FTA-TV The Office (US) (2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: The Office (u.s)

Chunky Pam is not nice...
even though she is heavily preggers

I don't know if this will last. Need MS back..somehow..somewhere.

oh i do like how they have in the past few seasons managed to fit into the first ep the latest internet fad! It's been youtube for the past few seasons...

oh i do like how they have in the past few seasons managed to fit into the first ep the latest internet fad! It's been youtube for the past few seasons...

Yeah I've noticed that too, but it's always funny so it doesn't bother me.

Not sure what to think of James Spaders character yet, but it has only been one episode.

Lol'd at everything Dwight did and Andy/Kevin were pretty funny this ep as well.

NEEDS MORE CREED.

Loved it! Great first episode.

Spader is exactly what the show needed seven seasons in; an intelligent character for the other's craziness to play off of.

Jim: "He talked her out of her own job!"

Strangely enough, didn't notice Michael's lack of appearance from the season opener, and I think thats a good thing.

Loved the "...prove me right, prove me wrong," line :)

"Its just a doodle, People doodle houses, penises.... Funny how the houses are always colonials.... and the penises are always circumcised..."

"Left side ATTACK!!!!!"

Funny opener... didnt really notice MS absence...yet

Spader was great but didn't rate that ep at all.

Balance of comedy/serious stuff was out of whack for the US version. Got the feeling with Steve Carell gone they're going to be changing the tone of the show with less in your face 'slapstick' type comedy.

Started good but got progressively worse as it went along. Loved the planking start. Love Spaders character.

Just needed something extra.

so glad it's back :D

this provided some laughs too

[YOUTUBE]l2mQIne-90g[/YOUTUBE]

:thumbsu:

What's going on with Toby? Why does he look so...ill? Has the actor had cancer or something? He looks so bad!

Loving Robert California, hopefully they don't go overboard with him and keep him at a good level of insane/intelligent.

Yeah i noticed that as well, half way through season 7 he lost a lot of weight. But it could be just that. The older you get dramatic weight loss is more noticeable, especially on your face.

He was getting flabby in s6 and start of s7.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought it was great, really solid. The planking open wasn't as funny as Parkour in Season 6 though.

No more Jordan? I thought she was going to become a regular.

This season really has started off well, another great ep that actually feels like earlier seasons. You could slot this in 2 or 3 and you wouldn't blink twice - minus Michael not being there obviously.

My big problem with the show now is that it's too bloated with characters. You had half a dozen story lines in that episode that really went nowhere. It may be they'll be built upon as the season progresses, but as it is, it leads to really fractured episodes.

Didn't really care for the ep, something about it was just lame - the comedy felt too slapstick for my liking. The whole warehouse inventory story made Jim and Dwight look as dumb as Kevin; guess it was suppose to be funny but I cringed.

Opening was weird, didn't believe for a second Oscar would do that and wtf was with Kevin? I know he's suppose to be a bit slow but that was OTT idiotic; at this rate he's gonna end up being brain dead by the end of the season.

Bring back Todd Packer !

Btw is Paul Liberstein (Toby) sick or something? He looks terrible in the brief part he had at the end.

Yeah, pretty poor episode really. Doesnt make sense that Jim would get involved with all that sort of stuff. I liked the Andy/Darryl dialogue but that was it.

Yes, it was very out-of-character for Jim to join in the grease sliding. He's usually the most sensible person in the office, so it was weird that things went that far.

With the opening I think they were just trying to make a social statement & be funny at the same time. It wasn't funny, however.

I think something that the writers have really dropped the ball on in the last couple of seasons is the use of the secondary characters. Oscar used to be great in the first three seasons. Toby and the MS hijinks used to be genuinely funny. I enjoyed Phyllis' role in the first 4-5 seasons. Pre-corporate Ryan and even corporate Ryan was one of my favourite characters. But whats happened with these guys?

Oscars role in the last 2 seasons at least has been awful. I hate what his character is right now. Toby is barely seen anymore. Ryan...I really dont understand what the whole point of him being in the show is anymore. One obscure smartarse line every two weeks. Why bother? I dont get what his character is supposed to be. Phyllis has played pretty much zero part for a couple of seasons now. Creed has had one line total in 3 episodes.

I think theyve really dropped the ball on these characters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back