The Official Week 5 Thread (feat. Carmelo Anthony, Business Tycoon)

If you could start a franchise with 1 player, who would it be?

• Kevin Durant

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Anthony Davis

Votes: 22 56.4%
  • Boogie Cousins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Joe Ingles

Votes: 15 38.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I was a fan of the bucks roster before jabari and kidd. cbf looking back but i made some comments on a few of the bottom dweller's rosters from last season and i liked milwaukee from a roster point of view.
I was even high on the Bucks the start of last season. The fact that their roster had a worse record than Philly last year goes to show what a cluster * of a season that was for them. What the hell happened

I was even high on the Bucks the start of last season. The fact that their roster had a worse record than Philly last year goes to show what a cluster **** of a season that was for them. What the hell happened

They played too many different guys in too many minutes. I know you want to get a look at all the guys on your roster when you're in their situation, but defining a rotation and sticking to it can help guys develop and find a role in the league as much as anything else.

Through all the s**t people hang on Amar'e and the Knicks, has anyone actually noticed that he's playing pretty well individually so far this season? He's scoring as efficiently as ever on one of the lowest usage rates of his career, and he's rebounding at a higher rate than ever. Sure, he's never going to be a defensive stopper, or live up to his salary, and at age 32, with all the wear and tear, he is what he is, and I think he goes alright all things considered.

Only real "problem" I can see is that he's doing it off the bench in 23 minutes per game, rather than starting and playing 33+ minutes like they probably need him to (although they need his scoring with the second unit, too). Is the only thing holding him back at this point the "fear" that he'll break down if played more? I can't imagine he's begging off of playing more minutes.

Using information on 'Combined Statistical Area', I've re-jigged my earlier list ranking the 30 NBA teams by the population of the metro areas they serve:

Big
New York Knicks
Brooklyn Nets
Los Angeles Lakers
Los Angeles Clippers
Chicago Bulls
Washington Wizards
Golden State Warriors
Boston Celtics
Dallas Mavericks
Philadelphia 76ers

Medium
Houston Rockets
Miami Heat
Atlanta Hawks
Toronto Raptors
Detroit Pistons
Phoenix Suns
Minnesota Timberwolves
Cleveland Cavaliers
Denver Nuggets
Portland Trailblazers

Small
San Antonio Spurs
Orlando Magic
Charlotte Hornets
Sacramento Kings
Utah Jazz
Indiana Pacers
Milwaukee Bucks
New Orleans Pelicans
Oklahoma City Thunder
Memphis Grizzlies

Still nice to see a lot of good teams and quality players amongst that small market group.

So the Nuggs are already being written off as a playoffs chance? We aren't a certainty but surely we're at least in the mix...

I was pretty high on the Nuggets before the season started. They were absolutely derailed by major injures (Robinson, McGee, Galinari, Hickson) last season, even Ty Lawson missed a decent amount of time. This season they assembled one of the deepest rosters going around. The way I see it is that whilst they aren't fantastic at any one position except PG (Lawson), they have multiple players who could start at any position. Robinson backing up Lawson. Foye backing up Afflalo, Gallinari for Chandler, and so on. I was surprised by their awful start, and thought Shaw might have had to go; but they've turned it around. I think they can make the 6-8 seed, but the west is so bloody tough/even in that 6-12 seed range.

Mo be ballin'

I have no idea how they fit David Lee in. The other thing is "What would you sell David Lee for?". There is no obvious need for the Warriors. Only possible thing would be a backup for Bogut if he gets injured.

Here's how you fit David Lee in...

Option 1:
C - Andrew Bogut
PF - David Lee
SF - Harrison Barnes
SG - Klay Thompson
PG - Stephen Curry
-----
C - Festus Ezeli
PF - Marreese Speights
SF - Draymond Green
SG - Andre Iguodala
PG - Shaun Livingston
SG - Leandro Barbosa
C - Ognjen Kuzmić
SG - Brandon Rush
=====
SG - Justin Holiday
Option 2:
C - Andrew Bogut
PF - David Lee
SF - Harrison Barnes
SG - Klay Thompson
PG - Stephen Curry
-----
C - Marreese Speights
PF - Draymond Green
SF - Andre Iguodala
SG - Leandro Barbosa
PG - Shaun Livingston
C - Festus Ezeli
C - Ognjen Kuzmić
SG - Brandon Rush
=====
SG - Justin Holiday
Option 3:
C - Andrew Bogut
PF - Draymond Green
SF - Harrison Barnes
SG - Klay Thompson
PG - Stephen Curry
-----
C - Marreese Speights
PF - David Lee
SF - Andre Iguodala
SG - Leandro Barbosa
PG - Shaun Livingston
C - Festus Ezeli
C - Ognjen Kuzmić
SG - Brandon Rush
=====
SG - Justin Holiday

Nothing mind-blowing or revolutionary, but I'd like to see them persist with Option 1 for a while (~20 games) when Lee returns, and try and play as "traditional" a line-up as possible position-wise, as they haven't really had a solid stretch where everyone on this squad has been fit together AFAIK. If it's not working, I'd rather look at re-shuffling the line-up to either Option 2 (changing the bench rotation, probably the best line-up long-term) or 3 (bench rotation and starters) instead of making a trade. I don't think you're going to be able to get anyone of value back that wouldn't demand minutes that would change the dynamic further, and end up making the whole deal a sideways move.

Last edited:

Option 1:
C - Andrew Bogut
PF - David Lee
SF - Harrison Barnes
SG - Klay Thompson
PG - Stephen Curry
-----
C - Festus Ezeli
PF - Marreese Speights
SF - Draymond Green
SG - Andre Iguodala
PG - Shaun Livingston
SG - Leandro Barbosa
C - Ognjen Kuzmić
SG - Brandon Rush
=====
SG - Justin Holiday
Option 2:
C - Andrew Bogut
PF - David Lee
SF - Harrison Barnes
SG - Klay Thompson
PG - Stephen Curry
-----
C - Marreese Speights
PF - Draymond Green
SF - Andre Iguodala
SG - Leandro Barbosa
PG - Shaun Livingston
C - Festus Ezeli
C - Ognjen Kuzmić
SG - Brandon Rush
=====
SG - Justin Holiday
Option 3:
C - Andrew Bogut
PF - Draymond Green
SF - Harrison Barnes
SG - Klay Thompson
PG - Stephen Curry
-----
C - Marreese Speights
PF - David Lee
SF - Andre Iguodala
SG - Leandro Barbosa
PG - Shaun Livingston
C - Festus Ezeli
C - Ognjen Kuzmić
SG - Brandon Rush
=====
SG - Justin Holiday

Nothing mind-blowing or revolutionary, but I'd like to see them persist with Option 1 for a while (~20 games) when Lee returns, and try and play as "traditional" a line-up as possible position-wise, as they haven't really had a solid stretch where everyone on this squad has been fit together AFAIK. If it's not working, I'd rather look at re-shuffling the line-up to either Option 2 (changing the bench rotation, probably the best line-up long-term) or 3 (bench rotation and starters) instead of making a trade. I don't think you're going to be able to get anyone of value back that wouldn't demand minutes that would change the dynamic further, and end up making the whole deal a sideways move.

I'm still of the opinion you don't fix what isn't broken.

Option 1:
C - Andrew Bogut
PF - David Lee
SF - Harrison Barnes
SG - Klay Thompson
PG - Stephen Curry
-----
C - Festus Ezeli
PF - Marreese Speights
SF - Draymond Green
SG - Andre Iguodala
PG - Shaun Livingston
SG - Leandro Barbosa
C - Ognjen Kuzmić
SG - Brandon Rush
=====
SG - Justin Holiday
Option 2:
C - Andrew Bogut
PF - David Lee
SF - Harrison Barnes
SG - Klay Thompson
PG - Stephen Curry
-----
C - Marreese Speights
PF - Draymond Green
SF - Andre Iguodala
SG - Leandro Barbosa
PG - Shaun Livingston
C - Festus Ezeli
C - Ognjen Kuzmić
SG - Brandon Rush
=====
SG - Justin Holiday
Option 3:
C - Andrew Bogut
PF - Draymond Green
SF - Harrison Barnes
SG - Klay Thompson
PG - Stephen Curry
-----
C - Marreese Speights
PF - David Lee
SF - Andre Iguodala
SG - Leandro Barbosa
PG - Shaun Livingston
C - Festus Ezeli
C - Ognjen Kuzmić
SG - Brandon Rush
=====
SG - Justin Holiday

why did you hide the 3 options?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't understand why the Pelicans are wearing their red alternate uniforms on back to back trips to Atlanta and Washington, both of which have predominantly red paints on their home courts. It's straining to look at.

The Hornets have been so disappointing

I can't remember feeling this optimistic about a Charlotte season since I started following them and they have been awful in every way. Lance and Kemba shooting around 37%, terrible at closing out games and none of the defensive intensity that they showed last year. An offense centered around Al also isn't going to work without shooters to space the floor.

Considering that two of the wins were the crazy comeback against the Bucks and the Lance buzzer beater, things are even worse than they appear.

Back