The Official Week 22 Thread...where we make some noise for the return of Paul George

If you had to win a title in the next 5 years, which player would you prefer to have on your team?

• Kevin Love

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Andrew Wiggins

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Kendrick Perkins

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Matthew Dellavedova

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

20kwufm.png

I have looked at the Clippers' run home, and I reckon they will win 8/10 games. Memphis and Houston have a pretty tough run home, and both might only win six of their remaining games. That means LAC will get home court advantage in the first week of the Playoffs.

Just checked the standings for the first time in a week, very unlikely. Dang.
Hopefully the crazy talented but disparaging Mavs can find something before the playoffs, they were legitmately powerful on offence before the got rondo.
So frustrating. Lately we've played as good as we have all season getting excellent wins against OKC, LAC and SAS but then go and lose to PHX and just scrape over against ORL. I don't think I've followed a Mavs team that has been so up and down through the season and I have absolutely no explanation. They have until the end of the season to get some sort of consistency or I may as well not even watch the playoffs.

Best sixteen really only works if each team plays each other the same number of times home and away, at current levels that's what, 58 games home and away, or 87 home, home, away with those alternating reach season.

East teams are inflated anyways given the poor standard of competition
But if you look at say the Pelicans (or even the Jazz) and they play in one of the strongest divisions, yet would still be pushing for the 5-6 seed in the east, who theoretically have an easier schedule. But i get what you're saying. It's never going to be 100% even if they want to keep the same amount of games.

But i guess it effects already traded picks, etc, which would make some owners vote against it.

Best sixteen really only works if each team plays each other the same number of times home and away, at current levels that's what, 58 games home and away, or 87 home, home, away with those alternating reach season.

East teams are inflated anyways given the poor standard of competition

I see what you are saying, but it would still be a better leveler even with the imbalance of games. e.g. if the playoffs started today the Pelicans and Phx would be in and Miami and Boston would be out and I think most people would agree that that would be the best 16 teams in the league.

has there been a season where so many super stars have been out for periods of time?

Hospital MVP Race Update.

Durant has finally moved ahead of Rose in the rankings

Shame for KD and OKC especially after the work Westbrook has done to get them seemingly in the playoffs.

But the future for KD is much more important than this season where they have no chance of beating the Warriors

Really, what did Brooks expect, playing Durant for 40+ minutes nearly every single damn game last year when he didn't need to? Bloody pathetic handling of the rotation and now we're paying for it.
Shame for KD and OKC especially after the work Westbrook has done to get them seemingly in the playoffs.

But the future for KD is much more important than this season where they have no chance of beating the Warriors
With Durant, we would have taken the fight right up to the Warriors. I think this is the best roster the Thunder has ever had, so much depth and talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

has there been a season where so many super stars have been out for periods of time?

Not just superstars, seems like there has been a heap in general. Howard's return has been timely as we are now without D-Mo too which would have left Smith and Dorsey as the only fit bigs. Going to be playing a bit of small ball.

Really, what did Brooks expect, playing Durant for 40+ minutes nearly every single damn game last year when he didn't need to? Bloody pathetic handling of the rotation and now we're paying for it.

With Durant, we would have taken the fight right up to the Warriors. I think this is the best roster the Thunder has ever had, so much depth and talent.

Agree

But an under done KD with little to no game time wouldn't have don't the trick IMO.

Foot injuries scare the heck out of me when it come to long term prospects. Maybe it was watching Yao Ming's career decline because of one but I'd have concerns about Durant's career from here. Terrible news for him and OKC.

lol i just can't do it, i think im gonna miss DeAndre Jordans career because of his free throw shooting

Too many things about the Clips piss me off to watch them :p

i love watching them, because i love hating on them when they start whinging and love seeing how much Doc can get away with

but lob city, flop city whatever city you like can go and get stuffed when i have to watch a pleb shoot hopefully 10% from the free throw

Golden state are up 8 but it could be 30 in the blink of an eye

Back