retiring due to injury age is very different to release clauses related to breaking the rules.

I'm confused....those two sentences contradict themselves.....
Henderson and Yarran were drafted in the first round. Nobody thinks they're worth a first round anymore.

Just because you were once drafted in the first round, doesn't mean you keep that value across your career.

Does that make better sense?

Retiring due to injury age is very different to release clauses related to breaking the rules.
I know that but why should 1 club be punished for something which they have no idea about (e.g. mental health causing early retirement) and another who knows their could be a ban coming up to a player get away with not paying them

Henderson and Yarran were drafted in the first round. Nobody thinks they're worth a first round anymore.

Just because you were once drafted in the first round, doesn't mean you keep that value across your career.

Better?
Agree:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back