Opinion The Offically Unofficial BF Answer to Danyle Pearces worthiness to Freo

Where does Danyle Pearce belong?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Best 22. I think Freo went after him because he was ranked very highly in meters gained per disposal. This includes run, bounce and kick and perhaps that is an attribute that Ross thinks is helpful to the team, fast ball movement can be very valuable deep into the forward line. It's deadly if it's accurate or if you have got Walters and Ballas lurking around when it gets in there quickly.

I'm honestly not convinced that he's even all that fast--how often did he get chased down and pinged by supposedly slower players this year?

Still best 22 for mine though... But would be happy to see someone else take his spot
Watched the first derby of the last season last night. He was very good and yes he did run down players.

That's OK though, because infinitely optimistic posters like yourself balance things out.

It is not optimism.
I just have the same viewpoint as our coach.
I will be happy the day Danyle is dropped for a player who is considered better value, by Ross.
It means we are growing and I'm sure you'll agree that can be said of any of our players.
Right now we do not have a better option.
I call myself a pragmatist and that can lead to optimism.
I'll say here and now that Danyle will get a contract extension this year which I believe is the final year of his contract.

maybe we can beat WCE's 10,000 posts debating priddis 8)

For the sake of my television...........I hope Pearce does not play too many games in 2015.

Come to think, Dawson will still get a game, so the t.v. won't last regardless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Def best 22, I am in his corner due to what he has enabled Hilly to do. He has been a lot more consistent (Pearce) than what I recall from him at Port where some games he would kill teams and then not get a kick the week after. I think he will definitely be in the mix to be dropped early on in the season if we have a full team and he has a couple of quiet ones or a few too many clanger kicks.

One of the best players in the league below his knees, however he has no right foot and often makes poor decisions..

He can turn a game though and does give Hilly a chop out.

He's a "Moneyball" type player.

If he performs the same as last year I hope he isn't in our 22 come finals time. I doubt we'd win a flag, he needs to hit the scoreboard with better accuracy.

I recon he is kind of best 25 (mostly Best 22 based on form and injuries). Needs to get rid of a few bad decisions and he would/could be a huge player. Came close in first 1/4 of last season, but somehow dropped back afterwards...

Just checked on footywire looking for his disposal efficiency and whilst I knew that danyle was first last year I didn't realise that Stephen hill was second. That's some pretty good running up the wings....if only our forward line had been a bit better.

Truth tell I cringe whenever PearcePearce gets the ball in space as he seems to be 50/50 proposition.

Best 22 but needs to improve and stop shitting himself under pressure.

Will be happy to see a youngster surpass him though and take his spot such as Crozier, Sheridan, Weller, Blakely etc.

One of the best players in the league below his knees, however he has no right foot and often makes poor decisions..

He can turn a game though and does give Hilly a chop out.

He's a "Moneyball" type player.
Except he gets caught trying to steal bases, especially in big games. I would say he's the opposite of a moneyball type player. Looks good, plays bad

Last edited:
Back