The Official Week 5 Thread...Brainless short people welcome.

What is the Greatest Frontcourt Ever Assembled?

• Carmelo / Amar'e / Tyson Chandler / Landry Fields

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Carmelo / Amar'e / Air Bargs / Samuel Dalembert

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Carmelo / Porzingis / Robin Lopez / Lou Amundson

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not literally, no, and there was a fair bit of hyperbole there. But in terms of confidence/belief and such, these losses and the situation the Sixers are/have been in really don't help. Over time that can start to weigh down on you individually and as a team and it's the biggest obstacle they probably face from here on out.

I'm still indifferent about the way the Sixers are building; you could grab some seriously great talent as a result of it and there's no way to predict which way it's going to go with total certainty. It could still end up a masterstroke. There are undoubted risks that come with it though and from what I've seen in crunch time over the last few games the belief really doesn't appear to be there. It can be tough to overcome that.

It's going to be an issue this year for sure. I think there was a Brown or Noel quote today about how they need to learn from it, and that pissed me off because that was something we should have learnt after the Miami game.

Yet, this season and the last 2 before it are an inevitable consequence of wanting to build something great down the road and when/if that happens, the team will look completely different with a new identity. Hence why I don't believe the losses now are going to be an engrained fixture of Philadelphia basketball in the future.

Also a side note (me venting really), but if people have an issue with how the Sixers are rebuilding in the sense that they don't think that it will work, then that's completely fine. I myself can't say that it will work for sure, but I can live with it and feel that it's more preferable than repeating the alternative for another decade.

What pisses me off are when people act as if its an affront to basketball, and that there are simple and holier-than-thou ways to winning a championship. As if being a middle of the pack team for years on end is more noble than being a bottom of the table team for a few years.

Some people don't want Simmons to come to Philly because of what we're doing. Everyone's entitled to their opinion or whatever, but just * off. And then there's people who feel sorry for Okafor and Noel.

I thought this tweet from Ja's dad summed it up pretty well.

Anyway end rant, love and Porzingis y'all.

It's going to be an issue this year for sure. I think there was a Brown or Noel quote today about how they need to learn from it, and that pissed me off because that was something we should have learnt after the Miami game.

Yet, this season and the last 2 before it are an inevitable consequence of wanting to build something great down the road and when/if that happens, the team will look completely different with a new identity. Hence why I don't believe the losses now are going to be an engrained fixture of Philadelphia basketball in the future.

Also a side note (me venting really), but if people have an issue with how the Sixers are rebuilding in the sense that they don't think that it will work, then that's completely fine. I myself can't say that it will work for sure, but I can live with it and feel that it's more preferable than repeating the alternative for another decade.

What pisses me off are when people act as if its an affront to basketball, and that there are simple and holier-than-thou ways to winning a championship. As if being a middle of the pack team for years on end is more noble than being a bottom of the table team for a few years.

Some people don't want Simmons to come to Philly because of what we're doing. Everyone's entitled to their opinion or whatever, but just **** off. And then there's people who feel sorry for Okafor and Noel.

I thought this tweet from Ja's dad summed it up pretty well.

Anyway end rant, love and Porzingis y'all.

You can rant all you want, but tanking doesn't show any evidence of working. And being a Carlton supporter I thought you would know that :p

Impeccable timing though by Ja.

Sixers about to go 0-30.

As if I needed another reason to hate Boston.

But yeah, go after a 6'11 dude if it makes you feel big.

He was right about one thing though. We got money. Something like 50 million in free cap space next year.

Impeccable timing though by Ja.

Sixers about to go 0-30.

As if I needed another reason to hate Boston.

But yeah, go after a 6'11 dude if it makes you feel big.

He was right about one thing though. We got money. Something like 50 million in free cap space next year.

Hinkie might not be too angry. Suspend him the season Adam, its ok (flicks over to watch LSU)

I would have thought you would have known the last part of the quote was tongue in cheek, hence the :p

But the first part is true.

Sorry, anything will rile me up right now. :cry:

But tanking to this extent has never been done before. Can't say it hasn't worked when the theory has never been properly tried in this setting.

Our problem wasn't forgetting how to win our problem was developing players capable of winning.

That is fixed now though.
Ima let you finish, but...

354248-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okafor should sit out a couple of weeks for that, give Noel a bit more burn and see if he can lift his performances with a bigger role in the offence.
Warsaw nice rant and agreed, the one thing nobody can deny is you almost have a clean slate and a lot of talent coming in to work with.
A lot of teams right now would kill for that opportunity, I just don't think a lot of teams would be as brazen as the sixers have since the jrue/bynum team was blown up.

Back