The off topic thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong. Just his back is F****D. 2013 before this started to become a serious problem he was developing into a dominant ruckmen. Got injured. Had more surgery and now he struggles to run as a result. You should have seen him in the VFL this year. I felt sorry for him, had the height to be a top ruck but like many before his body has let him down.
His body has cooked him yes, but I would hardly call him a dominant ruckman ffs. hes not Goldstein

Can't be ALL of next years though. Once next years R1 is gone you're not allowed to trade future rounds. If you trade R2 onwards you can do so with as many as you want but can't then trade your future R1.

Fair enough.

Danger will be a great get, not sure about the other 3. Need to leave Wells a few decent picks to play with as your list needs some quality youth.

His body has cooked him yes, but I would hardly call him a dominant ruckman ffs. hes not Goldstein
Not saying he was, but he was showing very good signs in that direction in 2013, it was short lived because of yet another injury. The 5 games before injury (mid game) was 2.6 clearances. 12 touches and 34 hitouts per game. That's very good for a ruck. For the first time since Ottens we had silver service in the ruck but like every other season he broke down again.

Sad end, I do feel sorry for him as he never got a good crack at it really.

Not saying he was, but he was showing very good signs in that direction in 2013, it was short lived because of yet another injury. The 5 games before injury (mid game) was 2.6 clearances. 12 touches and 34 hitouts per game. That's very good for a ruck. For the first time since Ottens we had silver service in the ruck but like every other season he broke down again.

Sad end, I do feel sorry for him as he never got a good crack at it really.
5 game sample size is pretty damm small.

Could probably find similar 5 game stretches for a lot of ruckman out there..

EDIT - Ceglar posted similar numbers this season while splitting ruck duties

Last edited:
Fair enough.

Danger will be a great get, not sure about the other 3. Need to leave Wells a few decent picks to play with as your list needs some quality youth.
If we only get Patrick and Smith (not the journo :p) I'll be happy. Think we can get Henderson for R2 and steak knives but if we don't then we don't. Selwood I'm not fussed they either let him go for free or we won't get him. It all hinges on Adelaide really and if they match and then how hardball they play.

5 game sample size is pretty damm small.

Could probably find similar 5 game stretches for a lot of ruckman out there..
It is a small sample but let's put it this way. We were in the race for the flag that year up to our necks. Hawkins could hardly bend and yet Dawson breaking down was a bigger dagger to our premiership chances. He was playing that well, and iirc he only played a handful of games because he was unsurprisingly coming back from injury. In any case I just disagree with the hack assessment. He had the talent, just didn't get to show it.

Need some KPP though if you want to challenge
Need a key forward. McPharlin going should see Pearce play more. Liked the look of him in the games he played this year.
Valid points you make, but looks like the clubs on top of that too with McCarthy. If not Aaron Black will probably get his long awaited move to Freo.

Valid points you make, but looks like the clubs on top of that too with McCarthy. If not Aaron Black will probably get his long awaited move to Freo.
who's first priority. Bennell or McCarthy? In contract will make it a little harder to get either as you only have two R1 picks to deal with.

who's first priority. Bennell or McCarthy? In contract will make it a little harder to get either as you only have two R1 picks to deal with.
We won't trade a first rounder for Bennell. Gold Coast have shown they want rid, they won't be getting a premium offer from us. Second round earliest, maybe 3rd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Started watching Scream - Netflix exclusive.

Based on the movie. The bird shown in her bikini in the first few minutes is mint.

Not a bad show, acting a bit weak at times but it's alright, captures suspense well.

Started watching it last weekend, already finished season 1 haha. I think it's got real potential, acting can be a bit dodgy but overall I enjoyed it, it gets better after the first couple.

Season 2 isn't out until April 2016 apparently, should've paced myself.

I saw The Martian yesterday, it was excellent!

Keen to see it!

Saw this a few days back and thought it was pretty funny.

12118974_1800366446653073_7370569204925615446_n.jpg

Started watching it last weekend, already finished season 1 haha. I think it's got real potential, acting can be a bit dodgy but overall I enjoyed it, it gets better after the first couple.

Season 2 isn't out until April 2016 apparently, should've paced myself.
Just watched the first ep. That opening scene oh boy ;)

That douche bag guy is well, a douche bag.

Started watching Scream - Netflix exclusive.

Based on the movie. The bird shown in her bikini in the first few minutes is mint.

Not a bad show, acting a bit weak at times but it's alright, captures suspense well.

The first Scream I found scary but I can't really take it seriously anymore since seeing Scary Movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back