The Official 2014 Non-Playoffs/Off Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Lakers again recycling numbers

Lin will don #17, last made famous by pre-bowling andrew bynum, and nba legend before him Rick Fox.

ts_140724lin_kupchak.jpg

Here you can see Ed Davis.

ts_140723eddavis_mitch.jpg

but someone aint happy with this

IFWT_Duhon-5.jpg

And on Ray Allen, maybe nbaman1 was right - he is a gloryhunter.

left boston to play in miami in quest for ring
left miami for cavs in quest for ring

Absolutely nothing wrong with that at this point in his career, nor anyone in a similar position.

Some elect to try and get as many cheques as they can before it's time, others try and get as much jewellery as they can.

Considering Ray isn't a starter. Noooope

so no trade for 30 days

*sigh*

ok, so if ray ray signs with the cavs then the bench will be fairly strong (in 2 possies at least):

Bench:
C: ?????
F: ????
F: Wiggins
G: Allen
G: ?????

And on Ray Allen, maybe nbaman1 was right - he is a gloryhunter.

left boston to play in miami in quest for ring
left miami for cavs in quest for ring

Wiggins wont come off the bench, he will start SG

Wiggins wont come off the bench, he will start SG

Waiters is gonna have a solid sook if that is the case, hope for the Cavs sake it doesn't last a season if he is still there.

Imo they would to stupid not to start Wiggins who offers better defence, length at the 2 and isnt as ball dominant as Waiters, plus he is the most hyped number 1 draft pick in some time

Waiters needs to find a new home, too talented

If there both there I think they'll start Waiters in the beginning to keep him happy, then if Wiggins is playing starter level ball, or simply better than Dion, they will make the switch and Dion will just have to deal with it as he was given the shot.

Then again the way things are going it might just come down to who LBJ wants to start :p

pretty weak. you are given the chance to play for your country, and decline with no injury to speak of
He did get injured last time at their training camps and if he was to suffer a semi serious injury the clips would be farked. Plus now he can do more bicep curls and calve raises

Does Kupchak remind anyone else of John Malkovich in this photo?

Looks like his having a rough time anyway, the Lakers > Lolkers transition seems to have hit him as hard as anyone :p

If there both there I think they'll start Waiters in the beginning to keep him happy, then if Wiggins is playing starter level ball, or simply better than Dion, they will make the switch and Dion will just have to deal with it as he was given the shot.

Then again the way things are going it might just come down to who LBJ wants to start :p
What about Ray Ray? Didn't he leave Boston because he didn't want to back up a young kid (Bradley)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about Ray Ray? Didn't he leave Boston because he didn't want to back up a young kid (Bradley)

There was more to that than starting though wasn't there? Wasn't getting along very well at all with Rondo either in the end as far as I remember.

There was more to that than starting though wasn't there? Wasn't getting along very well at all with Rondo either in the end as far as I remember.
Yeah I know. But from memory it was part of it. Dude is done anyway. Anything he gives offensively will cost his team double up the other.

Yeah he's going to be playing * all minutes if he goes to Cleveland for that reason. Especially if Wiggins and Waiters are still both there.

Not sure why your bringing it up though?

Yeah I know. But from memory it was part of it. Dude is done anyway. Anything he gives offensively will cost his team double up the other.

jesus! jesus was a "heat" less than 4 weeks ago! you guys sure hate on players as soon as they leave. harsh!

jesus! jesus was a "heat" less than 4 weeks ago! you guys sure hate on players as soon as they leave. harsh!
Not really. Haven't said anything about the others. He was done last year playing for us. Glad he's not on our roster again but was hoping he'd retire for his sake. It will be sad watching a guy like him just ride the pine all season.

Yeah he's going to be playing * all minutes if he goes to Cleveland for that reason. Especially if Wiggins and Waiters are still both there.

Not sure why your bringing it up though?
Because he will be sitting behind 2 youngsters. Id imagine his thoughts have changed now that he's pushing 40. Was just being a smart arse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back