The Official Charlotte Hornets (nee Bobcats) Thread aka the Hive

Remove this Banner Ad

Purple MKG jersey (and a Bridgewater jersey)

Bother got the teal Kemba jersey.

SICK....

I got teal kemba and white Al.

Love them both except the Kemba has some wak yellow line down the side panels which isnt there in the real jersey.
Ah well for $20 cant argue.

I wear my Big Al jersey every monday for ball. I've definitely had some looks...and I think its mainly the jersey and not my jumpshot.

Another move I don't like.

Man I really hope there is something else being worked on here in the background that makes all this make sense.

Don't understand this front court at all. Aren't going to stop anything inside.

Last edited:
Another move I don't like.

Man I really hope there is something else being worked on here in the background that makes all this make sense.

Don't understand this front court at all. Aren't going to stop anything inside.

Al Jeff, Kaminsky, Hawes. Who needs defense!

I'd say Hawes will be a bench warmer, and you'll maybe target someone like Darrel Arthur/Kosta Koufos?

Al Jeff, Kaminsky, Hawes. Who needs defense!

I'd say Hawes will be a bench warmer, and you'll maybe target someone like Darrel Arthur/Kosta Koufos?

At face (numbers) value for that extra 1-2 points and less rebounds then Biz. Don't think any of them would be an upgrade defensively? Both got a few years on him. Colour me excited :D

If Biz sucks than this trade is an indictment on Cho for being a poor judge of talent. If Biz is good then this trade is an inducement on Cho for being a poor judge of talent. Cho is a poor judge of talent.

Did lel.

This team isn't in a great spot at the moment. Next season might be a write off

I love some of the young guys but they top out as role players and Kemba is a below average PG. I don't see any need to bring back Al after next season and Batum might just walk. We will have cap space but just about everyone in the league will and Charlotte would have to be near the bottom of every free agent's list.

Bit of a shame as things were looking bright after Cliff's first year.

Good little write up on the MKG deal, bias or not. Some snippets:

It's been written to death what kind of impact Kidd-Gilchrist has on the Hornets thanks to his defense alone, but just to re-iterate the impact he has. When MKG is off the floor, the Hornets give up an average of 104.1 points per 100 possessions, and a much improved 96.3 points per 100 possessions when he's on the floor. On offense, where he supposedly brings the team down, the Hornets are three points better per 100 possessions than they are without him. Yes, when MKG is in the game, the Hornets offense gets better.

Sharp eyed readers will notice that MKG's efficiency has yet to improve on a large scale, but they will see that he shot 50 percent from 10 to 16 feet, and 37 percent on shots just inside 3-point range. They might also notice that he didn't take a single 3-pointer. This is something that has created much debate. For some, MKG is someone that needs to improve his 3-point shot if he's going to get any better in the NBA, and for others it's an example of him once again playing smart basketball. If he's making two point shots as efficiently as he is, and taking them with confidence, then why should he bother with 3-point shots? He's only 21, and there's plenty of time to add more range. For now, MKG is taking shots he knows he can make while making those shots. That is huge for someone that had a jumpshot so broken that it created this infamous picture.

MKG_broken_jumpshot.0.jpg

Full page: http://www.atthehive.com/2015/8/25/...contract-is-a-steal-for-the-charlotte-hornets

I love the deal, he is abit like the heart and soul of the team really, more often than not if he is competitive early we are competitive for the game. Had to be kept around. IF he keeps to improve it will be a steal.

Is that a full season that shoulder?
We've played without him lots before. I think playoffs are unlikely without him on the defensive end though

4-6 months, best case is playing the last ~20 games or so but that seems pretty unlikely.

We have, and we've been terrible haha. What was it last season? 28-29 with him and 5-20 without iirc?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The loss of MKG is terrible but the acquisitions of Batum & Lamb are looking a hell of a lot better now. It looks like Cody has improved on his D but ultimately with MKG out and Biz gone, our D has taken about 5 steps back but on the offensive end we're looking a lot better.

How does everyone think Jeremy Lin will go this year?
I see him being a good acquisition actually.

Didn't watch the game but reports from yesterday were positive, will be interesting to see if he and Kemba can play extended minutes together. He is also going to raise the Hornet's profile because of his massive following which isn't a bad thing.

Still can't get over MKG's injury though. Easily my favourite player in the NBA

How does everyone think Jeremy Lin will go this year?
I see him being a good acquisition actually.

Awesome acquisition. I actually prefer his signing than Batum's as he adds a bit more. I don't know why but I don't love Kemba, especially for the money he is on. Lin and Hawes will be two of the recruits of the year, bookmark it!

JVG giving Cliff and Charlotte some love on 'The Lowe Post' :thumbsu:

Don't really share his optimism but I'll take above 0.500 anyday

Kemba is so frustrating to watch. He always seems to be throwing bricks.

Agreed. We won't come close to play-offs with him as our starting point. Isn't a gifted shooter, doesn't have Rubio like hands or hustle on defence and because of the way our offence is at the moment he isn't making the most of P&R opportunities.

Can see Lin averaging more points, more assists and more steals in less minutes before the All-Star game.

Is it our game plan or is it just his skill set?

He is a poor mans Isaiah Thomas

Bill Simmons has predicted before that he will eventually find his niche in the NBA as a bench guy who sometimes gets hot, which doesn't seem unreasonable at this point. Certainly not the sort of guy that you want to pay 48/4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back