The Official Charlotte Hornets (nee Bobcats) Thread aka the Hive

Remove this Banner Ad

I will agree with you regarding the pinstripe, though I am glad they have paid homage to it at least. I thought they would of gone the Teal for Away and Purple for the Alternative, perhaps it's going with the darker for away and that is why they went with that choice. Overall though, I give it a 8/10 and it drags the Pelicans uniform in the mud. That was so bland, New Orleans could of done so much more with their designs last year.

I have the feeling the Teal will be worn at home just as much as the white, if not more, next season.

Yeah I agree with your rating, they're good, I like them, just missing that little something.

I have the feeling the Teal will be worn at home just as much as the white, if not more, next season.

Yeah I agree with your rating, they're good, I like them, just missing that little something.
I think we can all agree it's the lack of pinstripes. Though it does look clean and not cluttered, I'm pretty sure everyone was expecting pinstripes, thats why it looks so bare

I think we can all agree it's the lack of pinstripes. Though it does look clean and not cluttered, I'm pretty sure everyone was expecting pinstripes, thats why it looks so bare

Yeah, it's abit unique with them only on one side which is kinda cool, they have already grown on me abit more just looking at them over and over this morning :D

Just watching a few of the videos they did make the Teal the alternate uniform due to the amount of times the league allows you to where your road uniform at home being minimal.

I will agree with you regarding the pinstripe, though I am glad they have paid homage to it at least. I thought they would of gone the Teal for Away and Purple for the Alternative, perhaps it's going with the darker for away and that is why they went with that choice. Overall though, I give it a 8/10 and it drags the Pelicans uniform in the mud. That was so bland, New Orleans could of done so much more with their designs last year.

I don't mind these new jerseys I guess, but I think that they played it just as safe as New Orleans regarding the design. They were just lucky that the colours are a little more unique.

I though they hijacked the former Cavs colour scheme

Yeah the NO colors were fairly boring. I meant the Charlotte colors are lucky they stand out. Purple and teal: what a combination!

Bq3jeC8CUAAYumZ.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noah Vonleh
PJ Hairston
Semaj Christon

All on the way. Pretty happy with what the Hornets did today :thumbsu: Freed up 2mil from Haywoods contract.

Let's see what else happens in the off season. Particularly with all these PF's. Sadly I think McBob must be going, would love to him around. Would like to still try and land a proven NBA scorer at SG, sadly I think Hendo is what Hendo is always going to be and we need more at that spot. and also need to upgrade Kemba's back up.

Bradley? - Could be on the way out of Beantown. Fits the defensive identitiy.
Stephenson? Please no, but we all know what he can do on the court when he isn't being a dick.
Swaggy P? - We know he can score on his day.
Meeks? Got the range we need.
Shumpert? Depending on what happens with Melo, he might be available. Went backwards last year but has shown the potential.

Last edited:
Didn't notice earlier but Alonzo Gee also came over in the Powell/Haywood/45pick trade.

The Cavaliers have traded small forward Alonzo Gee to the Charlotte Hornets for Stanford power forward Dwight Powell, the 45th pick in the NBA Draft on Thursday, and veteran center Brendan Haywood, according to theAssociated Press.

Semaj Christon also gone to OKC for cash considerations.

Last edited:
Important Hornets question:

Is Jen still cheerleading?

I was trying to hide the news until it was confirmed somehwere in fear off peternorth shutting the board down. But I dont think she is. I think she may have retired.

Here's hoping its just a break, if not there has to be a tight white shirt hung in the rafters.

I was trying to hide the news in fear off peternorth shutting the board down. But I dont think she is. I think she may have retired.

Here's hoping its just a break, if not there has to be a tight white shirt hung in the rafters.

please conduct research task to confirm this

Remove this Banner Ad

Back