1b48864196665d6edc3f314ea25c14b9.gif

Gus Poyet

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 1, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Brighton & HA, Boston Celtics

Obviously you didn't watch the game. And I do believe you know probably do know more about Taylor Swift than basketball going by your comments.

Marcus Smart put on a show during Thursday's Summer League matchup with the Spurs, scoring 22 points on 9-of-14 shooting in just 27 minutes of action.

Smart put on quite the show, adding seven assists, four 3-pointers, four rebounds, three steals and a highlight reel block, and he looks like a guy that just doesn't belong on a Summer League squad.

Special Agent Utah

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls/Bears Texas Rangers
No Hood or Exum today again.

Brock with a poster (not one he wanted) 5 points and 4 boards.

What you reckon his chances of a roster spot is? He has been pretty solid during SL

Sep 20, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
Obviously you didn't watch the game. And I do believe you know probably do know more about Taylor Swift than basketball going by your comments.

I did watch the game which is why I made the comment in the first place. Logic obviously not your strong suit. Regardless of what he scored or did he still didn't look like he cared for the duration of the game which is not a good sign from a young talent.

Special Agent Utah

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Dunno. Last year they went with Cooley over motum. Now they have lyles too. How has Cooley played? Is he still on their books or was Cooley a one year deal?

Cooley has been pretty solid too, and they seem to like him.

He has a team option at around 845k

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swarles Barkley

Team Captain
Oct 9, 2014
In the relegation battle
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons | Aston Villa
No Hood or Exum today again.

Brock with a poster (not one he wanted) 5 points and 4 boards.

What you reckon his chances of a roster spot is? He has been pretty solid during SL

I haven't seen him play a minute. But from when I was reading about Exum on the Jazz blog comments I don't think their fans would be excited if he made the roster. Going by that I'd say slim to none. :(

Gus Poyet

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 1, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
I did watch the game which is why I made the comment in the first place. Logic obviously not your strong suit. Regardless of what he scored or did he still didn't look like he cared for the duration of the game which is not a good sign from a young talent.

Basketball is obviously not your strong suit. Why even keep on with your rubbish line of thought when "regardless of what he scored or did" makes no difference to your uneducated opinion.

The guy hustled all night and played great D. The totally opposite actions of someone who :didn't look like he cared all night:. FMD there are some clueless posters.

It reads like the opinion of someone who couldn't play a lick of basketball themselves.

smashh

Premiership Player
Apr 14, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Trail Blazers
It'd be pretty hard to GAF about Summer League if you've got a guaranteed contract (and a pretty much guaranteed starting spot in the NBA) and just came off an NBA season. If he can 'not care' and drop 22/7/4 with 4 triples then I dunno.. I'd take that.

Sep 20, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
Basketball is obviously not your strong suit. Why even keep on with your rubbish line of thought when "regardless of what he scored or did" makes no difference to your uneducated opinion.

The guy hustled all night and played great D. The totally opposite actions of someone who :didn't look like he cared all night:. FMD there are some clueless posters.

It reads like the opinion of someone who couldn't play a lick of basketball themselves.

All you do is attack people who you disagree with. The whole post above is nothing but dribble about me, maybe you're a sycophant or something. I dunno man, you should really talk to somebody about that. Hell maybe it's a little bit of a Napoleon complex you've got going on, are you ok? I mean if you need to talk to someone to help you through some personal issues call lifeline (13 11 14).

Or at least learn to construct a proper discussion before attacking other posters because you lack the coherent ability to communicate effectively with others.

I mean even the bolded bit was a bit of a discussion but still turned to an attack. My whole point was his attitude, attitude has nothing to do with stats but you can't comprehend that so maybe there isn't much point continuing to talk to someone who doesn't understand it, poor attitude by you maybe?

It'd be pretty hard to GAF about Summer League if you've got a guaranteed contract (and a pretty much guaranteed starting spot in the NBA) and just came off an NBA season. If he can 'not care' and drop 22/7/4 with 4 triples then I dunno.. I'd take that.

Yeah but I'd expect a player of his calibre to drop numbers like that in the summer league. Dude shouldn't even be there in the first place but obviously needs to work on some things from the coaches point of view otherwise why waste the time.

Gus Poyet

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 1, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
All you do is attack people who you disagree with. The whole post above is nothing but dribble about me, maybe you're a sycophant or something. I dunno man, you should really talk to somebody about that. Hell maybe it's a little bit of a Napoleon complex you've got going on, are you ok? I mean if you need to talk to someone to help you through some personal issues call lifeline (13 11 14).

Or at least learn to construct a proper discussion before attacking other posters because you lack the coherent ability to communicate effectively with others.

I mean even the bolded bit was a bit of a discussion but still turned to an attack. My whole point was his attitude, attitude has nothing to do with stats but you can't comprehend that so maybe there isn't much point continuing to talk to someone who doesn't understand it, poor attitude by you maybe?

I'm more dumbfounded by people who apparently watch basketball but maybe don't understand what is going on on the court.

I think you've made an incredibly bad call on a young player about something that was seemingly only apparent to you.

I can give you the number of someone to call to learn about basketball if you like?

Yeah but I'd expect a player of his calibre to drop numbers like that in the summer league. Dude shouldn't even be there in the first place but obviously needs to work on some things from the coaches point of view otherwise why waste the time.

And there is it again...

Exactly why shouldn't a second year player be playing Summer League? He very much needs to be there working on his game.

As do all the sophmore players. That's why the clubs send their second year players there to play...[/quote]

Sep 20, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
And there is it again...

Exactly why shouldn't a second year player be playing Summer League? He very much needs to be there working on his game.

As do all the sophmore players. That's why the clubs send their second year players there to play...

Not all clubs send their second year players to summer league, generally only the ones that need work. While he did well in this game and will be a decent 3rd/4th option and/or 6th man he is no the so called stud you claim. But that's a difference of opinion so it's probably safe to just leave it at that.

Special Agent Utah

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
I have watched both the games Marcus has played so far and I have been reasonably impressed.

Didn't shoot that well in the first game against Dante, 6 from 20 and too many deep balls (2/10) but he has been getting to the rack well (13 times in game 1) Assist numbers have been high and turnovers haven't been a real issue.

Shot far better in the second game with a lesser defender than Exum (9/14)

My 2 things that concern me are his shot selection with too many contested and mid range 2's and 3's and he still gambles defensively IMO

He has improved his P & R work and I like him getting to the rack and drawing fouls.

I think he has been pretty solid so far

Back