The Official BigFooty Boston Celtics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Strangely enough, Simmons posted on Reddit that Wallace is very well liked amongst the playing group (he hosted the Celtics charity dinner)

Strangely enough, Simmons posted on Reddit that Wallace is very well liked amongst the playing group (he hosted the Celtics charity dinner)

just on another note i love that the biggest basketball nerd is a celtics fan, its so easy to find out about our history outside of bird and russell

820772898.gif

So, Aigne is again denying Rondo trade rumours.

But where there's smoke, there's fire.

I'm yet to see a Rondo trade rumour I like.

Someone give me a potential Rondo trade that makes sense for both teams, is realistic, and leaves the Celtics in a good position to rebuild around a quality player.

how long till, (and how awful do the knicks and nets have to be) before the team(read ainge) says * it lets actually try for the playoffs?

i think he is in a wait and see mode here, if they did try a 'make the playoffs' mode i don't think they will make many moves, and hope they find a trading partner in this years draft (unlikely) with an earlier pick willing to do a deal for our assets in the nets trade

whereas the tank job will require a further stripping of those assets (maybe bass and/or green?),

just curious to hear everyones opinion

The good thing is, if everyone in the Atlantic Division keeps stinking it up, we'll stay in 4th place. I think Brooklyn will eventually get ahead but I still think we've got a shot at 7th or 8th if that happens. If we can get there and somehow avoid Indiana or Miami, I'd back us against most other teams.

Im torn weather to hope we win the Atlantic in a bad devision (and hence not do much in the playoffs) or tank and get a future superstar. If we just fall into the playoffs we run the risk of being mediocre for a long time.
No we don't. We've got plenty of first rounders, and if we do make the playoffs we'll probably be 8th and we'll get an alright pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

them feels man, absolutely deserving of it, and I'm glad both the organisation and the fans were able to display it,

i feel that a lot of it was to do with brad stevens though, can you imagine the response if we ended up with pure crap as coach,

his presence brings optimism, and his overwhelming 'embracing of the past' attitude goes along way to facilitating these ideas, imagine if we had a pettino 'bird, mchale and parish aren't walking through that door' mentality of saying, screw the past, i don't think it would have been quite as special a moment

them feels man, absolutely deserving of it, and I'm glad both the organisation and the fans were able to display it,

i feel that a lot of it was to do with brad stevens though, can you imagine the response if we ended up with pure crap as coach,

his presence brings optimism, and his overwhelming 'embracing of the past' attitude goes along way to facilitating these ideas, imagine if we had a pettino 'bird, mchale and parish aren't walking through that door' mentality of saying, screw the past, i don't think it would have been quite as special a moment
We could've been on track for the worst record in NBA history and the fans still would've cheered Pierce and Garnett.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back