The Official New York Knicks Thread - 'The Official New York Knicks Thread - At Least We Didn't Get Swept

Sorry but the defense the Knicks have is just terrabad.

STAT, Bargnani, Melo, Calderon. LOL

Lel, no one watches basketball for defense, unless you're Joakim Noah...

Still missing way too many pieces (a bench, perimeter defense, rim protection, STATS healthy knees, salary cap flexibilty etc) to be considered a real threat. You are in the east though so who the **** knows anymore.
I hope he stays, I'm a huge Melo fan and think he cops way to much criticism, he's coming off probably the best season of his career.

Too true, carried the team so much he busted a shoulder.

I'm sorry but are you seriously dismissing defense? You don't win in this league without being a great defensive team.
Hmph, please, defence is sooooooo overrated, haven't you heard a Knicks pre game speech?

nufan

Norm Smith Medallist
May 4, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Pelicans, Tottenham
129 mil for an overrated All-star. Just ridiculous.
Using overrated and All-star in the same sentence? I think Melo is rated adequately. Is he worth the Max? Well the free agency market tends to think so.
You are worth what a team is willing to pay you.

nufan

Norm Smith Medallist
May 4, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Pelicans, Tottenham
Yes. They're the 2 best players.
Not questiong that at all. Kyrie Irving just got a max entension. Gordon Hayward got a max offer from Cleveland, Next seasons Anthony Davis and Lillard will both sign for max extension. Derrick Rose is a Max player as is Westbrook.
So what your effectively saying is all GM's in the entire league should just say, "they aren't as good as Lebron or KD so they don't derserve the max"

So many factors come into play with max contracts that you are obviously not looking at. Kyrie got given the max because they pretty much know they have no shot at Lebron. Not many free agents are going to Cleveland anytime soon, so with you Cap flexibility why not sign your best play to a Max extension. Same will happen with Davis and the Pels.

Feb 2, 2011
Hell
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Indiana Pacers, Celta Vigo, LA Rams
Not questiong that at all. Kyrie Irving just got a max entension. Gordon Hayward got a max offer from Cleveland, Next seasons Anthony Davis and Lillard will both sign for max extension. Derrick Rose is a Max player as is Westbrook.
So what your effectively saying is all GM's in the entire league should just say, "they aren't as good as Lebron or KD so they don't derserve the max"

So many factors come into play with max contracts that you are obviously not looking at. Kyrie got given the max because they pretty much know they have no shot at Lebron. Not many free agents are going to Cleveland anytime soon, so with you Cap flexibility why not sign your best play to a Max extension. Same will happen with Davis and the Pels.

No, I know what I'm talking about

You're completely missing my point. LBJ and KD are the only 2 WORTH the max.

nufan

Norm Smith Medallist
May 4, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Pelicans, Tottenham
What so you think Kryie, Hayward, Hibbert etc are worth the max? :drunk:
Can Cleveland get a free agent better than Kyrie? No. And he is getting pain no where near what Lebron or Melo or Durant are getting Paid. Haywayrd? No. In my opinion is more of a ploy from Cleveland to get Utah to match and tie up a lot of cap space during free agency.
Hibbert isn't technically getting the MAX he could have been getting. The Pacers matched the offer sheet the Blazers offered.
The Pacers could have signed him for more

AxelFoley

Club Legend
Jan 3, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Dodgers, Raiders
I reckon he (Melo) will stay...

If he does, what actual plans does Phil have to build a structure around him?

I reckon he (Melo) will stay...

If he does, what actual plans does Phil have to build a structure around him?
Give Melo the ball and set 4 screens.

Drumroe

Premiership Player
May 9, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
LOL Philly in talks with us in a trade with STAT. They are willing to discuss it if it involves Shumpert.

Adios Shumps :D

Also Phil thinks he can get rid of Barg contract as well

Is it really worth getting rid of Stat? He's an expiring anyway, and it's not like you guys are doing anything this year.

Do you guys have a draft pick this year (serious question) ?

Jun 18, 2008
Hewett, Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
MUFC,BristolR, GB,Duke,LAA,NYK
Is it really worth getting rid of Stat? He's an expiring anyway, and it's not like you guys are doing anything this year.

Do you guys have a draft pick this year (serious question) ?
dont think so.
I guess it depends on what we have to take back but if its not a contract that expires at end of the season im all for it.
If you can get rid of Barg contract as well then Phil is going to own NYC.

Back