• Stephen Curry vs Kyrie Irving

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Stephen Curry's legs vs Matthew "ankle breaker" Dellavedova

Votes: 33 37.1%
  • Kendrick Perkins vs David Lee

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Coach Kerr vs Coach LeBron

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Shumpert and JR Smith vs the 2019 2nd rd Draft pick the Knicks traded them for

Votes: 13 14.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn't matter. Should Wade have won the Finals MVP in 2011 when he was better than Dirk?

The difference was a lot closer, this series LeBron was the best player by that dar it wasn't funny.... You have to do something insanely special to win it in a losing team and this was the occasion for then to acknowledge that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LeBron and ball hog in the same sentence.

I've heard it all now. Piss off out of this thread and return when you've got a clue.
I can't believe u posted something 100% correct

The difference was a lot closer, this series LeBron was the best player by that dar it wasn't funny.... You have to do something insanely special to win it in a losing team and this was the occasion for then to acknowledge that.
I would agree if the series had of gone to 7 games and it was a close finish.

Fact of the matter is Lebron did nothing to win the game today in the 4th
He did nothing to win the game in 0T of game 1
And he didnt do enough in game 4 or 5.

Why should he be the mvp?

MVP is a little bewildering when you think about it. Iggy defended a guy who averaged over 37pts a game and he made some open shots (lots of wide open shots) while 3-4 Cav's chased Curry around the court :confused:

I would say the main thing Iggy did was perform way way above expectations, which was still below both Curry and LBJ.

Cause he still did more than everyone else :confused:

Anyone bagging LeBron should be banned from the basketball threads cause they r clearly dumb campaigners. Ball hog? Who had the most assists from both sides and throw in the fact he found that many dudes open who blew easy shots.
Get the * out of the forum. Without LBJ its a sweep.
Haters r pathetic.
Also to the dick who said he still hasn't won without 2 superstars... well neither has MJ so * off

Because he was the most important and best performed individual player from either team... the best performed team wins the Ring the MVP is an individual award and not team award.

Anyone bagging LeBron should be banned from the basketball threads cause they r clearly dumb campaigners. Ball hog? Who had the most assists from both sides and throw in the fact he found that many dudes open who blew easy shots.
Get the **** out of the forum. Without LBJ its a sweep.
Haters r pathetic.
Also to the dick who said he still hasn't won without 2 superstars... well neither has MJ so **** off

I also refer to BJ Armstrong as a superstar (y)

So I am a casual Basketball follower who doesn't have a particular team, but followed the series and thought I'd give my thoughts for what they are worth.

The Aussies
Neither would be particularly happy with how they finished, though Delly by far had the better series despite Bogut ending up with the ring. Bogut's series is far simpler to explain. He was ineffective against the Cavs bigs (who it should be said were both backups with the Cavs first choice starters both injured) and then faded to being a spectator, albeit with the best seats in the house.

Delly had a far more interesting series. I think he was an example of what Nathan Buckley was talking about a week or two ago on AFL 360 regarding the fickle nature of sports media and fans, and how things are neither as good or as bad as they are being reported. He Started out being underutilised in Game 1 with only 10 minutes, then had a big game 2 and 3 following that injury. Then I thought two key things happened between games 3 & 4. One Delly got hospitilised with exhaustian and dehydration (because his coach either couldn't or wouldn't go deeper than 7-8 players) and Curry got offended that a no name guy on a fraction of his salary had out played him (or more to the point out worked him) and that people were commenting on it. After that he didn't get back to those heights, Curry pulled his finger out and Delly's shooting and energy dropped off a bit. Still it should be pointed out that he had the toughest task out there being asked to replace an All Star and do battle for five matches against the season MVP. The true test for him though is going to be how he grows from this in subsequent seasons. Seems though that he has a fan in James

The MVPs
I felt that Curry got shown up by James in the series, largely through work ethic. It can be said that James didn't have a choice given the injuries to the Cavs, but James dug in through the series and had a big impact for his team and on the series. Curry, particularly early, didn't seem interested in putting in the work, and perhaps didn't show enough respect Delly in games two and three. It took him getting offended by the narrative of the early part of the series for him to pull his finger out, but I still never saw in him that effect where he wanted to take his team on his back and say follow me when their backs where against the wall. I think if he and James had have swapped places that the Cavs would have gone as far as they did with the players they had available with Curry.

The Coaches
I think Blatt got out coached by Kerr. As I mentioned early he either couldn't or wouldn't go deeper into his bench than 7 or 8 players, and that showed late in games and later in the series as the gas tanks ran out for the Cavs players. He also allowed Kerr to dictate the matches after Kerr made the inspired decision to go with a smaller line up in game 4, moving away from the strengths that got them a 2-1 lead early. To be totally honest I haven't really been that impressed with Blatt and it's tough to assess. He got his team to the Finals, but how much of that is due to Blatt's talent, or his luck in having James on his team is hard to tell.

Overall it was a good finals series, and the right team probably won. It's often said to win a premiership or championship title you need talent, skill, depth and luck, and the Warriors definitely had all four this season. Now on to the NBA's silly season.

Because he was the most important and best performed individual player from either team... the best performed team wins the Ring the MVP is an individual award and not team award.
1969 - Jerry West - last time it went to a loser.

Lebron might have been the BEST player out there - but he wasnt the most valuable.

Everything he did was of 0 value to his team - because they didnt get a ring. Every shot he made, every assist he dished off had no value - because all it got them was 2nd place

Back