The OFFICIAL 2015 Preseason Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Basti is looking bigger already this year which I think will be important for him. Don't think he'll ever be a great defensive player so he'll need to lift his offensive game; disposal count, goal assists etc.

needs to take his oppurtunities forward of centre too, has the tools to kick a goal a game but often misses when he has the opportunities.

I am intrigued by Higgins. It could really be a boom or bust scenario.

If we can get the best out of him, it will be huge for us he is damaging, fast and I think he is quite courageous. If he breaks down and doesn't get out on the park he could be one player who doesn't play after thirty considering his past.
In the last 6 years he has played 20, 17, 18, 19, 3 and 20 games, so his injury prone status is a little overblown imo.

needs to take his oppurtunities forward of centre too, has the tools to kick a goal a game but often misses when he has the opportunities.
Yeah misses a lot of shots on goal but also creates a lot of opportunities since him and Wells are our only inside mids that can actually crumb.

In the last 6 years he has played 20, 17, 18, 19, 3 and 20 games, so his injury prone status is a little overblown imo.
He's in the Grima bracket for injuries not the Gumbleton one. Plays enough games and has enough talent to never have his spot on the list questioned but it's not exactly a surprise when you hear he's injured again.

Whilst that's true, I'd think there are a fair few games in there where he was carrying something or not at full fitness due to lack of pre-season etc.

I know I've seen him resting up forward or on bench quite a lot in his games, and/or not moving at his best. Think this contributes to the "injury prone" calls

Ok....most of the best 22 are on the track.

Drew's been held back just a little to be safe, he has been doing some of the game sense stuff. Ziebell and Black are 1-2 weeks away from full training. Hansen is still 4-5 weeks away.

I'm not concerned.......the injury list is only relevant to me when we are heading into Round 1.
IT has to be of some concern as it means they will be less prepared than others, particularly our opponents who have not had so many of their best players miss a lot of the pre-season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nyet, free entry for members (but the usual costs apply if booking reserved seats).
Cheers.

It would help if the AFL made this plain in their advertising. Received an SMS (as a member) telling me that tickets had gone on sale, which confused me (an easy thing to do).

Do we have to pay for the pre-season games if we have a membership?
On the ticketing front, does anyone know when tickets go on sale for the Rd 1 game at Adelaide Oval? Will they be hard to acquire? Was thinking of spending easter there...

Via Twitter:

Did you know? #NMFC boasts the most experienced list in the league, averaging 90.43 games per senior-listed player...

...take out Brent Harvey (384) games, and all of a sudden #NMFC drops to fifth for experience - http://t.co/rUjk713NBf, remarkable!

Via Twitter:

Did you know? #NMFC boasts the most experienced list in the league, averaging 90.43 games per senior-listed player...

...take out Brent Harvey (384) games, and all of a sudden #NMFC drops to fifth for experience - http://t.co/rUjk713NBf, remarkable!
They knew I was thinking of what Boomer added. Well played.

On the ticketing front, does anyone know when tickets go on sale for the Rd 1 game at Adelaide Oval? Will they be hard to acquire? Was thinking of spending easter there...

That's my plan also. Head there for Easter, leave the missus and kids with the inlaws out in the Adelaide 'burbs, and (hopefully) head to the footy with my bro in law, as long as we can snare tickets.

Any of you punks at the advertised training today?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back