The San Antonio Spurs thread - A Fiesta of Youth

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like Manu did his hammy... 4 for our best players out... still no back up SF... our back court is gonna look so ugly for the next month till Green and Leonard are back.

Still playing like garbage against top teams and our defense has still not improved... Pretty damn worried about this team atm don't know how we will get to the WCF with all these injury prone players and inconsistent defense.

Damn. That can be a 6-8 week injury at his age. I guess we take solace in the fact the Playoffs are still 3 months away and we should have everyone back by then.

What worries me most is the amount of minutes Timmy will have to play due to the reduced rotations.

Is it possible to bring over a few of the players we have stashed away in Europe for a trial? Would be good to give a couple of them a 10 day contract and see how the go.

Damn. That can be a 6-8 week injury at his age. I guess we take solace in the fact the Playoffs are still 3 months away and we should have everyone back by then.

What worries me most is the amount of minutes Timmy will have to play due to the reduced rotations.

Is it possible to bring over a few of the players we have stashed away in Europe for a trial? Would be good to give a couple of them a 10 day contract and see how the go.

Nah I don't see us signing anyone overseas with rights to us (Bertans may be come over next season, likewise with Hanga) I think it's ideal to do 10 day contracts, we might even find that 15th roster spot SF we need. Should sign Devin Ebanks to a 10 day contract since hes been playing well in the D-leauge and is a nice 6-9 Forward. Maybe even give Howard a call up since he would know the system since playing with the Toros this season.

I can't think of many decent free agent forwards that could help us.. Stephen Jackson maybe?...
j/k

We really need to get a trade happening for a quality back-up SF/PF for insurance, pretty obvious Manu and Tiago are injury prone and to some extent Kawhi is also, he has missed more games than he should at his age due to injury(Plus he does have a bad knee which will trouble him for his entire career)

Question is what do we have? Bonner, De Colo, Baynes, Joseph and Ayres... Pop loves Bonner for some reason so I expect a 5 year $50 mill contract for him at the end of the season. Ideally we trade Joseph and Bonner to the Raptors for Amir Johnson, their Canadian and would be fan favourites there. Won't happen but he is the dream player we really need atm.

I don't know who else we can go for, would love to snag Garcia from Houston since he is rumer to be on the trading block but yet again what do we give them? The players we have that we would trade don't really fit teams with players we want.

To sum it up I don't think we will see a trade from us happen as usual, we will probably sign 10 day contracts to 6'4" no names that aren't good until Leonard and Green are back and if we end up signing someone it will be around 60-70 games gone in the season to someone we all never knew the Spurs were scouting that won't get any PT and won't help the team in anyway.

I think we can beat Miami or Indiana in the finals IF we make it, It's just OKC that i'm really worried about facing.

Clippers not a concern?

Spurs are amazing

Ehh I'd be more concerned about Houston than Clippers as a Spurs fan... Everyones a chance in the playoffs in the West but I think we can get past the Clips in 6

Regular season champs :thumbsu: This has been a great season by the Spurs, only two more games then the real season starts for us. How do you think Spurs should approach the last 2 games? rest the big 3 or play them?

I'd rest them. Timmy played a lot of early season minutes and Manu has a nasty habit of getting injured close to the Playoffs. Bench Parker too and get some more touch into our bench guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was thinking rest everyone for Houston, rest Duncan against Lakers while playing Manu and Parker nor more than 10-15 mins only because you want Manu and Parker in some type of rhythm heading into the playoffs + no full effort against LA let the bench play don't play Splitter because he is glass maybe even give Diaw a night off.

Doesn't mean much but with Clippers finishing with a top 5 record we receive their 2nd round pick for this years draft

Doesn't mean much but with Clippers finishing with a top 5 record we receive their 2nd round pick for this years draft

Yay? But seriously, I feel this is a very important draft for us. We really need another quality Forward or Centre.

Don't see us drafting anyone that could help us with our future unless its a diamond in the rough again or if we can some how draft up again. Most likely our draft picks will be typical Spurs player stashes. It would be nice to some how get a quality big from pick 30.. I don't pay much attention to college hoops so I wouldn't know anyone who we should be eyeing that could be around pick 25-30.

Nbadraft.net's mock draft has us taking a kid called Clint Capela from Switzerland with pick 30. He's 6-11 and athletic as hell and a good passer for his size. Knocks are that he's a bit lazy and can get lost on plays, but if anyone can get the most out of him it's us.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/clint-capela

I also like this kid- Jusuf Nurkic from Bosnia & Herzegovina. 6-11 and 280lbs. Has a soft touch around the rim and good foot-work, particularly in the P&R which would suit us well. Knocks are he is undisciplined and can get into foul trouble, but again, I'd back Pop settle him.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/jusuf-nurkic

I also like this kid- Jusuf Nurkic from Bosnia & Herzegovina. 6-11 and 280lbs. Has a soft touch around the rim and good foot-work, particularly in the P&R which would suit us well. Knocks are he is undisciplined and can get into foul trouble, but again, I'd back Pop settle him.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/jusuf-nurkic

The more I look at this kid the more I like him. Has great touch in the post and can score off either hand. Also, leads the Adriatic League in PER with 44.5! He's averaging 13 points, 5.6 rebounds, 1.6 steals and 0.8 blocks in just 16 minutes per game. Reminds me a lot of Bogut on the offensive end.

Thanks man ill give them a look at later today, I think we will see Bertans come over next season if we are lucky and if we can resign Diaw a big man wouldn't be too much of a concern. What we need is a quality back up small forward and once again we could see a player we have rights to such as Thomas or Hanga come over from Eurpoe. I see this draft simply a draft and stash year with the hope one of them ends up turning out into a quality player.

Thanks man ill give them a look at later today, I think we will see Bertans come over next season if we are lucky and if we can resign Diaw a big man wouldn't be too much of a concern. What we need is a quality back up small forward and once again we could see a player we have rights to such as Thomas or Hanga come over from Eurpoe. I see this draft simply a draft and stash year with the hope one of them ends up turning out into a quality player.

I think we need to bring one or two over next season and at least get them in the system. Can't expect them to develop into NBA ready players in Europe. It can take players at least 2 seasons to get use to the pace of the Spurs system.

Bertans has so much potential and is only 21 I really want to see him in a Spurs uniform next season and Hanga is probably the most athletic player the Spurs have rights to/on the roster right now, is 25 but could replace Manu when he retires. But I agree one or both need to come over so we can develop them and hopefully have a bright future beyond Duncan.

Yep Spurs are so even, have a deep bench and are even better than last year...

WCF here they come...

having said that they are 0-8 against Rockets and OKC this year. Both teams match up well on them.

Not sure they were at full strength when they played these teams..

Should be able to beat the Rockets but they will trouble and could win 2 games or even send it to 7. With the treatment Durant gets from the refs it will be tough to beat them in a 7 game series and even though we would have HC I still think OKC would be deserving favourites against the Spurs. I truly am hoping we make the finals again but the Spurs need to play their most perfect games of basketball this post-season, ill be proud of this team if we can get to the WCF once again which will potentially be the last time with Duncan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back