The OFFICIAL 2015 Preseason Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo were missing Ballantyne & Walters.

Gotta disagree there. Rewatched this game recently and we played really well as a unit. Very committed from start to finish and out-Freo'd Freo in some ways, although Carey felt we were not any sort of influence that lead to Freo's performance. We were missing our 3 previous B&Fs if you didn't notice.

The team effort was so good - even Bastinac was going hard at it.

Gotta disagree there. Rewatched this game recently and we played really well as a unit. Very committed from start to finish and out-Freo'd Freo in some ways, although Carey felt we were not any sort of influence that lead to Freo's performance. We were missing our 3 previous B&Fs if you didn't notice.

Yeah, but it only matters when the other team misses players.

We beat Hawthorn last season with Liam Anthony, Scott McMahon, Ben Jacobs amongst other who have little to no business playing seniors.

Ie: We rightly go in as a top 4 and flag contender.

I believe.

That is called depth.

Finals aside, this was my favourite win.

Probably helped that I was watching it with my missus Johannalovesbeer & my Freo supporting brother & his missus.

We both support each other's teams as our 'second team' but we rarely watch our own teams games amongst friends because we both get a bit worked up & like to concentrate on the footy, let alone a game against each other.

So it was a tense final quarter. Plus I was fifteen schooners deep, so it was nice to come out with the win & still be on speaking terms with my bro & his better half.

No doubt is our best is easily good enough.

Problem is our worst is way below what is required, even knowing all good teams have off days.

That still scares me a bit in 2015. Until we can bring that bottom standard up a cog or two we won't be playing in a GF.

I think we can. It's not inconsistency due to young group, it's more a mental thing I'm assuming and hopefully more talent and depth this year and talent this year raises confidence even further.

To save us all time, let's just assume this from now on. Let us know when you're sober.
Safe assumption. Blokes at Arden street said some guy rocked up with music in the background. No real words just:

Doo, bow bow, chick chicka chicka
Doo, bow bow, chick chicka chicka

Looked like this:
mark beer.jpg

I'd rather shag Jennifer Hawkins than see North win the flag.
What you talking about Willis? It'd be over in 20 secs! good bragging rights though. I got a mate who banged a famous supermodel before she was famous (they're still friends) the story precedes him though and he kinda wishes it never happened.

Sorry mate, i completely agree, our performance that night was awesome.

Led by Gibbo! Yikes.

My post was more a response to kimbo being concerned that we may not be able to replicate our wins against the so called top 4 teams.

It was a s**t ambiguous post, not for the first time.

All our wins were awesome, all our losses were horrible etc etc, i just thought i'd add the opposition players who missed for some balance. I am acutely aware of the players we were missing but as we are on the North board, I assume we all know who we was missing so didnt feel the need to go there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What you talking about Willis? It'd be over in 20 secs! good bragging rights though. I got a mate who banged a famous supermodel before she was famous (they're still friends) the story precedes him though and he kinda wishes it never happened.
who was it who was it who was it?

My post was more a response to kimbo being concerned that we may not be able to replicate our wins against the so called top 4 teams.

It was a s**t ambiguous post, not for the first time.
I assume you're talking about your post not mine. Mine are s**t unambiguous.

All our wins were awesome, all our losses were horrible etc etc, i just thought i'd add the opposition players who missed for some balance. I am acutely aware of the players we were missing but as we are on the North board, I assume we all know who we was missing so didnt feel the need to go there.
Problem is you're up against an "already listening" that says Arjen doesn't credit our guys (or at least Gibson) enough, so leaving one side out plays into that listening.

I assume you're talking about your post not mine. Mine are s**t unambiguous.

Problem is you're up against an "already listening" that says Arjen doesn't credit our guys (or at least Gibson) enough, so leaving one side out plays into that listening.

Was talking about my post, and I know i'm biased.

@training if anyone has any questions

Was talking about my post, and I know i'm biased.

@training if anyone has any questions
Just left.

They are really punishing the boys. I was there for about an hour, during which they were doing a mix of game sense stuff and running. Initially the game sense stuff consisted of 12 on 12 in a confined space. They basically cut off the wings and one forward line and had the guys try to work the ball through the corridor off the half back line. It was good at times with some excellent usage. This lasted for about 20 minutes afterwhich they broke up into 4 groups to run 4x400's with a minutes break in between.

After that they went into what was virtually a full ground game sense session. One of 4 coaches would inbound the ball at a designated point (CHF, wing x2, back pocket) and then game would ensue. This again went for about 20 mins afterwhich they ran 2X600's (a guess). Lads are getting flogged.

Harps, Garner, Daw, Brown, EVW, Ziebell and LT were on the sidelines doing running and agility stuff. Beast getting significant one on one training in sharp marking, short kicking, boxing and bike (rinse/repeat). Fordham and Turner were doing their own running and would at times get involved in the game sense stuff. Preuss and Durdin well involved in the game sense work and looking good. Impressed with Preuss' strength and marking.

Taz looks great and pretty comfortable down back. He certainly knows how to play the game and get into the right spots to support his team mates. Higgins did some good things, one lovely hit up to a leading forward after a Cunners blind (seemingly) looped handball from the middle of a pack right into his path.

Happy to pass on further info if wanted too.

Just left.

They are really punishing the boys. I was there for about an hour, during which they were doing a mix of game sense stuff and running. Initially the game sense stuff consisted of 12 on 12 in a confined space. They basically cut off the wings and one forward line and had the guys try to work the ball through the corridor off the half back line. It was good at times with some excellent usage. This lasted for about 20 minutes afterwhich they broke up into 4 groups to run 4x400's with a minutes break in between.

After that they went into what was virtually a full ground game sense session. One of 4 coaches would inbound the ball at a designated point (CHF, wing x2, back pocket) and then game would ensue. This again went for about 20 mins afterwhich they ran 2X600's (a guess). Lads are getting flogged.

Harps, Garner, Daw, Brown, EVW, Ziebell and LT were on the sidelines doing running and agility stuff. Beast getting significant one on one training in sharp marking, short kicking, boxing and bike (rinse/repeat). Fordham and Turner were doing their own running and would at times get involved in the game sense stuff. Preuss and Durdin well involved in the game sense work and looking good. Impressed with Preuss' strength and marking.

Taz looks great and pretty comfortable down back. He certainly knows how to play the game and get into the right spots to support his team mates. Higgins did some good things, one lovely hit up to a leading forward after a Cunners blind (seemingly) looped handball from the middle of a pack right into his path.

Great work.

1 - Wells doing everything?

2 - Hansen doing everything?

3 - Durdin down back in the game drills?

4 - Was Drew around, if so what was he doing?

Just left.

Oh and was Wood out there?

Great work.

1 - Wells doing everything?

2 - Hansen doing everything?

3 - Durdin down back in the game drills?

4 - Was Drew around, if so what was he doing?
No sign of Wells, Hansen, Grima, Thompson, Adams, Nielsen, Wood, Mullet and Macmillan was doing very little on the sidelines.

Durdin was playing both defence and forward in the first game semse session as they would just mix up which team was attacking/defending. He was predominantly forward for the second one. He looked good. Moves well and looks to be a smart footballer.

Dish was out there doing everything. Much the same roles as Durdin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back