The OFFICIAL 2015 Preseason Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

There are several players out on the oval messing about with footballs and dong some sort of calisthenics.
Exactly the type of quality feedback this board craves. Thanks RobZombie.

NORTH’S 2015 FREE AGENTS:
Michael Firrito
Nathan Grima
Brent Harvey
Scott McMahon
Drew Petrie
Andrew Swallow
Robbie Tarrant

Not too many concerns with that list, despite AFL.com saying we are one of the most vulnerable next year.
Apart from maybe Greenwood our list management has been very good i would have thought.

Been at training two seconds and already had Lachie kick the ball at me.
Jeez, now Heath has got Loogie Hensons on board to do his dirty work. Training watching is now only for the courageous North diehards. Julian Assange is still in the Ecuadorian Embassy in fear of Heath and his henchmen. I heard Phillyroo is seeking asylum at the Embassy Bar in town. S2A has clearly been marked as the next whistleblower target. Stay safe guys. Arden Street is a dangerous place.

Pretty nothing session other than the aforementioned dong calisthenics.

The stuff the physio was doing to Grima, I hope he at least bought him dinner afterwards.

Majak's triceps should have their own postcode.

Harper has been delisted and Majak kicked 6 on debut and backed it up in another game. (Answer: things I learned listening to random supporters..)

There was a tall left-footer kid in a moonboot who seemed to fit in well. No idea who he was.

Nielson looks developed enough to play 3rd tall now.

Lindsay Thomas has a very un-AFL bodyshape.

Highlight was the first beep test. A few did better than I thought like Goldstein and Ziebell. Then it came down to Higgins, Boomer, Gibson. Then to Boomer, Gibson, Then just to Gibson, Gibson. He practically ran an extra beep test after everyone else was done. Freak.

Scott Mc won the beep test for the rest, who I'm assuming are those who aren't so good at beep tests.

Luke has filled out, mainly through the legs. I wish Hazey1977 could've been there to verify however.

Currie, Durdin and Mullett would all be contenders for skinniest legs in the AFL. (Hazey doesn't like this) Ben Brown isn't far behind them. Love the kid but he does not have an AFL body. Any chance of wiring his brain into Majak?

Most of the footy drills took place on the far wing from the gym so hard to make out much other than who was doing well in kick to kick, random handball games or running with an elastic band around them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Higgins looking very fit. Grima also looks to have packed a bit of muscle on.

Think it might be the tan but yes, for a second I had to double check if it was Tarrant or Grima. Again, I think it was because of the tan.

There was a well-built kid there that Rob and I couldn't recognise, apparently was a guy from the AIS academy. Very strong, looked like Tippett, and had a moon boot on.

Not sure about that mate. Tippett would have 15-20kg on that kid.

Pretty nothing session other than the aforementioned dong calisthenics.

Most of the footy drills took place on the far wing from the gym so hard to make out much

GOD that's annoying! Same as the 'family day' last year. Guys, if you're going to SPAM my email advertising an open training session, how about you make it worth us coming down? Run some entertaining drills, do the bulk of training over near the fans, have some tricky goal kicking practice.... I can go down to the local oval to watch a bunch of blokes run in a circle.

GOD that's annoying! Same as the 'family day' last year. Guys, if you're going to SPAM my email advertising an open training session, how about you make it worth us coming down? Run some entertaining drills, do the bulk of training over near the fans, have some tricky goal kicking practice.... I can go down to the local oval to watch a bunch of blokes run in a circle.
Some people are just never happy.

Apparently they've still got another three sets before they're done.

Too many flies around & I've gotta head to work, so I'm bailing.

Snag was delish.

Liam Anthony has bulked up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back