FTA-TV The Office (US) (2)

treefingers

Cancelled
Jan 20, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Re: The Office (u.s)

I really liked that ep, I hope Spader gets the role as manager. Thought he was hilarious.

I thought it was great until the last 5 minutes. Jim Carrey was a waste of time...dissappointed with that. Loved the other cameos though. Spader particularly.

Watched about 9 episodes of season 1 and 2 today . How I long for those days again.

tombomb

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney

worst office episode!

Aside from a couple of giggles, basically all the celebrity cameos were crap. James Spader was ok.

Ricky Gervais' ego is completely out of control these days ... i'm not sure he could even be bothered changing clothes for his part.

The show is completely stupid now.

Only good part was the new girl's pins!

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.

Not really what I thought a season finale ep would be. Okay but underwhelming. We're nowhere closer to finding an actual replacement. Sometimes i think it'd be best if Jim just ponied up and became manager.

Does anyone actually find Angela marrying a gay senator actually funny?

Feb 23, 2008
This post
AFL Club
Richmond

Had a couple of lol moments (Daryl's: "Blaaaack" and Angela's: "Hey Pam dude, wanna marry me, whatever,") but apart from those, was perhaps the most disappointing season finale in the show's history.

Agree with Ledger; was a bit disappointed with the way they managed Creed & Kevin's characters in that ep.

James Spader was amazing, particularly his final talking head :) You could probably only get one or two good eps with him as that character though. No doubt he could single-handedly revive the paper industry :thumbsu:

Daryl probably the most suited for the manager position, but I think the show would be less funny if he were to get the gig.

I was initially against Andy even interviewing, but of the people that interviewed, I think I'd most like to see him fill Carrell's shoes.

Romano & Carey were wastes and I've never been a big Catherine Tait fan (Call me harsh, but s**t comedians don't get extra points just because they're female). Was expecting more from Arnett :(

Great to see Ricky though :)

Sometimes i think it'd be best if Jim just ponied up and became manager.

This. I don't see how he's not clearly the best candidate (apart from Spader, lol).

Watched about 9 episodes of season 1 and 2 today . How I long for those days again.

And this. (Season 3 ftw!)

Ledger

Club Legend
Jul 14, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chelsea F.C

Jim won't ever become manager just because Jim doesn't want to see him turn into Michael, like in that ep a while ago where he goes about making a single birthday party for everyone's birthday in the month.

That plus I the writers want Jim just to be a salesman and see his character suffering more as manager. We've already seen how poor and unfunny he was, they couldn't give it another shot.

I'd love to see someone like David Wallace come back to rectify his paper industry career compared to the applicants. Spader was good but would wear off pretty quickly IMO.

And NO, nothing is funny about the Senator thing.

Sep 23, 2007
Supercoach Hell
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Orlando magic Baltimore Ravens

I posted a couple of weeks ago that jim carrey was in talks with the crew and poised to take over as carrells replacement, and after seeing him in this ep.
Personally i think he would be perfect..... But not if he's based on anything like the 5sec character we saw..... Oh and how pastey was he lol

Other thoughts;

Agree what has also been said in terms of what made the episode average.

But

- Angela's impersination of Jim, and Ryan's 'drop the whole Jim schtick' line cracked me up. :D

The covered it a bit when Jim was co-manager, and when Ryan was CEO (IIRC) but would be good to see them do more Jim/Pam vs Ryan.

Not sure who said it earlier, but Andy has changed big time since season 3. Watched a few eps, and he was ten times better has the angry, two faced social snake, rather than the bumbling moron he is at the moment. You might say they've 'schruted' his character. ;)

RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory

I thought the Creed cold open was hilarious. He didn't have an actual part in the show. We saw him do stupid s**t for 2 minutes then he was gone. Spader was great as well, but I couldn't see them getting any more than a few episodes out of the character. The rest of the show, meh.

Apr 14, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda

Series really petered out for me, Michael's departure was fun... loved Toby's brother in Boulder.

But I'm leaning towards a left field appointment to run Dunder Mifflin's Scranton Branch.

He's currently head of the Pawnee Parks and Recreation Department.

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.

I like the idea of them getting someone relatively unknown like how it was with Ron on Parks and he's turned out to be one of the great characters.

A big name wouldn't serve it well.

Ferris_rules

Club Legend
Suspended
Aug 26, 2007
in a House, normally.
AFL Club
Adelaide

I miss Michael Scott's character on the show. Personally I feel he may make a comeo in the future, fingers crossed. Although if the show has moved on successfully then there wouldnt be any point other than completing the circle for his character.

He loved his job and his staff where his family and friends, lol except for Toby.

James Spader could make it work, Romano could as well, I have my reservations about Carrey.

Spader was awesome on Boston Legal and would bring a lot of sex I feel to the show, which may take it on a different direction. I did like ELR and Romano has the ability to make it work and would be more Michael Scott like. I have never been a fan of any of Carrey's efforts and I am worried that one of my favourite shows may be shot.

The first few episodes will either sink or swim the show and we will get an indication very early on due to ratings if this show has any more than a season left in the tank!:eek:

dbcrow

Cancelled
Jul 4, 2002
Radelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
WWTFC, Adel Utd, Redbacks

I don't think it will be Jim Carrey taking over. They didn't show any of his interview, and a quick 10 second shot right at the end of the episode.

Surely they would have shown him more if he was going to be in it next year??

Ferris_rules

Club Legend
Suspended
Aug 26, 2007
in a House, normally.
AFL Club
Adelaide

I don't think it will be Jim Carrey taking over. They didn't show any of his interview, and a quick 10 second shot right at the end of the episode.

Surely they would have shown him more if he was going to be in it next year??

Actually I thought the opposite, I thought the less exposure the better that he would be on the show next year.

Which I am not too thrilled about! :thumbsdown::(

Back