The Official BigFooty Boston Celtics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Neither here nor there for me. Any slim chance of making the playoffs goes out the window but at the same time I guess we'd rather have a top 5 pick in the draft rather than be a first round playoff exit team with pick 15.

Rondo frustrated me with his lack of shot improvement and inconsistency. (One game he has 12/10/15, next he has 2/3/7)
We weren't going to get much for him in my opinion and we didn't. However saying that it's sad to see him go, as he has had some great performances and helped win us a title. I think he'll thrive more with better players around him at Dallas like he did with pierce/kg/ray

Anyway, who are top FA's this year?

Neither here nor there for me. Any slim chance of making the playoffs goes out the window but at the same time I guess we'd rather have a top 5 pick in the draft rather than be a first round playoff exit team with pick 15.

Rondo frustrated me with his lack of shot improvement and inconsistency. (One game he has 12/10/15, next he has 2/3/7)
We weren't going to get much for him in my opinion and we didn't. However saying that it's sad to see him go, as he has had some great performances and helped win us a title. I think he'll thrive more with better players around him at Dallas like he did with pierce/kg/ray

Anyway, who are top FA's this year?

Doubtful we will get a top 5 pick.. if Cleveland got another 1st pick on a slim % of a chance of getting drawn out of that bingo barrel last year than what hope do we have.

Lets hope we can trade some bench players and picks (we have 9 first rd picks in 4 years) or make these picks work.. my biggest concern is a lot are conditional..

Doubtful we will get a top 5 pick.. if Cleveland got another 1st pick on a slim % of a chance of getting drawn out of that bingo barrel last year than what hope do we have.

Lets hope we can trade some bench players and picks (we have 9 first rd picks in 4 years) or make these picks work.. my biggest concern is a lot are conditional..
After I posted it I realised there's no we are anywhere near as bad as Philly, Detroit, New York, Minny and Charlotte.

Would anyone consider stephenson? Charlotte would consider trading him.. I would throw up one of our worst 1st rd conditional picks

Our thread title is lacking.. hows The official Boston Celtics Thread:
- Our coach looks younger than some of our players..

- Home of the Conditional first round picks.

- 17 rings and counting.

- In Ainge we trust. The rebuild era.

Any others?

Marcus Smart shows form when not running the plays.. 11pts 6reb 2ast (coming off the bench). Might be a SG rather than a pg.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First round
Boston
Brooklyn
Minnesota (protected 1-12 for '15 & '16)
Clippers
Dallas (protected 1-3 & 13-30)
Philadelphia (lottery protected selection 1-14)
phoenix (Conditional)

second round
Boston, Phili, Washington

1st rd
Boston
Brooklyn
Minnesota (protected 1-12. If not taken then becomes 2 second rd)
Cleveland (top 10 protected until 2019)
Dallas (1-7 protected if not available in 2015)

2nd rd
Phili, Minnesota, miami, cleveland, dallas.

Cannot believe we are close to securing a playoff spot with our rabble of a squad. No All-Star.. no worries.

It's because they aren't a rabble as people make out. A rabble has no direction. Stevens gives them that.

I'm glad we have him tied up for a long time.

It's because they aren't a rabble as people make out. A rabble has no direction. Stevens gives them that.

I'm glad we have him tied up for a long time.

I dont envy his job though. No genuine Captain or all star to rely on.

He's a player a team that is close to contending or plans on contending within the next two to three years should be looking at.

Contending is probably a while away for us.

Turning Pierce's TPE into Tyler Zeller and Isiah Thomas is exceptional management from Ainge.

IT's contract is amazing and when the cap lifts next season he will be making the equivalent of a $4M player this season, for 18ppg and 5apg I'll take that every day of the week. Plus he's still only 26 and is under contract for the next 4 years.

If our culture and Brad Stevens can curtail IT's "one man show" mentality and not let the move detract from what we're trying to do with Smart and Young, we might really have something here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back