The Official New York Knicks Thread - 'The Official New York Knicks Thread - At Least We Didn't Get Swept

Remove this Banner Ad

A few years ago I dreamed of coming back to New York City, the place of my birth, and on February 23, 2011 that became a reality. This organization has supported me and in return, I want to stay and build here with this city and my team. At this pivotal juncture in my career, I owed it to myself and my family to explore all of the options available to me. Through it all, my heart never wavered.

During this journey I met with some quality organizations who have amazing talent and leadership. I thank them for their consideration, belief in my talent, and opportunity to imagine the possibilities.

I will always remember this chapter in my life. In the end, I am a New York Knick at heart. I am looking forward to continuing my career in Orange & Blue and to work with Phil Jackson, a champion who builds championship teams. Madison Square Garden is the mecca of basketball and I am surrounded by the greatest fans in the world.
http://www.thisismelo.com/

In other words we wouldn't facilitate a sign & trade with the Bulls and the money was too good to pass up.

Seems to be. I did have a chuckle when I read he may have accepted a deal for 'only' 122mil to help the roster.

Blight theory. Score more than they are capable of, defence is a bonus.

iggy-azalea-without-makeup-pictures.yt-1.jpg

Nope.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's an extension of the Dirk/Melo comparison.

Dirk took a 30/3 deal and left 70m on the table. With that, we were able to sign Chandler Parsons.

Melo took 120/5. Doesnt leave much room.
Thats cause Dirk is 36 and ur never going to give him 5 years and max like dollars.
Melo contract isnt the issue, its the Amare and Barg contracts. Hence this year is just a write off and 2015 will be where its at.
I do believe Melo should have taken less to try and get another guy in this season but if i was offered max dollars i prob wouldnt turn it down.

Here's an extension of the Dirk/Melo comparison.

Dirk took a 30/3 deal and left 70m on the table. With that, we were able to sign Chandler Parsons.

Melo took 120/5. Doesnt leave much room.
Yep. One of the reasons i love Dirk.

Can't imagine myself leaving 70m on the table no matter how much money i had. One of the reasons i can't blame Melo for taking what he did.

Thats cause Dirk is 36 and ur never going to give him 5 years and max like dollars.
Melo contract isnt the issue, its the Amare and Barg contracts. Hence this year is just a write off and 2015 will be where its at.
I do believe Melo should have taken less to try and get another guy in this season but if i was offered max dollars i prob wouldnt turn it down.
We payed Melo what...4mil more than the Heat payed Bosh?

That is apparently not a bad deal though...

Yep. One of the reasons i love Dirk.

Can't imagine myself leaving 70m on the table no matter how much money i had. One of the reasons i can't blame Melo for taking what he did.
Its not reall leaving 70m on the table though cause the Mavs wouldnt never offer a max contract to Dirk now. That would be ridiculous

Remove this Banner Ad

Back