The Official New York Knicks Thread - 'The Official New York Knicks Thread - At Least We Didn't Get Swept

Remove this Banner Ad

http://grantland.com/features/carmelo-anthony-new-york-knicks-legacy/

Another Melo/Knicks article. Havn't actually read the whole thing yet because MAN THAT IS A LONG ARTICLE! So I'll just let you guys summarise it for me.

Is Melo good or not?

In his defense he has been on some awful teams, with some awful coaches and some awful GM's. Against him is - forcing a trade to NY in the first place so he had no one decent to play with

What if he didnt force the trade, what if he went to Chicago

Shall be interesting to see what Phil can do

Is Melo good or not?

In his defense he has been on some awful teams, with some awful coaches and some awful GM's. Against him is - forcing a trade to NY in the first place so he had no one decent to play with

What if he didnt force the trade, what if he went to Chicago

Shall be interesting to see what Phil can do
What about if he replaced Bosh at Miami?

2 rings are a given IMO.

2 rings are a given IMO.
Article mentioned that as well, if he had one less year on his Denver contract he could've taken Bosh's spot etc. Along with saying the only two decent teams he played on were the '09 Nuggets and '13 Knicks from memory (cbf rereading that :p)

2 rings are a given IMO.
I disagree. The way Miami were constructed, bosh was vital to them as hybrid 4/5.

I'm not sure melo would have worked there tbh.

Put him on Indiana tho... Heck even Washington right now.

Melo has never really had a point guard or any defence around him

I disagree. The way Miami were constructed, bosh was vital to them as hybrid 4/5.

I'm not sure melo would have worked there tbh.

Put him on Indiana tho... Heck even Washington right now.

Melo has never really had a point guard or any defence around him
Do you happen to know the players the Heat signed after they got Bosh?

I think with a few tweaks it would have worked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure how trustworthy that source is but...

200.gif

Not sure how trustworthy that source is but...

Please, please, please!

Kings and Bucks though, would we look at getting early draft picks in return? Or try and snatch a player out of it? I'd lean toward a first round pick for smith imo.

Please, please, please!

Kings and Bucks though, would we look at getting early draft picks in return? Or try and snatch a player out of it? I'd lean toward a first round pick for smith imo.

Your expectations are far too high. A first round pick for JR ain't happening. The best you'd be getting is something like Derrick Williams expiring contract from the Kings, and I wouldn't do that if I was a Kings fan

Your expectations are far too high. A first round pick for JR ain't happening. The best you'd be getting is something like Derrick Williams expiring contract from the Kings, and I wouldn't do that if I was a Kings fan

If im NY i'd take a 2nd round pick protected 21-59 for JR :D

Yep, steal of the draft without a doubt. I just remember draft day that everyone was talking about him and he kept slipping to us. The kid could be anything.
Should hear Stephen A when this kid comes up, sounds like Bruce when talking about Cyril

Thats Dougie McBuckets*

*lulz

I wonder how long it'll take JR to corrupt him?
Well JR is on the trade block and apparently Kings are interested and someone else so hopefully something gets done and then its party time

world-cup-2014-weird-kid-dancing-lifts-shirt-fan-14038303339.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back