The OFFICIAL 2015 Preseason Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

They generally train from about 11am during the week however the days aren't consistent.

Is anyone seriously concerned about the amount of guys we've had in injury rehab and modified programs this pre-season?

Nope.

Best players are in full training......the others should be right to go before round 1.

Touch.......
Services-ex-06.png

Is anyone seriously concerned about the amount of guys we've had in injury rehab and modified programs this pre-season?

Yep, the competition is so even that the pre-seaon is so crucial and losing greenwood and mullet for the next 4 months wont help either, lucky we have the cricket world cup and games start later this year but you have to wonder if players like black , jack , hansen should of went in for surgery sooner
i dont think many people realize how many players have had an interrupted pre-season this year.

Well they like to have official "Open Training sessions" but during these players usually do running or basic skills or something simple. The "closed", non advertised sessions is where the interesting stuff happens. I suppose its a gentleman's agreement thing for other clubs not to come and watch these "closed" sessions and posting times for them on the website would be inviting scouts. In saying that the club doesn't turn any North fans away from these sessions. (Insert Phillyroo jokes here)

?

Ziebell, Petrie, Black, Hansen and probably a couple of others I missed are best 22 players and they have not been in full training.

Ok....most of the best 22 are on the track.

Drew's been held back just a little to be safe, he has been doing some of the game sense stuff. Ziebell and Black are 1-2 weeks away from full training. Hansen is still 4-5 weeks away.

I'm not concerned.......the injury list is only relevant to me when we are heading into Round 1.

?

Ziebell, Petrie, Black, Hansen and probably a couple of others I missed are best 22 players and they have not been in full training.
On the plus side with Ziebell, he's had the chance to do a lot of running. Will be interesting to see if that helps with his aerobic capacity and midfield time.

On the plus side with Ziebell, he's had the chance to do a lot of running. Will be interesting to see if that helps with his aerobic capacity and midfield time.
Saunders states that Jack is moving better than ever, so thats good. He will likely blow up a bit once he gets into game simulation but should have plenty of time to get up to speed. Black and Taz are flying, Brown, Daw, Thompson and Thomas are all running and looking good. The ones i am concerned about are Hansen and Grima, but both are naturally gifted runners so should be fighting fit come mid season.

Been to training a few times and the majority of the lads look a million bucks. Never seen them look this good this early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why doesnt the club post training times on website?

Really got to think of people who live further away.

Promote the club

I agree. I've been planning to visit training all summer but have no idea when it is on.

Yeah Ive been keen to get down there too but have no idea when they train

Yeah I kinda ruined it for everyone I guess... Sorry guys.
This definitely won't help, but watching training is really bloody interesting. For example a couple of times last year I walked away thinking Levi (I know he's gone, but this is the example I thought of) was flying, and sure enough on game day he was ripping it apart.

Ziebell is going to have a much bigger role to play this year with the loss of Levi. For him to have a pass year I think he needs to be up his possession count and have less games where he gets sub 20 disposals.

I agree, but also think Bastinac will go back to full time mid, and a fit and firing Swallow will help. Oh and Wells goes alright too.

I agree, but also think Bastinac will go back to full time mid, and a fit and firing Swallow will help. Oh and Wells goes alright too.
Basti is the one who i think will benefit the most from Levi's departure. Tipping a big year.

Plus Froggy waiting in the wings, and Garner once fully fit.

Basti needs to increase his defensive output, when he plays as a genuine mid he too often has tackles that don't stick and efforts that aren't acceptable. Gets bumped off the footy way too easily.

While I have no doubt he can get his hands on the pill, I doubt he would be in the midfield of any of the other teams from the top 6 this year.

Did anyone catch the Shaun Higgins interview on SEN's Morning Glory show today? I didn't but I presume there's a podcast up if anyone can post it.

Basti needs to increase his defensive output, when he plays as a genuine mid he too often has tackles that don't stick and efforts that aren't acceptable. Gets bumped off the footy way too easily.

While I have no doubt he can get his hands on the pill, I doubt he would be in the midfield of any of the other teams from the top 6 this year.

Fair call. He does have some defensive deficiencies.

Though i hope that being the sub in the biggest games of his life to date is the kick in the pants he needs.

Fair call. He does have some defensive deficiencies.

Though i hope that being the sub in the biggest games of his life to date is the kick in the pants he needs.

he has proven in the past that when given a role he can do it both defensively and offensively. I think the biggest thing with basti is that consistency….not so much consistency in finding the footy, but mental consistency and physical consistency. I hope he has put on a few more kilos, I think if he got that 5-10% stronger and bigger his output would be a lot better.

Basti is looking bigger already this year which I think will be important for him. Don't think he'll ever be a great defensive player so he'll need to lift his offensive game; disposal count, goal assists etc.

I am intrigued by Higgins. It could really be a boom or bust scenario.

If we can get the best out of him, it will be huge for us he is damaging, fast and I think he is quite courageous. If he breaks down and doesn't get out on the park he could be one player who doesn't play after thirty considering his past.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back