The Official 14/15 NBA Finals Warriors v Cavs Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does everyone see the Mozgov/Bogut battle going? I know Mozgov has the height on Bogut but Bogut probably has the strength. I think Bogut has to put up some big rebounding performances as Cleveland has really owned that area for a while now.

I've drifted in and out of the playoffs, this matchup looks like it will hold me.
Cavs in 7, Lebron is just too big too quick too strong for anyone the Dubs throw at him.

How does everyone see the Mozgov/Bogut battle going? I know Mozgov has the height on Bogut but Bogut probably has the strength. I think Bogut has to put up some big rebounding performances as Cleveland has really owned that area for a while now.
Bogut is probably better, but Mozgov is certainly underrated. Think they will probably rule each other out

This is one of those series which could go either way, and could be close or a roll over, pumped!

I really can't see who the Dubs have to stop LBJ he seems like he is on a mission

GSW in 7 think it could go either way we will find out early how good the East actually was

This will be LeBron's biggest test yet

07 he wasn't expected to win.

11 he had arguably his best team but choked.

14 he was valiant but had no help from his team.

He is about to go up against an almost 70 win team

If he falls to 2/6 in the Finals, although only one of those losses would be disastrous, it's not a good ratio.

I see the potential for him to average a trip-dub in this series, but it will be harder over the length of a longer series rather than a sweep.

Fasten your seat-belts.

LeBron currently 2/5 in finals. 2/6 would be a disaster for his image i reckon.

With the possible exception of 2011, I actually think he's pretty much shooting par.

2007 he deserves accolades for even getting that horrible team to the second round, let alone the Finals. Split two series against an all-time great Spurs team in 2013 & 2014, which is OK in my book. Farked up against the Mavs in 2011, but redeemed himself in 2012 against a loaded OKC.

This year he'll be the underwhelming favourite, so unless he lays an egg 2011 style I can't see his 'legacy' being tarnished.

Of course it's always a matter of context - if Love and Kyrie were fully fit, and the Cavs proceeded to bomb, then the blowtorch would inevitably be applied. With a banged-up team he's probably got a free swing this year.

His biggest test will probably be as GM LeBron at the end of the season. If he ends up overpaying TT, losing Love or advocating a dubious trade, then...

With the possible exception of 2011, I actually think he's pretty much shooting par.

2007 he deserves accolades for even getting that horrible team to the second round, let alone the Finals. Split two series against an all-time great Spurs team in 2013 & 2014, which is OK in my book. Farked up against the Mavs in 2011, but redeemed himself in 2012 against a loaded OKC.

This year he'll be the underwhelming favourite, so unless he lays an egg 2011 style I can't see his 'legacy' being tarnished.

Of course it's always a matter of context - if Love and Kyrie were fully fit, and the Cavs proceeded to bomb, then the blowtorch would inevitably be applied. With a banged-up team he's probably got a free swing this year.

His biggest test will probably be as GM LeBron at the end of the season. If he ends up overpaying TT, losing Love or advocating a dubious trade, then...

I agree with what you are saying. Five times LeBron has been to the finals and he has been great in all five series (apart from 11 i would say, but even then he wasn't terrible). But LeBron is huge on image, he wants to create a positive image of himself which will last. Going 2/6 in finals would be terrible for that image when you compare it to the other modern day greats.

MJ 6/6
Duncan 5/6
Kobe 5/7

Up against those numbers 2/6 is poor. I know it is a team game and LeBron can only do so much, but people will always look at those stats. LeBron will go into beast mode this series i expect and do everything he possibly can to win.

I am just not sure it will be enough.

Interesting that we finally get here and suddenly people are saying Cleveland can win or it will go seven games and what a series it will be.

I think Cleveland are no where near ready to take on GSW. Im saying GSW in 6 out of respect to LeBron but it could be over in 4 or 5.

The only thing I can think of that gets Cleveland over the line is that it's the Warriors first time. They are all virgins working under a rookie coach. So they could crumble under the pressure then come back next season and win it all.

So what im saying is I think the only way GSW lose is if they beat themselves.

Interesting that we finally get here and suddenly people are saying Cleveland can win or it will go seven games and what a series it will be.

I think Cleveland are no where near ready to take on GSW. Im saying GSW in 6 out of respect to LeBron but it could be over in 4 or 5.

The only thing I can think of that gets Cleveland over the line is that it's the Warriors first time. They are all virgins working under a rookie coach. So they could crumble under the pressure then come back next season and win it all.

So what im saying is I think the only way GSW lose is if they beat themselves.

The only thing I would say to this is that GSW looked very nervous at the start of series. I could see them losing their first game just because they play too fast and too many bad shots... If that happens it will most likely go 7 games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mozgov has a touch more range to his shooting and can be serviceable from mid range. The Dubs will let him shoot that all day long tho.

In terms of rebounding its not really Bogut, but Green who has to put up the numbers, or at least keep Thompson from the boards

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...warriors-fans--six-years-later-195259692.html

Promise to all the Warrior fans...we will figure this thing out...if it's the last thing we do we will figure it out

— Stephen Curry (@StephenCurry30) November 12, 2009

not a fan of this article. i mean, i think there are heaps of players who say the same thing, so eventually one promise will come to fruition. if Matthew Dellavedovas cavs win the title i expect the author to pen another article along the lines of "Curry breaks promise"

I won't be commenting much on this contest. I can't see myself barracking that hard against my favourite player in the league. So i'll have to wish for a GSW win with Delly playing well. It's going to be tight imo.

I won't be commenting much on this contest. I can't see myself barracking that hard against my favourite player in the league. So i'll have to wish for a GSW win with Delly playing well. It's going to be tight imo.

would you like me to threat ban you?

would you like me to threat ban you?
anigif_enhanced-buzz-12082-1360605880-0.gif

I'm hoping the Warriors can wipe the Cavs off the park in 5 or 6.

I'd like to see LeBron's legacy tarnished a bit by a large number of failures in the big series.

I'm hoping the Warriors can wipe the Cavs off the park in 5 or 6.

I'd like to see LeBron's legacy tarnished a bit by a large number of failures in the big series.

Why the bloke is a champion and a beast look what he did against Atlanta with Irving and Love out

I want Warriors to win but don't understand the LBJ hate he is one of the greats and it is a pleasure to watch him

Why the bloke is a champion and a beast look what he did against Atlanta with Irving and Love out

I want Warriors to win but don't understand the LBJ hate he is one of the greats and it is a pleasure to watch him

I'm not doubting his basketball skills but there are a few things I don't like about him, predominately from his early days. The debacle when he announced that he was going to Miami was cringe worthy, his attitude at times when games were lost, especially during the finals, there were a couple of times when he was previously with Cleveland that it looked like he had given up. As much as I dislike Kobe Bryant (and he is a Laker), I'd never see that from him, he would never surrender, a lot of time to the detriment to the Lakers. And there are a few other things as well. I find it hard to like or respect him as much as players from past eras such as Bird, Jordan, Malone (both), Olajuwan, O'Neal, Drexler, Wilkens and numerous others. I'm not saying I don't respect him, just not as much as those players, even though he maybe a better player than them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back