The San Antonio Spurs thread - A Fiesta of Youth

Remove this Banner Ad

you think second spot is out of the question?

No, I wouldn't be surprised if we go on a 10-14 game win streak but I just don't see us finishing in the top 2 this season, which I really don't care about, as long as we have HCA against OKC we should be all gravy

you think second spot is out of the question?

I think getting second would be a very tough ask.

As for the other ladder spots - i think the team just wants to be in good form come playoffs, and anywhere from 3-6 would be virtually the same (and may just come down to 1-2 wins)... At this stage all of the teams in those spots are beatable in a series (as are we)... So unless we can get homecourt through the playoffs (which we wont get) i dont think that ladder position will matter too much.
What will be important is whether or not we are playing consistently good basketball.
(have i listened to too much pop?)

Meanwhile, just looked up slomo's d league stats:

22 / 10 / 5 / 1 / 1

Exactly the type of box scores we want to see from him... Hopefully he can provide half of that at NBA level and he could be a very useful guy off the bench

Can easily player another 2 seasons if he wanted to.

We aren't going to win many games if Leonard plays like he did today again, just write it off as a bad game for him, but it was great to see Parker looking like Parker again.

Think we may struggle to get higher than the 6th seed, dissapointing how we have played this season considering how great we were last year

Think we may struggle to get higher than the 6th seed, dissapointing how we have played this season considering how great we were last year

Yeah, now is about when I start to worry.

Since the start of January, we are 14-7. Not a bad record. But in that time we are 2-6 against teams with a plus .600 record. (the 2 wins, at home against Washington and Portland).
The record or seeding itself I wouldn't worry about too much, because every team in the west is going to be tough to beat in a 7 game series... but unless we can start winning those games, I think our chances of getting out of the west will be very, very, slim.

I wonder if the Spurs would be doing better this season if they didn't win the championship last year, I mean sometimes that's the case, an older side being so good for so long, that when they do win the title, the following season they fall away a bit.

I think they'll finish 6th in the west, and will be hard to knock out but as far as going back to back goes, just don't think they have it in them, unless leonard starts tearing it apart.

I wonder if the Spurs would be doing better this season if they didn't win the championship last year, I mean sometimes that's the case, an older side being so good for so long, that when they do win the title, the following season they fall away a bit.

I think they'll finish 6th in the west, and will be hard to knock out but as far as going back to back goes, just don't think they have it in them, unless leonard starts tearing it apart.

I remember pre season, coach Popp said his greatest fear for the upcoming season was that they'd be too satisfied. Seems they've done that so far, but it's the Spurs. You never know what they'll become once the playoffs start!

Yeah I think they may be satisfied, but like you say, come playoffs, if they can get to that level they were playing in the finals last year, they'll be the team to beat, because that was some of the best basketball you'll ever see!

After the allstar break is when we start playing our best basketball so we'll see what they're like in about 2-3 weeks, the talent is obviously there it's the inconsistency on both offense and defense which is making us hard to watch. It's sad that a 38 year old has had to carry us this season, keep in mind I don't know how many close games which we lost that could have gone either way this season, we could have been 2nd or 3rd seed if they went our way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First time in a while I got to watch them today, and wow they were very bad, no intensity, uninspired and to many turnovers, not what you expect from the Spurs.

Time to worry Spurs fans?

I still believe we're capable of winning the title, lets just see what Spurs show up come playoff time.

I think its time Pop just gets super angry and benches our starting lineup for a whole game. (i mean the rest of the team can probably do just as good)... And at this stage we dont have anything to lose

I think its time Pop just gets super angry and benches our starting lineup for a whole game. (i mean the rest of the team can probably do just as good)... And at this stage we dont have anything to lose

Bench all the starters but Duncan - also its pretty frustrating seeing him bench Green for one or two mistakes but rolling with Belinelli who couldn't defend if his life depended on it.

Maybe we give Manu the start for a few games? see if he can give us some energy right off the tip off. With Parker there is no chance he is injured, its just a confidence issue atm. Maybe Pop should just shut him down for the next few road games and bring him back when they get home.

I'm sure pop is trying to get things going, but when a team is in bad form, it's tough to shake it off and just switch on. They need a game where everything clicks and they need parker playing a lot better.

I agree with starting manu, and benching parker. Duncan stays on though, has been incredible.

What's happened to Leonard's finals series form? Guy was a beast, needs to find that form.

Leonard has battled a hand injury and eye infection and when he came back was pretty darn good, unfortunately his last 7-9 games have been averaged. Against the Blazers during the second half he looked aggressive on both ends like his old self, hopefully he has found some form

Remove this Banner Ad

Back