The Official Charlotte Hornets (nee Bobcats) Thread aka the Hive

Remove this Banner Ad

OK guys what are we thinking wiht Picks 8 and 24 (I think)

Do we want the whitey shooter, after the Adam Morrison debacle?
Do we want a PF with range?

My major issues wiht the side are perimeter shooting and a genuine starting 4 man.
To me Zeller is a 6th-7th man type, provide hustle and your 8 and 5 a game or something.

I think that they should take a SG unless someone like Randle or Vonleh slides. Wouldn't object to Doug either. Pick 24 BPA

If we are able to nab a PF in the draft and Orlando take Exum, would love it if we were to make a play for Afflalo.

Been to Nawlins and it does smell a bit down Bourbon St. But still... You wish you had our history.

You mean the history that New Orleans allowed Charlotte to re-inherit? The history of Charlotte basketball under the names Hornets & Bobcats?

We don't wish, as we already do :p

I think that they should take a SG unless someone like Randle or Vonleh slides. Wouldn't object to Doug either. Pick 24 BPA

If we are able to nab a PF in the draft and Orlando take Exum, would love it if we were to make a play for Afflalo.

Yeah will hopefully be an SG, we need more consistent offence from the position, something Hendo unfortunately hasn't been able to produce often enough as a starter. One mock had Randle sliding to 9th haha, would be interesting on the opposite block to Al, but not sure I see that happening :D

Here's hoping Taylor will comeback from the achilles injury good to go, gives us a better offensive player at SF, when we don't need MKG for defensive purposes, who will hopefully also improve his offence in the off season :p

Would love to be able to secure Afflalo, out of the realistic targets he is almost of the ideal fit for the needs of the team. Can score and can do it with range.

The only worry is overpaying, would still like us use the 9th pick on a rookie to grow alongside Kemba, MKG, Taylor and Zellar. The worry is it will be involved in a package for Afflalo and Nelson. Would prefer a more long-term vision be used here. Would be happy for the 24th pick to be involved.

Last edited:
Yeah will hopefully be an SG, we need more consistent offence from the position, something Hendo unfortunately hasn't been able to produce often enough as a starter. One mock had Randle sliding to 9th haha, would be interesting on the opposite block to Al, but not sure I see that happening :D

Here's hoping Taylor will comeback from the achilles injury good to go, gives us a better offensive player at SF, when we don't need MKG for defensive purposes, who will hopefully also improve his offence in the off season :p

Would love to be able to secure Afflalo, out of the realistic targets he is almost of the ideal fit for the needs of the team. Can score and can do it with range.

The only worry is overpaying, would still like us use the 9th pick on a rookie to grow alongside Kemba, MKG, Taylor and Zellar. The worry is it will be involved in a package for Afflalo and Nelson. Would prefer a more long-term vision be used here. Would be happy for the 24th pick to be involved.

I thought something like 9 + 24 for 12 + Afflalo was a relatively fair trade. Possibly not quite enough for the Magic.

Ummmmm nope..... Or source?

In addition, the team announced that after collaborating with the NBA and the New Orleans Pelicans, all of the statistical information, records and history of Charlotte NBA basketball will also be returning to the franchise. The Hornets will now own and have access to all of the historical elements from not only the Bobcats era (2004-2014) but also the original Hornets era in Charlotte (1988-2002). The Pelicans will maintain the history and statistics beginning with the team’s first season in New Orleans (2002-03).

Source: http://www.nba.com/hornets/charlotte-hornets-name-returns-carolinas

CHARLOTTE – The term “perfect storm” frequently refers to devastating hurricanes or rainstorms.

But to Fred Whitfield, it means, as he put it: “Charlotte’s NBA history is now completely intact.”

In perhaps the most unique development of the re-branding of the Charlotte Bobcats to the Charlotte Hornets during Tuesday’s news conference at Time Warner Cable Arena, Whitfield announced the franchise will regain the statistical records and history of the 14 Charlotte Hornets teams from 1988 to 2002.

Source: http://www.gastongazette.com/sports...istory-also-will-be-coming-with-them-1.321840

I thought something like 9 + 24 for 12 + Afflalo was a relatively fair trade. Possibly not quite enough for the Magic.

If the 12th pick was involved that would be ok, if this draft ends up being as deep as some think it might be then we would still have a chance to pick up another young talent to grow with the 3-4 we have now. Wary of them doing something rash though is all :D

Henderson or Neal will no doubt be involved somewhere whether or not the Magic want any of that though :p

Nothing more than a 'oh hey guys technically you could also come here article'. But it's interesting to think about what it would be like :) Wouldnt be mad if one of them did end up at the Hornets either though depending on what else it involved. ;)

http://forwardtimesonline.com/2013/index.php/sports/item/1341-michael-jordan’s-charlotte-hornets-looking-to-sign-carmelo-anthony

I really do hope we have zero interest in Lance though. Dudes nothing but a farkwit.

Also peternorth can we please get a thread title change? 'The Official Charlotte Hornets Thread'

your wish is my command

Thanks mate. Honeybee Jen appreciates it :p

7003_422548897879925_1521862713_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not going to lie the lack of pin-stripes on the front is abit disappointing.

Overall though I still like it, still excited, still can't wait for next season to start.

Also they at least resisted putting sleeves on one of them so far :thumbsu:

b_gallery.jpg

c_gallery.jpg

q_gallery.jpg

n_gallery.jpg

h_gallery.jpg

Last edited:
I will agree with you regarding the pinstripe, though I am glad they have paid homage to it at least. I thought they would of gone the Teal for Away and Purple for the Alternative, perhaps it's going with the darker for away and that is why they went with that choice. Overall though, I give it a 8/10 and it drags the Pelicans uniform in the mud. That was so bland, New Orleans could of done so much more with their designs last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back