The Official Week 1 'Lets get ready to laugh at the Knicks' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Double fouls are so stupid.

Perfect for Blake though where he just about always grapples and holds first, then whine's for the foul after the reaction comes.

The second foul may be there but so's the first.

Pistons shoot poorly again, and lose again.

Josh Smith 5/16 from the field, including 2/8 outside of 10 feet. When will this guy f*cking learn?!

Smith - 14/38 from the field, including 0/5 from downtown

Sucked in :p
I feel for you guys with his contract though which is quite literally unmoveable, hopefully Monroe takes away a large chunk of his minutes, but not so good that you pass my hawks.

Perfect for Blake though where he just about always grapples and holds first, then whine's for the foul after the reaction comes.

The second foul may be there but so's the first.

I usually don't have a problem seeing Blake getting fouled out, but I guess I'd just rather see them let it go.

Sucked in :p
I feel for you guys with his contract though which is quite literally unmoveable, hopefully Monroe takes away a large chunk of his minutes, but not so good that you pass my hawks.

I just don't understand how/why nobody has done anything about his shot selection. You'd think Monroe being out would allow him to play the 4 and operate closer to the basket. A coach benching him for extended stretches, teammates calling him out, nothing. Surely it's obvious to everyone how much of a problem his shot selection is, and surely it's causing chemistry issues. Are people really that "afraid" to piss Smith off?

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah baby!

carmelo-anthony.jpg

Can't seem to find any Boston/Miami fans around any more.
Looks like the Bulls are the new bandwagon team on BF
Apart from me who has been here constantly the last 2 days, nbaman who posted 3 posts above this post and lockyer24 who also posted on this page? :p

Didn't watch the Thunder game, but looking at the box score, it looks like they've gone in with their usual Durant playbook, and slotted Perry Jones in instead, and said "Perry, do your best!"

32 points (10/17 from the field, 3/6 from downtown, 9/11 from the line), 7 rebounds, 3 assists. Such a typical Durant stat-line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just don't understand how/why nobody has done anything about his shot selection. You'd think Monroe being out would allow him to play the 4 and operate closer to the basket. A coach benching him for extended stretches, teammates calling him out, nothing. Surely it's obvious to everyone how much of a problem his shot selection is, and surely it's causing chemistry issues. Are people really that "afraid" to piss Smith off?

At least you haven't had the sheer privilege of seeing him do it late in a playoff game, he did it in game 6 against indiana in his last game for atlanta costing us the game and the series.
I would've liked to have seen what budenholzer would've done with him, I get the feeling he would've spent a fair bit of time on the bench, but with that being said our offence is predicated around shooting so he probably would have just had to learn how to shoot, or he just wouldn't have played.
I think Van Gundy will turn him around and won't be one to accept his cr@p, I would hope so otherwise he will be a great waste of talent..

Pistons shoot poorly again, and lose again.

Josh Smith 5/16 from the field, including 2/8 outside of 10 feet. When will this guy f*cking learn?!

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope 5/13 as well.

One positive was Caron Butler getting hot off the bench. Can't really rely on that each game, but they really should start him over Smith, just for balance.

Running tally of who is shooting the Pistons out of the game more:

Smith - 14/38 from the field, including 0/5 from downtown
KCP - 8/32 from the field, including 2/10 from downtown
Watching parts of both Pistons game, whatever SVG has tried to implement thus far is just not working. Much like the Knicks with Melo, it's so often the case that Smith ends up taking the contested long 2 as the shot clock winds down, because the ball does not move at all.

On the upside, I think Augustin will be starting at PG sooner rather than later; Jennings is the Boozer of guards.

KCP's scoring has been very ugly but oterhwise he just looks like such a fluid player for a guard-forward. Would back him in, but its just not going to work if Singler continues to run around like a headless chook without providing an option. I fear that Monroe returning next game will just **** the lacklustre spacing even more.

It seems that the Clippers have become the Collingwood or the Essendon of the NBA haha

It seems that the Clippers have become the Collingwood or the Essendon of the NBA haha
More like Freo. Smug, self entitled, bandwagoning campaigners who haven't achieved anything yet act like they have had years of success.

More collingwood I reckon, Essendon hate is just on a whole 'nother level.
I certainly don't hate Collingwood. Maybe that's because we routinely have a % booster against them thesedays :p

Maybe they are equivalent to the Swans for me, but without the success.

Maybe they don't have an AFL comparison. They are certainly a bunch of campaigners though thats for sure

Lol @ LeBron. I've seen better returns betting in maidens at Murtoa.

My Knick brothers, bookmark today.

Really looking forward to the Suns/Spurs game tomorrow and jagging the Flemington quaddie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back