The Official 2014 Non-Playoffs/Off Season Thread

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Oh look the NBA has given the joke of a team known as the Lakers 20 national TV games again.

No Adam Silver, we do not want to watch an almost past it Kobe, a washed up Boozer and a multitude of other scrubs on days when the big games should be on.

Get ****ed

dimensions

Rookie
Jun 16, 2007
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
Oh look the NBA has given the joke of a team known as the Lakers 20 national TV games again.

No Adam Silver, we do not want to watch an almost past it Kobe, a washed up Boozer and a multitude of other scrubs on days when the big games should be on.

Get ******
Lakers still sell, especially with Kobe... lol

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Lakers still sell, especially with Kobe... lol
Everywhere I looked last season people were pissed at the Lakers being on. While Kobe is still immensely popular, I highly doubt the team as a whole is. A lot of Kobe love and that's about it. This is me talking internationally of course where fans are a lot more fickle.

The Wizards and Pelicans have twelve all up. They're much better to watch.

dimensions

Rookie
Jun 16, 2007
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
Everywhere I looked last season people were pissed at the Lakers being on. While Kobe is still immensely popular, I highly doubt the team as a whole is. A lot of Kobe love and that's about it. This is me talking internationally of course where fans are a lot more fickle.

You only hear the bad and never the good, it's like any workplace 95% of the feedback you get is bad. End of the day, Kobe Bryant still topped jersey sales last season (top 3) Lakers have also made the third most profit from last season. NBA is still a money game, it's all about profit.

I'd rather watch them two teams also, but what can you do...

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels

Yeah, I can get on board with this.

For the first time in 20 years the Lakers are irrelevant. For the first time in at least that long, Nawlins and Washington actually have a chance to be relevant.

If Lakers fans want to watch Kobe's swansong, they can do what fans of every other team do and pay for private streams. If other teams can't garner more exposure on the rare occasion that LA actually does rebuild, when can they 'earn' it?

Blech.

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
You only hear the bad and never the good, it's like any workplace 95% of the feedback you get is bad. End of the day, Kobe Bryant still topped jersey sales last season (top 3) Lakers have also made the third most profit from last season. NBA is still a money game, it's all about profit.

I'd rather watch them two teams also, but what can you do...
I think Boston would be similar yet we're on TV once. Not that I care because I have league pass and we're pretty awful to watch, just seems like the Lakers are different to everyone else.....

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
this year will be a watershed one for the new lakers

First time in a long time that you won't have a head coach named 'Mike' who is vaguely associated with potatoes or potato-related products?

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Kobe accounts for about 95% of profit, he's the answer.

No that's this guy

iverson-3-1.jpg

Whatever happened to The_Answer3 anyway? Provided many a lulz.

Back on topic, it's difficult to tell whom the Lakers biggest drawcard is now -Kobe or Linsanity? Boozer and Sacre tied for third.

nufan

Norm Smith Medallist
May 4, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Pelicans, Tottenham
Couldn't care less. Don't want to see the rabble on TV
Speaking as an international fan or a Boston fan now?? You seem overly upset by just the Lakers here.
Toronto, Atlanta, Sacramento, Charlotte, Detroit, Minnesota, New Orleans, Boston, Memphis, Utah, Milwaukee, Orlando & Philly...

... have 20 'nationally' (ESPN/TNT) televised games combined.

Wow.
Thank * for league pass.

Also, if you think about it. Toronto probably have 82 Nationally televised games

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Also, if you think about it. Toronto probably have 82 Nationally televised games

Touche!

It's just like the time the U.S. held their national grammar rodeo in Canada.

bartontheroad_07.jpg

Oi nah Lakers yeah Kobe yeh :)

It irks me.

Spare a thought for poor Memphis.

Perennial 50-win team, play hard every night, yet the Lakers have 20 times more TV appearances. Marc to follow his brother's footsteps again in 3, 2, 1....

Speaking of Memphis, here's a fun trip down memory lane for all resident Grizzly fans anyone who is bored -

http://www.grizzlybearblues.com/201...ies-coolest-jersey-history-vancouver-uniforms

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Speaking as an international fan or a Boston fan now?? You seem overly upset by just the Lakers here.

Thank **** for league pass.

International fan. Would much rather be able to be somewhere, and find a good bunch of teams on. The Lakers aren't that. Just irritating.

Back