The San Antonio Spurs thread - A Fiesta of Youth

Remove this Banner Ad

Who really knows? Anything could happen in the playoffs. OKC are just my pick to make it to the WCF, hopefully they play the Spurs and we do have the better team but we just don't play well against them for some reason.

Clippers however are still are strong chance to beat OKC and I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Who really knows? Anything could happen in the playoffs. OKC are just my pick to make it to the WCF, hopefully they play the Spurs and we do have the better team but we just don't play well against them for some reason.

Clippers however are still are strong chance to beat OKC and I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

as a spurs fan this is what u want because the spurs will mop the floor with the clippers.

Not mop the floor but we should beat them in 6.. I do hope we face them though

i think everyone overrates them...the lost to pelicans then they had to beat pistons at home to secure 2nd seed and they only one by a point because the refs were sucking Durant's utensil again

they are going to have to step it up a notch and im not sure if they are capable.. after durant and westbrook they fall away too much

we will see

i still say spurs got this

These playoffs come down to 2 blokes for mine. Manu Ginobili and Danny Green. If those two stay healthy and get in a rhythm we will be close to unstoppable.

manu is fitter this year than last. but green was in the form of his life last year at the business end... apart from game 6 and 7 in the finals..

i'm still worried about round 2.

These playoffs come down to 2 blokes for mine. Manu Ginobili and Danny Green. If those two stay healthy and get in a rhythm we will be close to unstoppable.

Our shot at the championship comes down to one man... Kawhi Leonard. No doubt Manu and Green need to perform though.

He is our future and needs to have a massive playoffs, the others will help but if we make the finals Leonard needs to have a MVP finals series

Also round 2 is Portland or Houston, they lack defense and in the playoffs they won't be able to hang with the Spurs, Would not be surprised to see it go to 6 if they are hot from the 3 point line but also don't be surprised if we sweep them.

Just to add Leonard is playing the best basketball of his life atm which he needs to continue into the playoffs and Green right now looks more confident than he did last year... We truly have a special team that is better than last years mob so anything but a championship is failure.

manu is fitter this year than last. but green was in the form of his life last year at the business end... apart from game 6 and 7 in the finals..

i'm still worried about round 2.

If anything Green created more shots for our team in game 6 and 7 with Miami doubling him every chance they got, we just failed to capitalize - Parker was hurt, Manu was out of form... it was Duncan and Leonard vs Miami, no one else stepped up when it mattered.

If anything Green created more shots for our team in game 6 and 7 with Miami doubling him every chance they got, we just failed to capitalize - Parker was hurt, Manu was out of form... it was Duncan and Leonard vs Miami, no one else stepped up when it mattered.

that's a bit harsh. parker won the spurs the game with that 3 in game 6. then with leonard's missed a FT and miami's 3 or 4 consecutive offensive rebounds mixed in with 2 freakish 3 pointers from james and allen... well we know what happened.

the spurs were 1 second from winning the greatest finals series in recent memory but you make it sound like they lost 4-0.

I probably could re write what I meant but it was late lol

I don't see how its harsh at all, I was only talking about games 6 and 7 btw. Parker, from game 3 onwards had a hamstring strain so it limited his ability to perform but he was good up until game 5, his shot was off the next two games which you can say was effected by his hammy of course. Ginobili was awful everyone knows that, as was Splitter in limited minutes. Green couldnt hit shots - but as I mentioned created more shots for others. Through games 1-7 Duncan and Leonard were the most consistent performers on our team.

And who did step up in those last 2 games? Neal was terrible I still can't get over Millers 1 shoe 3 pointer, Neal just saw him wide open and ran the other side of the court. You can not say our best players in those last 2 games weren't Duncan and Leonard. Everyone on the Spurs tried but were unable to get the job done.

Im just stating the obvious we were so close yet we had players who just weren't as consistent as they usually are. I don't understand how you get the idea I make it sound as though we lost 4-0?

It was a miracle with how Miami won and it still hurts as a Spurs fan, I hope we can win it this season - A better team, players have another year of experience and everyone has been well rested all season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

don't get me wrong i was hurting as much as you. and yep neal failed to deliver and green was heavily defended and couldn't land anything at the end of the finals.

like you i can still play out game 6 in my head and probably will until SAS next wins a championship. i was just trying to make the point that the spurs were 1 second from winning it all but you made it sound like everyone bar timmy and leonard were on 1 leg or hopeless, and whether if that last second played out differently you would have a different view. nevermind it's not a significant point, just semantics. :thumbsu:

these lunch time games in rd1 aren't very good news for australian fans. #gospursgo

Hopefully we can win the title this season and lose that pain because this is our best shot to win a title. Didn't mean to make it sound as it was a 2 man team was just saying players didn't perform as well as they were during the season for those last two games, and yes I would have a different view if we had won, we should not have lost and I honestly thought that was it we wouldn't get another chance in the finals but this team is better than last seasons and is the best team in the league.. Fingers crossed we can go all the way.

The times are horrible but at least Monday is a public holiday so I don't have a problem getting up early to watch us beat the Mavs.

Same. I'll be up.

Still on a spurs high from seeing a few games this year. First time I've been, many years in the making. I put a few photos on the spurs thread in the crows backyard forum. Have you gone over to see them?

You saw them play? Very jealous... Ill never get to see the big 3 ever play unless Patty Mills brings em in Aus for an exhibition which will never happen. Ill have a look at the pictures. How was the experience? Did you meet any of the players?

Jesus you were right behind them, what was Pop like when coaching the team?

Jesus you were right behind them, what was Pop like when coaching the team?

It was good watching him give Leonard a rocket. I think I put that photo up. The team was in great spirits, lots of playing around pre game, like Timmy and Baynes doing karate kicks on each other while the lakers team were being announced!

Sat behind the jazz bench at AT&T, but Tyrone doesn't sit still. Courtside is surreal, but 10 rows back is a better view!

Would have been a great experience, you're a lucky man. Hopefully I can go to the states and see the Spurs play.. although there will probably be no big 3 or Pop there :p

Jeff Hornacek says what up.

pop should be laughing with this one i could rattle off 3 or 4 other candidates i would have picked before him.

Had Hornacek made the playoffs maybe.

Playing no player 30 minutes and making the playoffs - never been done
Coming off a devastating finals loss
5th longest winning streak in NBA history
Consistent all year - did not lose more than 2 games in a row on losing streaks
Best record this season
Lost both of his top assistant coaches
Dealing with injuries to key players throughout the season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back