The off topic thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sitting here with it on. Just don't see the attraction - Aussie Rules is so much better.

Find American sports incredibly dull

Had not even realised the game has started.

My prediction going well then...
No 10 zip to the other guys.said in my best 'murican accent.

The build-up was the most toe-curling thing I've ever seen. The yanks are so gloriously self-absorbed it boggles the mind

I'm normally all over it but there's no point while I'm at work. Might just catch the highlights tonight.
Don't understand the appeal - all the stop-starting kills it for me. Those stupid yellow flags they keep throwing on to the pitch is really starting to piss me off too.

Don't believe the hype as PE said

Don't understand the appeal - all the stop-starting kills it for me. Those stupid yellow flags they keep throwing on to the pitch is really starting to piss me off too.

Hear ******* hear

Get on with the bloody game

I actually really enjoy it. My problem is that I never get to see the games as I'm always at work.

I actually really enjoy it. My problem is that I never get to see the games as I'm always at work.
I think you have to buy into all the razzmatazz of it. The yanks know how to put on a show if you can get past how ridiculous it all is. It needs the hype as well because nothing really happens in the game other than a bloke throws the ball, a bloke catches the ball, or a bloke runs with the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you have to buy into all the razzmatazz of it. The yanks know how to put on a show if you can get past how ridiculous it all is. It needs the hype as well because nothing really happens in the game other than a bloke throws the ball, a bloke catches the ball, or a bloke runs with the ball.
Far more talent involved than that. But yes, you've got to be able to sit through the stop start etc.

Coldplay. Beyoncé. Bruno Mars.

And we've got to settle for Ellie Goulding.

Time of day and size of stadium isn't the AFL's problem it's actually hiring amazing talent that are able to entertain

Left 60 backs in an ATM on Saturday night (Swanston St for Melbournians - so you can assume how busy it was). Didn't realise til I got to Myer on Bourke. Was bloody spewing, but got over it.

Called the bank today and they refunded it.

******* brilliant.
They'd wanna. Know of a story of someone given 50s instead of 20s and they had to pay back the bank

Scumbags don't make enough

Time of day and size of stadium isn't the AFL's problem it's actually hiring amazing talent that are able to entertain

The size of the stadium is a factor, the MCG is huge compared to the NFL stadiums. I think a twilight AFL GF with a big stage covering the square with fireworks and dancers everywhere would be awesome.

For this to happen I think an extended halftime break would be needed.

Why do you need a half-time show anyway?

Could you imagine something like that in the CL final

The size of the stadium is a factor, the MCG is huge compared to the NFL stadiums. I think a twilight AFL GF with a big stage covering the square with fireworks and dancers everywhere would be awesome.

For this to happen I think an extended halftime break would be needed.
This stadium looks pretty massive. Holds 70,000+ so it's hardly tiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back